HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by cass3825, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 14, 2011, 06:39 PM
Joined Feb 2005
473 Posts
Discussion
Universal VTOL MultiWii code

Servo speed and stretching options added for all servo channels. Settings just below I2C speed selection. Servo pin assignments will need to be commented/uncommented depending on your pin usage.

EDIT: Revisions made based on first successful transition flights.
cass3825 is offline Find More Posts by cass3825
Last edited by cass3825; May 17, 2011 at 09:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2011, 09:00 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cass3825 View Post
Servo speed and stretching options added for all servo channels. Settings just below I2C speed selection. Servo pin assignments will need to be commented/uncommented depending on your pin usage.
That is pretty cool. I think I have plenty to get started with now, but if you want to keep busy read on...

If I understand it, this turns on stretching or slow for all 5 pins at the same time. Is there a way to have stretching and or slow on specific pins instead of all 5 pins on or off at the same time? The stretched signal still seams really smooth so maybe this isn't needed but the option might be good for testing.

At some point we might want to play with turning the accel on or off during flight. Is there an easy way to do that. I'm thinking the accel might be off during forward flight with just the gyros helping out with the control surfaces then we'll want the accel back on during hovering.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old May 15, 2011, 02:25 AM
Austria
Joined Oct 2007
281 Posts
MultiWii Paris V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass3825 View Post
Hi Billy,

I have a Tricopter-Tiltrotor VTOL project waiting for a capable flight controller and pleased to see someone coming up with a special code for such applications

I already have a standard Tricopter with a PARIS v3.0 Aerial Photography/LLC/BMA180 - MultiWiiCopter board http://www.multiwiicopter.com/collec...rd-plug-n-play

Do you think your VTOL-code will work with this board?

Thanks, Michael
VTOLicious is offline Find More Posts by VTOLicious
Old May 17, 2011, 10:01 PM
Joined Feb 2005
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
That is pretty cool. I think I have plenty to get started with now, but if you want to keep busy read on...

If I understand it, this turns on stretching or slow for all 5 pins at the same time. Is there a way to have stretching and or slow on specific pins instead of all 5 pins on or off at the same time? The stretched signal still seams really smooth so maybe this isn't needed but the option might be good for testing.

At some point we might want to play with turning the accel on or off during flight. Is there an easy way to do that. I'm thinking the accel might be off during forward flight with just the gyros helping out with the control surfaces then we'll want the accel back on during hovering.
All servos are individually stretchable and/or can be slowed individually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTOLicious View Post
Hi Billy,

I have a Tricopter-Tiltrotor VTOL project waiting for a capable flight controller and pleased to see someone coming up with a special code for such applications

I already have a standard Tricopter with a PARIS v3.0 Aerial Photography/LLC/BMA180 - MultiWiiCopter board http://www.multiwiicopter.com/collec...rd-plug-n-play

Do you think your VTOL-code will work with this board?

Thanks, Michael
I believe it should work! Special attention needs to be paid to the pin assignments. Let me know via PM if you need help with this.
cass3825 is offline Find More Posts by cass3825
Old Oct 05, 2011, 08:30 AM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
ardupilot mega with IMU

Hi Billy,

Great Job...!!!
I'm from Malaysia and still learning programming..try to understand the code.

I have ardupilot mega + ardupilot IMU shield.

Could you help to modified arducopter code from tricopter to VTOL plane?
I plan to tilt 2 front motor for direct flight and turn off tail motor

thanks
Tasfin
mt67 is offline Find More Posts by mt67