HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by CrashingDutchman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 14, 2011, 01:44 PM
The Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking buddy codes explained

Before Hobbyking deactived the Swarm functionality you had to organise a group of at least 6 people that wanted to buy the same item and got a rebate for a specific product. It's totally different now. The idea is as follows:
  • buy the items you want or need
  • after your order is complete you go to your account page (see 'View my account' image on main page of Hobbyking.com) and click on the link where you can check your orders
  • as long as your order has the status processing and is not older than 14 days, you will see a blue buddy icon behind the status of each product you bought (Please note: not all products are eligable for Swarm)
  • click the blue buddy icon and you will be presented a, so called, 'buddy code' that you can share with your 'buddies'. You can share your buddy codes with the world here: http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm or on forums.
  • If one or more of your buddies buy the same item and use the same buddy code, they will get an instant rebate of a certain percentage for that product with that order and you are refunded in the form of store credit. This credit can be used with your next order.
It is important to know that if you want to make use of someone elses Buddy Codes, then you have to log in to the Hobbyking website first. After that you can make use of buddy links people post on forums, blogs and our buddy code collection site.
If you want to buy something and want to see if someone else already posted a buddy code for that item, again go to our buddy code collection site and use the search function to find the product you are looking for.
This article may change when more information comes available about the new Swarm functionality. Stay tuned.
If you have any buddy codes (Swarm codes) to share, then go to http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm. Also, if you are looking for buddy codes, visit that link and see what products others have registered.
To know if a product is elegible for buddy sale, the following text must be shown on the product page:

Here is a preview of our Buddy Code Collection site

The good thing of making use of a site like mine is that you don't have to go to multiple threads on these forums or forums elsewhere if you have plans to buy a certain product. Just use the search function of my site and there is a big chance you will find it.

Currently (at time of writing) we have over 2300 buddy codes registered!

If you want to post your buddy codes in this thread, then use my site: HTTP://HK.RC-INTERNATIONAL.INFO/SWARM
CrashingDutchman is offline Find More Posts by CrashingDutchman
Last edited by CrashingDutchman; Apr 26, 2012 at 03:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2011, 08:26 AM
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
My buddy code collecition site has undergone a couple of changes and there is some new functionality.

There were 2 functions on the buddy code page namely, adding new buddy codes and browsing/searching available buddy codes. It is still on one page, but both functions are moved to a tab. By default you will arrive on the tab with available codes. If you want to add your new codes, then click the tab 'Add buddy codes'.

The tab pages look like this:

The list of available codes hasn't changed, but the tab to add new buddy codes has and will continue to change the coming time. I have added a box that will be filled with text that you can copy/paste to forums. If you past the text into a new forum reply and you will see something like this:

Looking forward to hear what you think!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:30 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,518 Posts
Better of with quicker processing and delivery to my mind.
reliability and service is paramount, imho.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:14 AM
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Sorry, there is nothing I can do about that. I just can help sharing your buddy codes to save a few pennies...
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:42 PM
USA, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2006
595 Posts
Thx! great page!!
michael503 is offline Find More Posts by michael503
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
Hmmm.... any ideas when it will be up again?
crenn is offline Find More Posts by crenn
Old Jul 30, 2011, 04:10 AM
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
Has anyone actually received bonus points from this? I have posted a heap of them and never received any bonus points. Great idea though.
Tony7 is offline Find More Posts by Tony7
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
NTM Prop Drive Series 35-30 1100kv / 380w :

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...F-599479A6B46F

40CM Servo Lead (Futaba) 32AWG Ultra Light (10pcs/set):

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...E-E9554D1B05F0

Linkage Stopper D2.1mm (10sets):

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...7-4719A70E9081

Turnigy 30FPS Ultra-Mini DigiCam (without memory card):

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...A-22ABE5E5F0F5

PolyMax 3.5mm Gold Connectors 10 PAIRS (20PC)

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...7-FC2D9F0016D7

pilot56 is offline Find More Posts by pilot56
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:09 AM
Joined Jan 2008
2 Posts
Turnigy Nano-Tech 1S 160mAh Batteries for $1.06

Hey Guys, here is a buddy code to get the Turnigy Nano-Tech 1S 160mAh Batteries for $1.06. I use these batteries in all my ParkZone and E-Flite micro planes. This code will be good till 8/19/2011.

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...E-B030BB33ACF9

Enjoy
ryantrax is offline Find More Posts by ryantrax
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Guys, please stop adding your codes here. There are other threads and my site discussed here is excellent. Over 2400 codes at time of writing and around 700 people visiting it per day (and growing).
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:35 PM
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
I am sure you recognize this: You have added a few Hobbyking items to your shopping cart and the site says:

Quote:
ADD MORE TO YOUR CART FOR $0.00 EXTRA IN SHIPPING!"

GLS Express Courier 10kg (Germany to Netherlands) $9.99 9167g left.
SingPost AirParcel 2kg / 7-21Days $37.11 1167g left.
International (Registered) Air Mail 751g - 1kg $17.95 166g left.
EMS Express to Netherlands(MAX 1kg) $29.95 166g left.
Air Parcel (NETHERLANDS) 500g - 1499g $24.36 666g left.
DPD-NL 4-7 Days 0-3kg (Germany to Netherlands) $12.30 2166g left.
To fill up your package, I have added the possibility to filter buddy code products on weight. Let's say you have 10 gram left, you type '10' in the textbox and click the 'Go'-button. All items that weigh less than or equal to 10 gram are shown. You can easily go through the pages and add the items you like to your order. Why filter on grams? Well, Hobbyking uses grams.

Have a look at it here: http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm

If you find anything strange with this new functionality, then please let me know in this thread, I am monitoring it on a daily basis. Please keep it short so we can stay on topic.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:34 PM
USA, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2006
595 Posts
Nice! thanks a bunch
michael503 is offline Find More Posts by michael503
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:33 AM
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Hooray!

We are very close to 3000 buddy codes. It might happen today, otherwise probably tomorrow. On average, we grow over 100 codes per day at the moment.

The person who adds buddy code #3000* to our site will receive a $ 10 PayPal donation from us. If your buddy code is #3000, then you will be notified that you qualified for the donation and presented with a code that you should email to us through the contact page.

*) Since codes older than 14 days are removed by the system automatically at midnight (GMT +1), it is possible that at that time the counter goes back to a number below 3000 and starts counting again. The donation is only valid the first time someone posts code #3000.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
I think it was last Sunday that we hit the 3000 active buddy codes for the first time. We actually hit the 3000 codes a couple of times after Sunday, but only the first one to post the number 3000 buddy code was eligible for the prize.

Since we exchange codes with a Russian buddy code site, there was a possibility that #3000 came from an external site. Guess what? It did come from the Russian site.

This makes it an interesting story. If the code was posted on our site, the winner would have received a message with what to do to cash his prize. Now I had to see who the winner was, so I contacted our Russian friends and after a few hours they came back with a Skype address. I added this user to my Skype and started to wait. Nothing happened. Then my Russian friend found an email, so I sent an email to the winner and low and behold, it didn't take long to receive a reply.

Then there was an other hurdle to take. PayPal in Russia can only be used to send money, not to receive. How to solve that. He didn't have Moneybookers which would have been another possibility.

Finally my Russian friend came to the rescue again. He has a Moneybookers account where I could send the money to, which he in his turn forwarded it by a Russian payment system to the winner.

We might have more of these prizes in the future, please keep an eye on our buddy code collection site
Closed Thread