HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 13, 2011, 08:51 AM
RC Student
Trapviper's Avatar
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
New Product
Hobbyking Sbach 342

Anyone seen this yet?? Looks like a pretty sweet plane for the money!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Product=15122#

Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 08:59 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I've seen this plane or one similar on the China sites for a few months but they required bulk orders and I didn't trust the places that sold singles. I've never had a problem with good ol' HobbyKing, so...

Order placed!
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 09:01 AM
RC Student
Trapviper's Avatar
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
No problem! I'm impressed by the hardware kit too.. Please let me know how it flies once you get it put together!! I'm in love with the looks but I only buy based on performance.. And durability.

Chas
Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 09:39 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
It does have some nice looking hardware in there. Pull-Pull rudder setup. Carbon fiber motor mount (they say Composite, looks like CF to me) and landing gear. I'll gladly be a guinea pig on this one.

I've already got the perfect motor and ESC for it. A Motrolfly 2215-1150 with their matching 30A ESC. 325 watts or so on this plane should be awesome! I'll probably go with HS65s in the tail and HS45s in the wings.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 09:40 AM
RC Student
Trapviper's Avatar
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Nice! Sounds like a sweet setup. I'm really curious how it performs.
Trapviper is offline Find More Posts by Trapviper
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 12:27 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Heh! They had +10 when I ordered mine earlier. They are showing 1 left now.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 01:41 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Nov 2007
167 Posts
Thats dissapointing, I got the ok to order it, and waited just a bit to long to pull the trigger.

HobbyKing is now -2 on it
k5beason is offline Find More Posts by k5beason
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 03:14 PM
Registered User
FD Pilot's Avatar
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Nov 2006
723 Posts
Slab tail surfaces?! - not interested. To bad, nice looking airplane. Opps, sorry, thought this was a 48" plane. Slab tail surfaces are OK for 40" and smaller
FD Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FD Pilot
Last edited by FD Pilot; May 13, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 03:44 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna say... it's only a 38"! Airfoils would be sweet though, especially for fast flight with that short tail. They sure went through that first batch fast. I can't wait to get my hands on it. The only other balsa electrics I have to compare it with are the 3DHS Edge 41 and Slick 42, and compared they will be!
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 03:51 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Lojik's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormdriverOne View Post
It does have some nice looking hardware in there. Pull-Pull rudder setup. Carbon fiber motor mount (they say Composite, looks like CF to me) and landing gear. I'll gladly be a guinea pig on this one.

I've already got the perfect motor and ESC for it. A Motrolfly 2215-1150 with their matching 30A ESC. 325 watts or so on this plane should be awesome! I'll probably go with HS65s in the tail and HS45s in the wings.
I'd say its a composite motor mount mate, you cant see and carbon grain on the thickness of the mount.

Overall looks good, Might consider getting one when they get some reviews, I'm the same as Trapviper and like to wait hehe
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Lojik's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormdriverOne View Post
Yeah, I was gonna say... it's only a 38"! Airfoils would be sweet though, especially for fast flight with that short tail. They sure went through that first batch fast. I can't wait to get my hands on it. The only other balsa electrics I have to compare it with are the 3DHS Edge 41 and Slick 42, and compared they will be!
I've got a 42 Slick, gonna be tough to beat it but would be highly interested in your comparison
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 03:54 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Oh I doubt it can hold a candle to the Slick. I'm more interested in how it compares to the Buck Huck, which is currently my favorite plane to fly so yeah, the competition is tough!

I can tell ya one thing. When it comes to support and spare parts, 3DHS wins.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Last edited by SD One.; May 13, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Lojik's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormdriverOne View Post
Oh I doubt it can hold a candle to the Slick. I'm more interested in how it compares to the Buck Huck, which is currently my favorite plane to fly so yeah, the competition is tough!
There are allot of planes out there that are awesome for the money, the Buck Huck is probably the best value for money I have seen in a LONG time, the Sbach even if you wait for the website to give you a discount is only $28 cheaper so its gonna be a close call

Anyway good luck with the build and keep us updated
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 06:50 AM
Ta-dah!
blakevan's Avatar
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
There are allot of planes out there that are awesome for the money, the Buck Huck is probably the best value for money I have seen in a LONG time, the Sbach even if you wait for the website to give you a discount is only $28 cheaper so its gonna be a close call

Anyway good luck with the build and keep us updated
Until you ship it to the US and then it is $23 more. If they stock in the US it might be about the same price but customer support isn't something HK is known for so the Buck Huck might still get the nod. Good looking plane and I bet it flies fine, looking forward to pics/vids.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 07:12 AM
London Ontario Canada
artlane's Avatar
London Ontario Canada
Joined Apr 2004
1,045 Posts
Just checked HK for this... Ha, they are now -9....
Damn, should have jumped sooner
Oh well, fly my profile foamie till it gets back in stock...
sBach by Gaston Boisenneaux of Sudbury Ont...
artlane is offline Find More Posts by artlane
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log 50cc Sbach 342 scratch build roger2525 Giant Scale Airplanes 34 Aug 17, 2014 08:09 PM
Discussion Sbach 342 Full fuse Free Plans bbjsw10 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 142 Apr 07, 2012 02:48 PM
Discussion Two Seat Sbach 342 james-bai Fuel Plane Talk 1 Jul 21, 2009 12:05 AM
Discussion Sbach 342 power system? 150grams BpPilot Indoor Pattern/F3P 5 Apr 11, 2009 08:06 PM