HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:19 PM
Joined Mar 2010
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
Range depends on many factors, things like on board and locally generated interference are the most important, but not the only ones.
Said this I think that 5-8km is doable if you keep the local interference low enough by doing careful routing of wires and antennas.
so under good circumstances, id be fine at 5km with an omni antenna and a 1w booster? whats the feild of views on those antennas youve listed? would the 7db patch be around 60-70 degrees?
fpvguy is offline Find More Posts by fpvguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:21 PM
Russia
Joined Sep 2010
9 Posts
any updates?
AlexRose is offline Find More Posts by AlexRose
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:44 AM
Joined Apr 2010
587 Posts
Any info on the motor and esc on the maxi swift?
hugy is online now Find More Posts by hugy
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:54 PM
Joined Jun 2010
713 Posts
Quote:
I don't know if there is a new version out there, you have to ask this to Vova. But I think the V8JT and V8FT are the same ones Rangevideo sells.
What about the telemetry version? Does this one have the same range?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Module_RX.html
cliffkot is offline Find More Posts by cliffkot
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:37 AM
Joined Oct 2007
1,311 Posts
My tests were limited to V8JT Tx and V8R7SP Rx. However I think Frsky use the same RF sections for all their systems.
I am preparing a new FPV wing for longer range. I know I can squeeze more range from my current setup, but have being to much busy with RVOSD programming. Hopefully will be flying again soon.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joined Apr 2010
587 Posts
Elcheapo what ntm motor did you use?
hugy is online now Find More Posts by hugy
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:27 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugy View Post
Elcheapo what ntm motor did you use?
This depends on your objective, if you want to go far then you should use the weakest motor than can keep the Maxi flying with the biggest propeller possible. Then you will run it on its highest efficiency curve (both motor and propeller). This change if you want to go higher or just cruise around.
On this flight I used an NTM 3536 1400Kv, prop 10X5 (non electric), ESC K-force 100A. I really like the NTM series of motors, they are well manufactured, balanced, dyno tests posted and cheap .
Old Oct 23, 2011, 03:26 PM
Poland
Joined Feb 2011
36 Posts
Elcheapo - today I pushed my plane to the limits
And it was limited by video, not RC
I used vertical antennas alignment with little V just like on your photos.

I also added low pass video filter for my FOX800

And today I reached 7284m with FrSky + booster + 5dBi FrSky Whip antenna

Video here:
FrSky FPV 7,3km (24 min 16 sec)

I could reach 10km but video was getting weaker - see 16th minute of the video.
Do you think the LowPass filter degraded the video signal?
I use 10-11dBi biquad in my ground station:
Mieciu is offline Find More Posts by Mieciu
Old Nov 05, 2011, 08:08 PM
Joined May 2011
25 Posts
anybody help me out .please. I have receiver frsky v8r7sp , can i bind it to futaba tx or dx6i tx? and how to do it? thanks you, I appreciate..
vary88 is offline Find More Posts by vary88
Old Nov 05, 2011, 08:26 PM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vary88 View Post
anybody help me out .please. I have receiver frsky v8r7sp , can i bind it to futaba tx or dx6i tx? and how to do it? thanks you, I appreciate..
Simply put, no you can't

You need a TFR Frsky RX (FASST Compatible) or you convert your Futaba/DX TX to FrSky ACCST, does your Futaba take a plug in module??.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hz_Futaba.html
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Old Nov 05, 2011, 11:56 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,311 Posts
Quote:
And today I reached 7284m with FrSky + booster + 5dBi FrSky Whip antenna
What antenna is that?
It seems like you have some kind of RSSI indication. Keep in mind that when it starts to drop packets bellow 80% you don't have much range left. So if there is no RTH on board you better turn around.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:09 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
DX201 and RVOSD both from http://rangevideo.com.
Hi Elcheapo- could you tell me if the 2.4GHz 1W amplifier for FrSky and FrSKY 2.4GHz patch antenna will work with other FrSky modules-namely this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14355 -which I have but have yet to install on my Turnigy 9x-

can you confirm what the application/software is that is seemingly logging the flight data to a laptop and google earth at 3'22" in your video
RVOSD5+FRsky+amplifier+patch, 20km (6 min 14 sec)
with RVOSDv5- I didn't know, but was hoping RVOSD does this but don't again see any info on the range video site- thanks for your reply- it is greatly appreciated
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:22 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
The antenna tracker I used on the video was driving an 8Dbi patch. It also has the capability to select an alternate video source (diversity) if the signal is better on that input. There was a yagi antenna on the receiver connected to that second input. The diversity system switched to the yagi at about 25km distance. I used the video transmitter adjusted for 1.16Ghz frequency.
I also had a 14dBi patch for the 2.4Ghz R/C transmitter. But that was mounted on the R/C transmitter. Aimed manually, I both had set a straight line course by having waypoints set on the OSD display. And also aimed the R/C antenna by watching the antenna tracker direction and RSSI signal value.
If your range is limited you have to use better antennas. I was able to fly up to 4.5km by using a patch antenna on the R/C transmitter and 800mW video transmitter. However keep in mind that 2.4Ghz signal can drop suddenly with no advice, and it could take several seconds to get signal back. Without a RTH system I don't think is good idea to test the limits of your R/C or video system.
Hi again- can you share which antenna tracker you are using with RVOSDv5- been researching for days- but cannot find a ground station that offers diversity and antenna tracking that works with RVOSDv5- also please feel free to PM as soon as you get more RVOSDv5s in stock- thanks very much !
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf
Last edited by TheSelf; Dec 21, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:22 PM
RCAPA #14
United States, TX, Wimberley
Joined Mar 2004
1,915 Posts
Did I miss something?.. the plane is a maxi swift, yet in the video it rotated off the ground as if it had landing gear..

Myron
Myron is offline Find More Posts by Myron
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:06 PM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
He's got retracts on it.

volto is offline Find More Posts by volto