SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:15 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
I used this amplifier.
I had all my test done on the FRsky system. I had read good reviews about it, and was cheap enough for me to try .
I know other people used on different RC 2.4Ghz. I guess it can be done if you know what to do, else use the search option on the forum, and/or ask if other people has done it. I suggest to do a lot of tests nearby before trying flying far away.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:50 AM
Joined May 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
I used this amplifier.
I had all my test done on the FRsky system. I had read good reviews about it, and was cheap enough for me to try .
I know other people used on different RC 2.4Ghz. I guess it can be done if you know what to do, else use the search option on the forum, and/or ask if other people has done it. I suggest to do a lot of tests nearby before trying flying far away.
Thank you very much Elcheapo, I will do more search on how to do it. Also thanks for your suggestion. I'll do the test for sure.
Beruang is offline Find More Posts by Beruang
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:21 PM
Rather be flyin
Tucson, Arizona
Joined Mar 2008
450 Posts
That is just awesome! Great work!
tom83
tom83 is offline Find More Posts by tom83
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:06 AM
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Joined Feb 2007
105 Posts
Alex, el rvosd toma control sobre los 4 controles principales (elevador, rudder, aleron y throttle)? o lo hace como otros que solo funciona tomando control de (rudder, elevador, throttle)? ya que si usa los 4 supongo que es mas preciso para hacer return to home ya que los aprovecharia todos
migser85 is offline Find More Posts by migser85
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:07 AM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
On standard configuration RVOSD will set rudder to neutral and will manage the plane travel by using ailerons, rudder and throttle.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:54 PM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,532 Posts
The autopilot on version 5 work with elevons control(flying wing) also ?
tushev is online now Find More Posts by tushev
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
of course
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:54 PM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,532 Posts
Awesome!
tushev is online now Find More Posts by tushev
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:52 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2009
22 Posts
Amazing video!

Thanks for sharing your amazing video Alejandro. Your OSD looks awesome, may have to try one of those.

Can you post some more info about your antenna tracker? Do you use antenna trackers for both your controller TX (controlling the plane) and a separate one for video?

I just want to get a 5km range on both, enough to fly around the local area a bit. Currently using 2.4ghz dx6i, and a 600mw 5.8ghz video transmitter, both using rubber duckies 2dbi i think, but range seems very limited (almost within sight).
gordonrp is offline Find More Posts by gordonrp
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:10 AM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
The antenna tracker I used on the video was driving an 8Dbi patch. It also has the capability to select an alternate video source (diversity) if the signal is better on that input. There was a yagi antenna on the receiver connected to that second input. The diversity system switched to the yagi at about 25km distance. I used the video transmitter adjusted for 1.16Ghz frequency.
I also had a 14dBi patch for the 2.4Ghz R/C transmitter. But that was mounted on the R/C transmitter. Aimed manually, I both had set a straight line course by having waypoints set on the OSD display. And also aimed the R/C antenna by watching the antenna tracker direction and RSSI signal value.
If your range is limited you have to use better antennas. I was able to fly up to 4.5km by using a patch antenna on the R/C transmitter and 800mW video transmitter. However keep in mind that 2.4Ghz signal can drop suddenly with no advice, and it could take several seconds to get signal back. Without a RTH system I don't think is good idea to test the limits of your R/C or video system.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:46 PM
Joined Apr 2010
42 Posts
Did you use low pass filter with the video tx?
(KNO3) is offline Find More Posts by (KNO3)
Old Jun 30, 2011, 09:04 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (KNO3) View Post
Did you use low pass filter with the video tx?
No, but I have the receiver 1 meter from the Video transmitter, and both are 50cm away from the rest of the electronics.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:03 PM
Oh so close!
Campbell River
Joined Jan 2010
702 Posts
Using the Argtek 1W booster with the 7DBi patch antenna I wasn't even able to get 2.5km on a ground test with clear LOS between the two points. I think I should try it without this 9db attenuator. Opinion seems to be split on if you need one or not. I cannot adjust the power output of my RC TX so I'm thinking of retrying the ground test again tomorrow without it.
clipper99 is offline Find More Posts by clipper99
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:30 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
I used FRsky. But the receiver was 50 cms away from the rest of the airplane electronics and 1 meter away from a 1.5W transmitter.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:44 PM
I do all my own crashes
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined Jan 2011
243 Posts
Nice work EL cheapo, I'm just now building up my 9x/FrSky system. Last night I put two WiFi antennas on the Rx side to try to increase range. I haven't got a chance to try it out though.

How is it that a 1W Amp is $45 but the 2W model is $200! Dang....
Wingnut13 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut13