HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2003, 12:15 AM
Joined May 2003
218 Posts
First Annual F5B contest in Albuquerque Sept. 13, 14

Yes you should plan to attend the first annual F5B contest in New Mexico on Sept. 13 and 14! It will be held on our flying field at the Gardner Turf Sod Farm in McIntosh just 35 minutes East of Albuquerque. This will be a low-key contest similar to the one held in Denver earlier this year with 7 cell, 10 cell, and 24 cell events. We will fly the full distance segment followed by a 2-minute duration with typical landing points! The flying field is just over 6000 ft elevation and the air is FAST and the thermals suck the dirt right out from under your feet! A small entry fee will be charged before the contest and AMA cards are a must even though this contest is not sanctioned. Accommodations are in Moriarty a few miles away or Albuquerque 35 minute drive. Check the Albuquerque guys web site for maps and Moriarty hotel info (listed under the upcoming electric F5J challenge).

http://www.soarabq.org/f5j_wc_2003/f5j_main.htm

For more info contact David Sieger by email davesieger@earthlink.net See ya there!
davesieger is offline Find More Posts by davesieger
Last edited by davesieger; Aug 21, 2003 at 11:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2003, 01:04 PM
Joined May 2003
218 Posts
Hey everyone!
Well the time approaches for the first ASA F5B contest! I would like to have a pilots meeting Sat. morning 8:00 am and fly until 3:00. Sunday lets have the pilots meeting at 8:00 am and fly
until noon. We can throw out one round. Please come out and fly in this enjoyable event!

DS
Old Sep 05, 2003, 05:07 PM
Joined May 2003
218 Posts
Hey All!
Please send me an email "davesieger@earthlink.net" and let me know if you plan to attend, your frequency, and the class you plan to fly in! Thanks!
DS