SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 13, 2011, 10:04 PM
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
965 Posts
Discussion
How loose do you keep your folding prop?

How loose do you keep your folding prop? Just loose enough that you have to slightly push it back against the fuselage? Or is it loose enough when holding the plane in your hand and you point the nose up 90 deg. to the ground that it folds back against the fuselage by its self?

Also do you use locktite on the threads,holding the prop on?

Just curious what everyone is doing. Or if you have a set way of adjusting the tension?
hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 10:15 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Loose enough so that it falls under it's own weight.
Loctite if the nuts are not lock nuts, or if the yoke uses bolts that screw into the yoke directly..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old May 13, 2011, 10:20 PM
Joined Jan 2007
651 Posts
Have mine so they move just by pointing nose up - down. Locktite is a must on the threads, I also put some on the bolt head shoulder. I also have the bolt head on the forward spin side, not sure if this is the best or not. Having a folder loose one prop half would be a very bad day.
kilwein is offline Find More Posts by kilwein
Old May 13, 2011, 11:05 PM
St. Louis
USA, MO, Ballwin
Joined Mar 2010
634 Posts
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilwein View Post
Have mine so they move just by pointing nose up - down. Locktite is a must on the threads, I also put some on the bolt head shoulder. I also have the bolt head on the forward spin side, not sure if this is the best or not. Having a folder loose one prop half would be a very bad day.
Fold under their own weight. Loctite needs to be kept away from any nylon or plastic part. Also, coat threads, not the tip of the bolt. You are using a "thread locking" compound.
Foambird is offline Find More Posts by Foambird
Old May 14, 2011, 12:56 AM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
very loose, so that is does not hang on power off.
outngo is offline Find More Posts by outngo