HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Fish99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:00 PM
United States, AZ, Rio Verde
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Marlin,

I have a DX6i and was wondering how you programmed in 2 positions on your flaps.

Appreciate the help.

Poncho
Ponchogolf is offline Find More Posts by Ponchogolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:11 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchogolf View Post
Marlin,

I have a DX6i and was wondering how you programmed in 2 positions on your flaps.

Appreciate the help.

Poncho
No problem here are my settings.

Flaps Settings

Norm - Flap up 100 Elev 0
Land - Flap up 45 Elev 0

This sets up the 1st position or approach flaps position. To get this you flip the flap switch from 0 to 1.

I then use a mix to let me use the Elev dual rate switch for the 2nd position or Final flaps position.

Mix Settings
Flap to Flap ACT
Rate D 0% U -80%
SW Ele D/R Trim INH

You then flip the flap switch to get to approach flaps, followed by flipping the Ele d/r switch to get the landing flaps. (I use the dual rate comb I function to set my dual rates all to the Ail d/r switch so I can use the ele switch for this.) You simply flick the ele d/r switch back up to go back to approach flaps and then the flaps switch up to completely retract then on a go-around.

Play with the settings to get it the way you like. These work for me but everyone has there own preferences.

Hope this helps.

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Last edited by Fish99; Nov 11, 2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:11 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,621 Posts
Retracts demo video

Here is another video of the P-47 this time with the installed electric retracts! It is a beauty to fly.

Marlin

PZ P-47 with retracts - Demo Flight (3 min 37 sec)
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:49 PM
United States, AZ, Rio Verde
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Thanks Marlin,

Works perfectly. Just need to play with the 2 settings to get the positions I want.

Poncho
Ponchogolf is offline Find More Posts by Ponchogolf
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:08 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,621 Posts
Spring CHECK FLIGHT

Just brushing the dust off the old P-47 with a little check flight. No one was out at the club, despite it being an awesome morning, so I got in front of the flight line and got some good video footage of the PZ Thunderbolt!

Enjoy,

Marlin
Parkzone P47 Spring Checkflight - Flight Review (8 min 19 sec)
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:37 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Hi Marlin.

That was some excellent flying! Nice & smooth - very scale-looking. Looks like you've got her dialed-in very well. I am surprised at how well she handles the grass. Love your field! Your area looks just like the area around my hometown in northern MN on the SW shore of Lake of the Woods - just a few miles south of the 49th parallel. In fact, our old flying field was nearly a dead-ringer for yours - including the sand piles, radio towers, and even the treeline! Our runway was smaller, though.

You mentioned playing with the CG to find a balance between in-flight & ground handling. Did she have a tendency to nose-over on landing with a forward CG, or was there some other behavior that you wanted to tune-out? Also - was that landing clean or with flaps?

I really need to get another Jug!

Happy flying!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:31 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Hi Marlin.

That was some excellent flying! Nice & smooth - very scale-looking. Looks like you've got her dialed-in very well. I am surprised at how well she handles the grass. Love your field! Your area looks just like the area around my hometown in northern MN on the SW shore of Lake of the Woods - just a few miles south of the 49th parallel. In fact, our old flying field was nearly a dead-ringer for yours - including the sand piles, radio towers, and even the treeline! Our runway was smaller, though.

You mentioned playing with the CG to find a balance between in-flight & ground handling. Did she have a tendency to nose-over on landing with a forward CG, or was there some other behavior that you wanted to tune-out? Also - was that landing clean or with flaps?

I really need to get another Jug!

Happy flying!

Joel
Hey Joel,

Sounds like your home town is very nice. I sure like our area, we are close to a large metropolitan area, yet far enough out (10-15 mins) to feel small town still.

The jug flies great, and our Club is truly amazing, but the grass is not too smooth and can be a bit long, so the taxi, take off and landing part of the flight can be pretty tricky. That is exactly what I was talking about in playing with the CoG. If I get her a bit too nose heavy I can usually take off but landings get a bit tricky as it tends to nose over at the end when the power is off. With the CoG being back a bit, but still not TAIL HEAVY, it really helps. (I also put a washer under the back of screws of the retracts to give them a bit more forward rake, helped a lot.)

The landing is with full flaps though I often DUMP them right after touch down to help avoid nose over. In this case it was actually a pretty poor landing, didn't quite carry enough speed into it and over corrected so got a bit of bump. Worked out though.

Thanks for the kind comments and you really need this plane. It's the best flying foamie out there, IMO, and though I love the Spitfire as a plane and therefore that model is my "favourite", the P-47 I must admit is a better plane to fly. Truly a go to model.

Talk to you later,

Marlin