2,569 Posts
paypal waiting to sent for this board!
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 02:42 AM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,807 Posts
I wouldn't call the Quadrino board 'plug-n-play' but it CAN be... since we are all flying the same frame, it could be sent to you pre-programmed and you'd just plug it in and fly. This was from Tom.

I'd like to purchase the Advanced version of this card, can you pre-program the controller for me so I could replace my GU344?
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old May 19, 2011, 02:49 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Feb 2011
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
I wouldn't call the Quadrino board 'plug-n-play' but it CAN be... since we are all flying the same frame, it could be sent to you pre-programmed and you'd just plug it in and fly. This was from Tom.

I'd like to purchase the Advanced version of this card, can you pre-program the controller for me so I could replace my GU344?
Mine arrived "pre-programmed" with multiwii1.7. It flew but all values had to be reduced via the GUI for my taste. I think you're local to me if you need any help with settings.
chevota is offline Find More Posts by chevota
Old May 19, 2011, 06:04 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Where is the gui download?
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old May 19, 2011, 07:12 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,243 Posts
PM'ed for Paypal request, Ready to buy! (I know you are busy so whenever you can get to it)
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old May 19, 2011, 07:30 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,417 Posts
Here is the link for the GUI download. http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/so...se/#svn%2Ftags
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old May 19, 2011, 08:00 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
thank you!
Old May 19, 2011, 08:02 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,243 Posts
Can someone point to the "install instructions" for the software? I unzipped it and tried to run the exe but I get an error from Java Virtual Machine Launcher "could not find the main class. program will exit".

I made sure I have the latest Java updates.

Thanks
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old May 19, 2011, 01:58 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Question for those of you who have tested the Baro functionality on the Adv board. Did you have the board covered with a dome or container?
Indoors, Outdoors?
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old May 19, 2011, 07:40 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Question for those of you who have tested the Baro functionality on the Adv board. Did you have the board covered with a dome or container?
Indoors, Outdoors?
I'll let you know when I get mine
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old May 19, 2011, 08:12 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Indoors, Outdoors?
Ok I have a dome/ tupperware cover over mine. The baro does not hold it's height good at all. Fluctuates 5-6 ft. very erratic. So I drilled eight holds in the top to vent it more. Same thing did not make a difference and my cover has some space on the bottom so the board is not sealed really. I took the cover off once and made no difference.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old May 19, 2011, 08:20 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
Ok I have a dome/ tupperware cover over mine. The baro does not hold it's height good at all. Fluctuates 5-6 ft. very erratic. So I drilled eight holds in the top to vent it more. Same thing did not make a difference and my cover has some space on the bottom so the board is not sealed really. I took the cover off once and made no difference.
Actually that sounds about standard for the altitude holds on different controllers....1-2meters/3-6feet of variance. I saw some videos of the MK controller with altitude hold and it varied too...but not all that much. Of course those also will set you back thousand(s) of dollars.

I bought a 'basic' board and might add a BM085 baro later on, but for now I'm after more 'sports' type learning to fly. I've got a different $$$ controller for the 'fancier' stuff...which also varies with altitude hold.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2011, 08:22 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
I wonder just how sensitive the barometers are. It seems to be asking a lot of a device like that to be accurate to such a small degree, when what it is doing is measuring air pressure. How much more does air weigh within a 6 foot span?
Old May 19, 2011, 08:29 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
I wonder just how sensitive the barometers are. It seems to be asking a lot of a device like that to be accurate to such a small degree, when what it is doing is measuring air pressure. How much more does air weigh within a 6 foot span?
Good point...not much difference to be sure. GPS altitude is notorious for being even worse. Down low the normal altitude drift is probably more of a concern/annoyance. Up higher and you probably wouldn't even notice that amount of drift.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2011, 08:35 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Good point...not much difference to be sure. GPS altitude is notorious for being even worse. Down low the normal altitude drift is probably more of a concern/annoyance. Up higher and you probably wouldn't even notice that amount of drift.
I'm looking at it more for photography. The baro would be nice to have working better but I like the mag a lot for yaw hold. so combo of the auto level and the mag is good enough for me to have spent the extra on the full board. When they work out the software stuff then I'll just enable again.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967