HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2011, 02:24 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
71 Posts
got to say that the MG looks better but the MC looks like it performs a bit better but would be happy with either or both
lots of power is offline Find More Posts by lots of power
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2011, 02:43 AM
Danmark, Sjælland, Sorø
Joined May 2011
436 Posts
[QUOTE=Diesel6401;18246147]I also thought the graphics were HORRIBLE, been then I seen the RCU interview with Grim and look how the boat looks in the video i think it looks kinda cool in the video. The product/website photos just suck I think the vid does a nice job of showing the boat. http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=24208

Yea, looks way more shiny... I think it looks very cool. This is definately gonna be mine over the summer.
bostong is offline Find More Posts by bostong
Old May 16, 2011, 08:14 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
From the vid i saw it runs very well and turns on a dime....................but sheesh, what a horrible paint/decal them................i think its kinda ugly........sorry if i offend
Love it or hate it, it's a pretty scale representation of the full scale one:

http://www.motleycrewracing.com/
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old May 16, 2011, 03:08 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Here's the motor I plan on using. I won't disclose the prop information though.... Its not a buy as is kinda prop....

ESC is a swordy 200.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
That boat color/graphics looks sick in the review, but no so good in the AC ads? Deff. need to confirm that for sure. Anyway that boat is just what ive been looking for!
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
Old May 16, 2011, 08:14 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,347 Posts
Thats gonna be a sweet boat with the 4068 Diesel................i wondered when someone would use that motor in a boat.........4068 is a nice size and has some good beef to it.
scorpion1 is online now Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old May 16, 2011, 09:02 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Quote:
Thats gonna be a sweet boat with the 4068 Diesel................i wondered when someone would use that motor in a boat.........4068 is a nice size and has some good beef to it.
Yea that's what I was thinking Scorp.

Did you put your name on the list for one of these? Steve has some in stock right now http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...ran+Boat+2.4GH
Old May 16, 2011, 10:23 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,347 Posts
Nope.........i bet it'll be nice, but im gettin' into the bigger stuff...............got some goodies on the way...........
Old May 17, 2011, 12:59 AM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Quote:
Nope.........i bet it'll be nice, but im gettin' into the bigger stuff...............got some goodies on the way...........
Bigger is good. I just got my Osprey in last week from HK, man o man is it night and day over the Vanquish. Just such a better build you can really tell it's a good TFL hull just like our Pursuits. I did find my stuffing slightly bent on arrival and the support mount broke off from the epoxy they used. I pulled the stuffing tube as soon as I got it torched it and straightened it up. Was a 10m fix good to go now. I will re-epoxy it down when I mount the motor mount. I have a CC 1717 mount from fightercat, the ones Pete from OSE custom makes. This is gonna be my baby slow and study on this one.
Old May 17, 2011, 06:20 AM
Zombie Apocalypse
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
1,973 Posts
Gee thats a neat mount.

Posta pic as the fightercat site picute isn't much good.
Rusty Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Old Fart
Old May 17, 2011, 07:31 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Ill get those pics for you on that mount rusty

Got the MC in today and damn she is sexy, for the first time in my life i made a unboxing video which i never do because I think there boring, not sure if I will post it or not. I will give some pros/cons about it:

First pictures on the internet do this boat NO justice, she is very VERY sexy in person. When I seen the images on the net I was kinda shocked the decal job looked terrible but in person she is beautiful. Very small steps they did a very good job making sure the sponsons were nice and true and a good 90, the motor is a beast. Onething I did notice is there are some area the clear coat was coming off and also the flexcable was a terrible cut. It was pointy and jagged and looked terrible. I grinded the flexcable down and actually resoldered it it was that bad. All and all i really REALLY like this hull.

Old May 17, 2011, 07:35 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Things I have done already:

- 5.5mm bullets on motor and esc
- flex cable grinded and re-soldered
- thrust bearing added
- properly greased the flex cable
- ensured all hardware was tightened
- added grim 42x55 prop
- installed shear bolt on the rudder
- wired eagletree rpm sensor into the boat
- waterproofed tactic receiver
Old May 17, 2011, 07:41 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,347 Posts
Very nice................thats one helluva capacitor on the ESC. I have several of the old ones with the smaller cap.............blew two and had to add my own, work fine now. That is the cleanest hull layout i have ever seen(the UL1 is a close second), great job on all the pertinent upgrades and so forth!
Old May 17, 2011, 08:27 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Quote:
Very nice................thats one helluva capacitor on the ESC. I have several of the old ones with the smaller cap.............blew two and had to add my own, work fine now. That is the cleanest hull layout i have ever seen(the UL1 is a close second), great job on all the pertinent upgrades and so forth!
HUGE cap on that scorp. She is very clean inside lots of room to work with, I will say they did a very nice job on this and is really FE friendly as it should be. Can't wait to run her.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:24 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Hey Diesel, nice mods. Would you mind explaining some of them to the uneducated? 1Flex cable grind and solder? 2 How and where to add TB? 3 Where to get shear bolt? 4 And your best rx waterproof trick? They all sound easy enough just need some guidence.
Thanks
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA