SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 18, 2011, 01:03 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWZILLA View Post
Hey Diesel, nice mods. Would you mind explaining some of them to the uneducated? 1Flex cable grind and solder? 2 How and where to add TB? 3 Where to get shear bolt? 4 And your best rx waterproof trick? They all sound easy enough just need some guidence.
Thanks
Sure...

1) after removing my flexcable (which I always do when I get a new boat), I found the end of the flexcable cut very poorly and it was not flat but sharp and jagged. I grinded the end smooth. After I did that I found that the ends where not fully soldered good which is done to stop the flexcable from unravling, so I resoldered it. To solder my flexcable I use a small butane torch, solder paste and lead solder. A dap of paste on the end the end the cable about 1" from the end and all the solder to work its way to the heat. After that I smooth the cable with sand paper to make sure its even and smooth.

2) the thrust bearing goes between the motor front plate and the coupler. Remove the coupler (the set screw is glued down with thread lock, heat the coupler/set scrwe up with a soldering iron and after its warm and the glue is loose it should break free easy), after the coupler is off, install 1 5mm thrust bearing then place the coupler back on real tight againt the bearing, you don't want any play

3) nylon shear pins can be bought at the local hardware store, i also have used small zipties before instead. remove the lower bolt where the rudder attaches to the bracket and install shear bolt or small ziptie.

4) http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1421881 this will help

*kintecracing.com and offshoreelectrics.com will have everything you need. hopefully this info helps. I tried uploading the video on unboxing and everything I did, but it was to large of a file for youtube .
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 01:51 PM
Australia, VIC, Blackburn North
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
That guy in the video with the glasses looks like the guy from Penn & Teller.

Hey Diesel, I had a browse through your youtube vids & came across a Genesis with a Feigao motor. Now, from what I could see, that was stupidly fast, as you would hit the throttle & it would literally launch out of the water.

Do you have any other vids of it going flat out with a GPS? I'm curious.
mozzyrocks is offline Find More Posts by mozzyrocks
Old May 18, 2011, 03:53 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Thank you Diesel, well said and ill check those sites out for the TB. Is Tower a good place to pick this up? How did u get yours again? Is it for sale now? where
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
Old May 18, 2011, 04:15 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzyrocks View Post
That guy in the video with the glasses looks like the guy from Penn & Teller.

Hey Diesel, I had a browse through your youtube vids & came across a Genesis with a Feigao motor. Now, from what I could see, that was stupidly fast, as you would hit the throttle & it would literally launch out of the water.

Do you have any other vids of it going flat out with a GPS? I'm curious.
I no longer have that boat, it was running mid 50 mph though on 5s, in the video I was screwing around with the cg and i moved it back too far which is why she ran so loose. I had it running much better before I sold it.

Quote:
Thank you Diesel, well said and ill check those sites out for the TB. Is Tower a good place to pick this up? How did u get yours again? Is it for sale now? where
Hey just noticed your in Charlotte area. Sweet I live north of Charlotte in Cornelius on Lake Norman. Let me know if you ever want to get together. I'm always game for meeting new people and helping them get in the hobby.

I picked mine up at Tower, I ordered a few months ago when it was on backorder, that's how I got mine so fast.
Last edited by Diesel6401; May 18, 2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old May 18, 2011, 07:33 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Just checked out Jan's site. Hey's got a MC section now, you can find the TB and shear pins there http://kintecracing.com/Motley_Crew.html
Old May 19, 2011, 01:03 AM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,881 Posts
This one is on my list
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old May 19, 2011, 05:46 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Hey Diesel, that kinetecracing site is great and seems to have all the goodies for this boat.
Yea im in pineville and have a few small ponds around or i go to wyle. A lake norman trip could be fun. Im runing a sv 27 now that is a handful but alot of fun. Im looking at this boat soon and my friend will prolly get it before me.
Looks like tower is on B/O again.
Old May 19, 2011, 05:51 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Hey Diesel, that kinetecracing site is great and seems to have all the goodies for this boat.
Yea im in pineville and have a few small ponds around or i go to wyle. A lake norman trip could be fun. Im runing a sv 27 now that is a handful but alot of fun. Im looking at this boat soon and my friend will prolly get it before me.
Looks like tower is on B/O again.
I use to run at the park in pineville, there are some guys in the Indian trail area as well . There is a small pond in davidson I run at as well, it's easier for recovery there. Anytime you want to meet up let me know. I can pm you email or you can send me a pm through here and it goes to my email as well. Bring your buddy with you if you want. I got a gargae for of crap to screw around with lol.... I'll give you some tips/pointers as well if you like. Never ran at Wylie but my aunt lives in Fort Mill, so a trip that way isn't out of the way at all either. Indian Trial at my buddies community is the best pond hands down though.
Old May 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Notice the motor mount

Interesting information found over at OSE. Look at the motor mount, seems to be in backwards from the factory on the production model. I will be switching mine. I did notice a larger then normal gap between the stuffing tube and coupler which could lead to cable whip issues, flipping the mount will solve that. I may also change my stock flexcable and coupler out as well. All prior to first run. I am in no rush and to make sure everything properly setup.

Like all rtr's nothing beats a detailed visual inspection prior to running and also fully reading the manual. It doesn't matter how many boats I have I always fully read the manual prior to running some guys get complacent or thing they are experienced enough not to read the manual. What I do when something new is about to hit is check the companies website, proboat and aquacraft normally post the manual prior to the boats release for pdf viewing.
Last edited by Diesel6401; May 19, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:22 AM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Good eye Diesel! You think that is a mistake at the factory? Fliping it around seems easy enough.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:24 AM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Good eye Diesel! Do you think that is a mistake by the factory? Fliping it around seems like an easy fix.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
The UL1 uses the same mount, and it's installed the other way (same as prototype):

wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old May 20, 2011, 04:46 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
From Grim about this: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...82&postcount=5
Old May 21, 2011, 09:56 AM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,881 Posts
So another words don`t mess with the motor mount right diesel ?
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old May 21, 2011, 01:37 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
So another words don`t mess with the motor mount right diesel ?
Yea that's what Grim is saying. I guess roll with it the way it is.