Factory receiver, I have tried a few times but cant work it out
darynxbcoupe is offline Find More Posts by darynxbcoupe
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2013, 06:36 AM
too old to 3d
United States, GA, Peachtree City
Joined Aug 2000
1,135 Posts
The reason I ask, I tried to bind my new Delta 8 to my 6J using the same procedure as the factory receiver, which by the way did not work. It might be worth trying to bind the factory receiver using the method of the Delta 8 receiver. Turn on transmitter, press and hold binding button on receiver, THEN turn on or add power to receiver.

Also, there is some chatter on RCGroups that people are having a hard time binding 2.4 near WiFi routers.
Scott C is offline Find More Posts by Scott C
Old Oct 15, 2013, 08:35 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
The reason I ask, I tried to bind my new Delta 8 to my 6J using the same procedure as the factory receiver, which by the way did not work. It might be worth trying to bind the factory receiver using the method of the Delta 8 receiver. Turn on transmitter, press and hold binding button on receiver, THEN turn on or add power to receiver.

Also, there is some chatter on RCGroups that people are having a hard time binding 2.4 near WiFi routers.
Yes, in an RF smog environment it might bind faster when relocating the transmitter; mine does the same at home and sometimes has taken say 30sec to bind and establish the link. And the FrSky receivers have the "opposite" bind procedure than original stuff, with frsky you have to power on the Tx, press the RX button and then power on the Rx itself.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Nov 09, 2013, 06:52 AM
Su-27's Rule!
Philippines, NCR, Pasig City
Joined Nov 2012
684 Posts
anybody with a 6j, do you have problems with elevator to flaperon mixing?
Su-33 is offline Find More Posts by Su-33
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A cheap way to measure Kv
Old Jan 21, 2014, 07:47 AM
Where's the swimming pool
Joined Jul 2011
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Yes, protocol wise, fhss is similar to sfhss. Fhss sends one packet every 9ms (ch1-4), sfhsss sends two packets together (first packet ch1-4, second packet ch5-8) every 9ms. Also sfhss has failsafe and brownout failsafe - where as fhss doesn't.

If your transmitter and receiver both support it, I see no reason why you would use fhss over sfhss. Latency is the same between them.

Si.
Sorry to dig up this post but I got one of these with my trex btf, and found it incredibly nice.

My question is regarding the spec'ced frame rate of 6.8 ms. From your post, to my uneducated eye it seems like your saying the frame rate is 9 and 2 packets are sent with the full 8 channels in total divided up amongst them.

Could I ask how you got these numbers?

I don't fully understand the implications, does this mean the latency is always 9ms assuming no packet loss?

Isn't that better than FASST or possibly FASSTEST?

I'm a simple heli guy, if this radio is that fast, I'll convert my flybar helis to this, from a dsmx setup, possibly even my FBL's via s-bus. Don't need nothing fancy. I only need 6 channels v bar and 3g mrs. Maybe 7 with a brain, but I can still find an 8j.

Or am I misguided somehow? Trying to understand why I should pay more for an 8fg or 14sg.
spykez is offline Find More Posts by spykez
Last edited by spykez; Jan 21, 2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: I'm a heli guy, for context.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:25 PM
Joined Apr 2014
4 Posts
Anybody know how to program GPS mode and Attitude mode for the 2pos channel 5 switch on the top left shoulder?
realdyl75 is offline Find More Posts by realdyl75
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:05 PM
Bangladesh, Dhaka Division, Dhaka
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
anybody can give me low price solution for rec. of futaba T6J?
zubayer_khan is offline Find More Posts by zubayer_khan
Old Jul 11, 2014, 05:58 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Jun 2012
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubayer_khan View Post
anybody can give me low price solution for rec. of futaba T6J?
http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...y-delta-8.html

But futaba recievers for this radio are not expensive.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXARNZ&P=0
vicrider is offline Find More Posts by vicrider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: scratch fpv pusher