HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:09 AM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,656 Posts
Oh ok. Darn. Is there another way to use an airtronics? I have heard its a bad idea to not boost even for short range(less than a mile)
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Koo's Avatar
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman View Post
Oh ok. Darn. Is there another way to use an airtronics? I have heard its a bad idea to not boost even for short range(less than a mile)
You could get a directional antenna that's compatible with airtronics. I don't know anything about that system so you need to find out if its possible to swap antennas etc.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
Registered User
Italia, Piemonte, Torino
Joined Jul 2009
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
Elcheapo rulez

Love our cumulonimbus
Neo360 is offline Find More Posts by Neo360
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,656 Posts
Ok. If i made a fpv antenna, would i be able to go back to normal without a big hastle?
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Koo's Avatar
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman View Post
Ok. If i made a fpv antenna, would i be able to go back to normal without a big hastle?
You mind telling us what model you have? Some airtronics radios have FHSS system which is good and might be able to use a booster.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:31 AM
Long Range Flyer
kolabuzlu's Avatar
Turkey, Sakarya, Erenler
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Hi. Greetings for this superb long range flight without any video glitch. You mentioned that u used "tweaked bazooka antenna" for video tx. What is that? What kind of an antenna and how did you tweak which antenna? Is somebody selling them?
Thank you for helping fpv world advance. Regards.
kolabuzlu is offline Find More Posts by kolabuzlu
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:57 AM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,264 Posts
Found today a valuable and surprisingly not advertised feature of the new V8FR II receiver, should be of much interest for long range flight: it has embedded 1.3GHz filter on antennas, for better rejection of video 2nd harmonic.
Info is from Frsky, so trusty.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:40 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,656 Posts
U guys think its possible to get a 5.8 ghz or 900mhz system with monitor and camera for under $150? I will be flying stock 2.4 full range rc tx. No OSD, i have mountains to the west for navigation.
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:07 PM
Registered User
Elcheapo's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolabuzlu View Post
Hi. Greetings for this superb long range flight without any video glitch. You mentioned that u used "tweaked bazooka antenna" for video tx. What is that? What kind of an antenna and how did you tweak which antenna? Is somebody selling them?
Thank you for helping fpv world advance. Regards.
Sorry, the correct term is sleeve dipole antenna. This is the default antenna that came with the vTx, but tweaked using an spectrum analyzer and tracking generator. So it does resonate on the frequency i use.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:16 PM
J.L
Registered User
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Found today a valuable and surprisingly not advertised feature of the new V8FR II receiver, should be of much interest for long range flight: it has embedded 1.3GHz filter on antennas, for better rejection of video 2nd harmonic.
Info is from Frsky, so trusty.
Renatoa, you reckon they have put this feature in D4R II and D6FR receiver too? I do not seem to have any video problems flying these receivers with 1.3ghz vtx and no filter..
J.L is offline Find More Posts by J.L
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:49 AM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman View Post
U guys think its possible to get a 5.8 ghz or 900mhz system with monitor and camera for under $150? I will be flying stock 2.4 full range rc tx. No OSD, i have mountains to the west for navigation.
$57 5.8GHz at GLB
$38 5" monitor 800x480 good image at GLB
$45 PZ0420 camera at securitycamera2000

Total... count yourself, surely under target
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:50 AM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlooi View Post
Renatoa, you reckon they have put this feature in D4R II and D6FR receiver too? I do not seem to have any video problems flying these receivers with 1.3ghz vtx and no filter..
Probably you have a good filtered Vtx.
Not aware about this feature in any D receiver.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
How much distance between esc and reciever is recomended? Would wraping the reciever into alu-tape help?
What is the reason on insistin on cheap fpv sets, and not lawmate or other supposevly quality gear? Did you do the SAW upgrade?

Thanks!
carlic is offline Find More Posts by carlic
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:02 PM
Registered User
United States, TX
Joined Oct 2009
432 Posts
Those are some great flights. I just went for the 1watt booster from rangevideo and a frsky module. I'm getting around 3.5 miles in the city before I failsafe.

I think that I'll build a patch antenna next...
nige838 is offline Find More Posts by nige838
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
What model booster did you use and where can I get one?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Data R/C 2.4Ghz pushed to 20km Elcheapo FPV Talk 32 May 16, 2011 10:12 PM
Discussion Exceed RC 6ch 2.4ghz TX with LCD monitor? leithalweapon Electric Heli Talk 1 Mar 15, 2011 12:55 PM
Discussion 2.4GHz Rc range test teopbako FPV Talk 17 Mar 09, 2011 03:08 PM
Sold New Futaba 7C 2.4GHz FASST RC Radio $320 w/free shipping stwaller12 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Mar 09, 2011 08:06 AM
Discussion Hitec 2.4GHz pushed back to Mid Sept./Late Oct. What's up Mike? Gyroguru Radios 0 Aug 25, 2009 02:17 PM