HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2011, 06:18 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Great looking plane there. I've heard great things about ParkRcModels. So how quick are they on their shipping? 1, 2 months like some others here? Or are they pretty quick?

Mine was 27 days from order to box on my door step. From China It gets sent to Parkrcmodels first, They look at it to make sure all is well and then send it out to you. It seemed RC Lander and Parkrcmodels shipped VERY fast..the mail system and customs is what seems to take the time.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Last edited by falcon5; May 13, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2011, 03:31 PM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Hey, Falcon thanks for starting this great thread, My T33 is being shipped the early part of next week and I have ordered with 'tout options' as the price of the extras is most reasonable and will contribute greatly to the overall look and performance of the plane.
Good choice on the gorgeous Stumax unit what size is it?, I have elected for the moment to try the new super high power 90mm unit from rcl on 10 x 5000mah cells which I think will do the job well, I can always change afterwards but I feel the 120 may be too heavy for the airframe and will cancel out most of the performance gain. I await your next instalment and hope it goes well for you.
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old May 14, 2011, 03:51 PM
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Mar 2011
224 Posts
Wow that video is awesome are you sure you dont work for a Hollywood studio !! Nice job
rush1 is offline Find More Posts by rush1
Old May 16, 2011, 02:57 PM
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
hey falcon, anything happening on your build?
Old May 16, 2011, 10:25 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Well I got a little more done today. First off I am doing a lousy job of a "build thread" as I just seem to be putting the plane together and not really documenting much along the way, sorry about that.

Anyhoo ,progress today I got her sitting on the gear and the wing is joined together and so are all the fuselage sections. I put a few of the decals on and they look great. I ordered a few decals from Callie Graphics I am going to put on the left and right side of the plane.
Last edited by falcon5; May 16, 2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old May 16, 2011, 11:09 PM
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Hi, that thing looks almost finished! tell me, how much time have you spent on the construction and have you come across any problems ie parts fit/quality etc?. and what is it about cats getting into photos, mine is a real poseur too.
Old May 16, 2011, 11:41 PM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker View Post
Hi, that thing looks almost finished! tell me, how much time have you spent on the construction and have you come across any problems ie parts fit/quality etc?. and what is it about cats getting into photos, mine is a real poseur too.
To this point it took me about one full days work. I am probably about an average builder so judge from there. I have the fan setup to do yet and a few little things but I would say another two full day's and i would have it ready to maiden.
Pretty good on parts fit. I fussed with the wing a little as the wing screws have to line up exactly, but not to bad. The tail section is VERY nice and it's all lined up for you, all you have to do is put it together, and it turned out very solid.

Yeah I have three cats running around, so when I take a pic one of them usualy wants in the shot.
Old May 16, 2011, 11:49 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
That thing looks REALLY cool!
Can't wait to get one for myself.
Keep up the good work; looking forward to some in flight pics and video!

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old May 17, 2011, 01:09 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
bad A andy!!!!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old May 17, 2011, 02:08 AM
Capt. Z
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Thanks Nut, I think those RC Lander boys have a winner here. I look forward to flying her.

I decided to fabricate the bird for the bottom. I think I can make it out of blue trim sheet
Old May 17, 2011, 05:13 AM
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Glad to hear its all going well, I must say it looks great in the T-Birds scheme and I am really looking forward to getting mine now, I am told it will be on the plane in the next couple of days. As I have not much work at present I will be able to do the build full time and as it has gone well for you I am really looking forward to it. My chosen colour scheme is below as,like you I want get some nice detail on there also the dayglo will help these tired old eyes with orientation. power initially will be the Lander 90mm unit for 10cells and a Turnigy 120HV ESC and 2 x 5cell 5000mah packs rated at 25c hopefully this will give a respectable performance and flight time, time will tell.If anyone out there has a info on the fullsize that I have posted below I am interested to hear from you. Falcon, thanks for the photos etc and I await your next posting, Cheers
Old May 17, 2011, 06:25 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Thanks Nut, I think those RC Lander boys have a winner here. I look forward to flying her.

I decided to fabricate the bird for the bottom. I think I can make it out of blue trim sheet
Get Callie's to do it. They do great work.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old May 17, 2011, 09:40 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2002
206 Posts
On this plane, how easy is it to remove the wing for transportation in the car and storage in the shop?
Zoomer-Ron is offline Find More Posts by Zoomer-Ron
Old May 17, 2011, 10:06 AM
Joined Apr 2008
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer-Ron View Post
On this plane, how easy is it to remove the wing for transportation in the car and storage in the shop?
Attached is the related photo of this purpose for your reference.

BRs,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Old May 17, 2011, 10:33 AM
Joined Jan 2010
752 Posts
very nice

that bird looks great falcon, in fact so good that it's worth losing your job over
FLYGUY24/7 is offline Find More Posts by FLYGUY24/7
Last edited by FLYGUY24/7; May 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM.