HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2011, 04:27 PM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Just an Update; we have added the 120mm RCL EDF option to our listings along with package pricing on the battery sets
The complete listing is HERE

Max
hi, I am unable to access your site from here, thought you should know.
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2011, 04:43 PM
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troadus View Post
I have ordered my T-33 and waiting for it. I do have one question, Looking at the nose gear door the hinges are they spring loaded? If so did they come with the kit or not. I've been looking for hinges that are spring load to keep my gear doors open until they retract. Thank You for oyour time....

Leon
Hi Leon, like you I have one on order which is in transit at the moment and I was offered the gear doors as an option and are factory fitted, also airbrakes are available again factory fitted so If you have not optioned them on your order maybe you have time to do so before dispatch. cheers.
Old May 22, 2011, 07:38 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troadus View Post
I have ordered my T-33 and waiting for it. I do have one question, Looking at the nose gear door the hinges are they spring loaded? If so did they come with the kit or not. I've been looking for hinges that are spring load to keep my gear doors open until they retract. Thank You for oyour time....

Leon
Yes the gear door hinges are spring loaded and came with my kit. But I did order the gear door option when I placed the order.

Andy
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old May 22, 2011, 08:53 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker View Post
hi, I am unable to access your site from here, thought you should know.
Will email directly to assist your access

Max
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old May 23, 2011, 09:01 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
A little pre maiden video.

Pre maiden movie 1 (1 min 46 sec)
Old May 23, 2011, 09:37 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,778 Posts
DRUEL!!!!!!!!!!

jeleous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

cracked up at the running over of the camera!!!

get'r done andy! make sure she makes it to vegas!!!!!!!!!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old May 23, 2011, 09:50 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Today was also group photo day, A fleet photo and all the other planes wanted a picture with the new arrival

The Zippy 5800 mah batts came in the mail today. Looks like the 5800's are only 2 oz. heavier then the 5000 mah. Not bad for an extra 800 mah.
Last edited by falcon5; May 23, 2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:01 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
DRUEL!!!!!!!!!!

jeleous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

cracked up at the running over of the camera!!!

get'r done andy! make sure she makes it to vegas!!!!!!!!!
Brent,

I have a new radio now but I will bring my old Spectrum TX and have it set up on the Hawk. I would like to fly a loose formation with the Hawk and T-33. You take the T-33 and I the Hawk. Bet that would be cool.

Andy
Old May 23, 2011, 10:09 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,778 Posts
umm hells to the yes!!!!!

better buy more packs...cause i pretty much want to fly all those non stop! awsome fleet man!!!!!!!!

BTW...i have the turnigy nano tech 5000 4s and 6000 4s...the 6000's are only 3oz more...so in 12s config, its 9oz more....for 1000 more mah...that a entire extra min of flying, plus a little extra watts. im using them in my 27% CAP 232 right now on 8s, breaking them in for the kfir. youll have to fly the kfir and get some "heavy iron" edf time....12s, 4500-5000W....12.5 lbs...yeah...should go pretty good i recon!!!!!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old May 24, 2011, 12:50 AM
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Falcon, whatever you are doing for a job at the moment dump it and go straight to hollywood, they are waiting for you.your vids are the best I've seen,great stuff.
Oh and by the way the T-Bird looks the business also, nice work all round. Question please, do the 5800's fit the compartment ok? and do they affect the balance much?. Cheers.
Old May 24, 2011, 08:19 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Falcon, whatever you are doing for a job at the moment dump it and go straight to hollywood, they are waiting for you.your vids are the best I've seen,great stuff.
Oh and by the way the T-Bird looks the business also, nice work all round. Question please, do the 5800's fit the compartment ok? and do they affect the balance much?. Cheers.
Thanks,

The videos are fun to make, I downloaded a free video editing program online and have been playing with it the last few weeks, it's prety fun . The crashing sound and sirens is how that song actually ends. I got the idea to bump the camera with the nose wheel after hearing it. So I just matched the crashing sound to the camera bump in editing.

I haven't done final CG checks yet but I basically checked it and I think I am close, so should be OK.
Last edited by falcon5; May 24, 2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old May 24, 2011, 08:20 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
umm hells to the yes!!!!!

better buy more packs...cause i pretty much want to fly all those non stop! awsome fleet man!!!!!!!!

BTW...i have the turnigy nano tech 5000 4s and 6000 4s...the 6000's are only 3oz more...so in 12s config, its 9oz more....for 1000 more mah...that a entire extra min of flying, plus a little extra watts. im using them in my 27% CAP 232 right now on 8s, breaking them in for the kfir. youll have to fly the kfir and get some "heavy iron" edf time....12s, 4500-5000W....12.5 lbs...yeah...should go pretty good i recon!!!!!
Great info on the Turnigy packs, thanks. The Kfir looks SWEET!!!
Old May 26, 2011, 10:04 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
I started working on the bird Callie Graphics made for me for the bottom of the plane, and got the flaps and ailerons ready to go. Put it on the scale ready to fly less batteries and it came out to 7 3/4 lbs. Battery's came out to 2 3/4 pounds so looks like AUW will be around 10.5 pounds. I am also going to use some old Thunderbird decals I have to make the bottom of the horizontal stabilizer look just like the top.
Old May 27, 2011, 12:26 AM
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Thanks for posting the info, Rclander state that the auw rtf is 3.7kg( just over 8lbs) and apart from a larger battery pack I cannot see how you could have added any appreciable weight,a little 'artistic licence' on their part perhaps?.
Still it should not be a problem with the setup you have and I am looking forward to the first flights report.

Questions please, did your kit come with any y leads or extension leads? and are the airbrakes fitted with one reversed servo thus only needing a y lead to connect?
this information will help me get any of those little extras in to speed up my build Cheers
Old May 27, 2011, 08:23 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Questions please, did your kit come with any y leads or extension leads? and are the airbrakes fitted with one reversed servo thus only needing a y lead to connect?
this information will help me get any of those little extras in to speed up my build Cheers
I didn't order the speed brake option, I figured flaps should be enough for me. The options I orded the kit with didn't come with Y leads or extensions.