HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2011, 08:44 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogChief View Post
Also, has there been any serious investigation into an all digital hopping system on 900Mhz ?
XPS will have a 900mhz version of their transmitter coming out in a few months... uses the same data encryption/protocol as their 2.4 system, and apparently it will be hopping...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 01:42 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,168 Posts
You mean sure JDs new constant Hope system.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800102
Graupners swan song about IFS/XPS had started.
http://www.graupner.de/filerootdir/d...Preisliste.pdf
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old May 18, 2011, 02:26 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
You mean sure JDs new constant Hope system.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800102
Graupners swan song about IFS/XPS had started.
http://www.graupner.de/filerootdir/d...Preisliste.pdf
I can appreciate what has transpired, but the radio exists... I've held it, fondled it, let it whisper sweet nothings into my ears in cd audio quality sound. I also understand that it's not out yet. However the gear that I am flying proves they can deliver awesome stuff so I'm happy for now but really looking forward to this system...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old May 18, 2011, 07:38 AM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp View Post

The Nall is a one of a kind and has little to no bearing on the rest of the RC world.
That its own size has brought problems is rather obvious.
That those problems are not indicative of RC as a whole should also be obvious.
Actually it's two of a kind. IRCHA has always been neck and neck in terms of near 1000 pilot participation the last few years.
barracudahockey is offline Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old May 18, 2011, 12:06 PM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey View Post
Actually it's two of a kind. IRCHA has always been neck and neck in terms of near 1000 pilot participation the last few years.

My choice of "One of a kind" is based upon the distances flown away from the Tx.
I didn't overlook the IRCHA (matter of fact Don Chapman was a friend of many years) it is that their flying distances are quite short compared to the fixed wing group and that IMO constitutes yet another "one of a kind".

From the standpoint of participants you are of course quite right.

I'm certain you understand that my real point was that comparing the radio performance at either event to RC Flying at the club level alone is simply
an absurdity of immense proportions.

The regular RC'r, even regular competition flier, simply is not going to encounter such conditions.

While I've never seen Futaba indicate a suggested limit on simultaneous operators (doesn't mean they haven't just that I am unaware of it)
I am aware of the 40 HH / Spektrum indicated on DSM2 and 100 on DSMX.

The participants of either event are "pushin' the cushion" and shouldn't be too bloody surprised at the results.

Fortunately, to date, no personal injuries or worse has been involved.

However, I'd hate to have to represent the operators in a court of law should that occur .
Virtually an opened and closed case with the warnings experienced and verified to date, not to mention the publication these occurrences have received both on line and in the print media.

Unfortunately to keep it up without significant changes in safety procedures is akin to playing Russian roulette with all chambers loaded .
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp