Joined Nov 2005
926 Posts
That did the trick Thank's guys.
Chad2323 is online now Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Jul 27, 2011, 05:45 AM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,636 Posts
How do I load the new quadrino sketch? the file contains several .pde files. Which one do I use?
MorrisM is offline Find More Posts by MorrisM
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:02 AM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisM View Post
How do I load the new quadrino sketch? the file contains several .pde files. Which one do I use?
You can open any one of the files in the Arduino software, and the others will also open as tabs. When you upload, they will all be uploaded. That's what I understand from another post I read somewhere.
Moelich73 is offline Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,935 Posts
Quote:
I just open the one with the longest file name.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:23 PM
North Sweden
Joined Jun 2007
590 Posts
Thinking of getting one of theese boards ( the ADV version ) to try it out.

How does the Mag and Baro work on it ?

How well does it hold its heading and also how well does it hold height ?

Looked through the thread but couldnt see any or maybe i missed them..
cyberdog is offline Find More Posts by cyberdog
Old Jul 27, 2011, 03:23 PM
United States, MA, Marlboro
Joined Nov 2004
65 Posts
I tried baro hold and did not find that it worked well. The 1.7 software for baro is not quite ready for prime time. But it was fun to play with.

Mag hold seemed to work fine for me.

Joel
Joel Rosenzweig is offline Find More Posts by Joel Rosenzweig
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:01 PM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
599 Posts
Mag works ok but not great in 1.7, baro doesn't work well at all unless you are at 100+ feet altitude where you won't notice the +/- 6' accuracy that it currently has.

Version 1.8 is getting very close and the mag is supposed to be rock solid, there is actually a calibration routine you do through the GUI to get it right on. The baro is getting better but still not there yet, I'm not sure how much better it will be in 1.8.
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:09 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
Ok I downloaded and tried the DEV 725 with the 1.8 Gui. Mag is about as rock solid as you can get. Baro I tried today and about 30 ft. up I turned it on it dropped for a second they shot up a substantial ways and I turned it off out of fear it could keep going. (I tend to panic sometimes). Matt it's not just the 1.7. What Dev are you playing with in 1.7. I found DEV 714 the mag was rock solid. Much better than the Dev 710. I do think people should start posting screen shots of their settings though and thoughts of them so that we all can start playing more with out settings to see what works good. I did have some wobble coming down. Will work on it more. I'll Post the video as soon as I process.

seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Last edited by seadog1967; Jul 27, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:21 PM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestView View Post
You can open any one of the files in the Arduino software, and the others will also open as tabs. When you upload, they will all be uploaded. That's what I understand from another post I read somewhere.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed the tabs. I got it loaded.
MorrisM is offline Find More Posts by MorrisM
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:25 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I hadn't noticed the tabs. I got it loaded.

I did a step by step here if you want.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
Ok latest flight using the 1.8 Dev. 201100725. Mag works good baro still needs improvement. Didn't appear too much wobble from a distance but camera shows I think too much. Will have to work on the PID adjustments more. Overall though it seems to fly well. Part of the wobble could be what I believe is two bad motors. I have 4 new ones coming next week. Will see what happens after that. Video is unedited. I believe I turned the baro on about 5:44 it dropped a little then shot up. Not as fast as before but it did shoot up and I turned it off rather quickly. Props were balanced prior to flight. Using auto level mode and mag. Couple of false starts while I adjust some of the drift.
Quadrino DEV 725 test (7 min 29 sec)
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:25 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
Ok latest flight using the 1.8 Dev. 201100725. Mag works good baro still needs improvement. Didn't appear too much wobble from a distance but camera shows I think too much. Will have to work on the PID adjustments more. Overall though it seems to fly well. Part of the wobble could be what I believe is two bad motors. I have 4 new ones coming next week. Will see what happens after that. Video is unedited. I believe I turned the baro on about 5:44 it dropped a little then shot up. Not as fast as before but it did shoot up and I turned it off rather quickly. Props were balanced prior to flight. Using auto level mode and mag. Couple of false starts while I adjust some of the drift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9aN_umofE
Looks Good

where do u have the cam mounted & R U flying FPV???

tkx
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:35 PM
Nashville TN
Joined Jan 2011
220 Posts
The baro is still a work in process... The two new PID settings ALT / VEL will need to be adjusted to get your quad holding without rising or dropping. The general adjustment process is:
Quote:
posted by ziss_dm
GUI changes:
1) The baro currently displaying altitude above see level in meters.
2) The baro graph automatically scaled with range +-1 m, so you can see alt. variations quite preciselly
3) The Estimated altitude is displayed on top of baro graph, it uses the same scale as baro graph. So it is possible to see how baro data is smoothed.
4) The additional PIDs added to configuration area.

How it works:
Complimentary filter: Mixing data from baro and accelerometers, to get estimation of vertical speed and altitude.
Velocity PID: Uses estimated vertical speed and adjusts throttle to hold desired vertical speed.
Altitude PID: Uses estimated altitude and adjusts vertical speed (Output is feed to the Velocity PID)

Setup procedure:
1) Set Vel. and Alt. PID values to the zero
2) Start increasing Vel. D. You should start feeling that quick throttle stick movements are dampened. Increase until really fast osculations starts in response on quick throttle stick movement. Than drop a little bit. My current value: 30
3) Start increasing Vel. P. Throttle response should be softer and softer and quad should start holding altitude. The tricki part here, that CF using baro data for vertical speed and it is fluctuating, but you can roughly assest amount from GUI. The good values for Vel. PID should give you the following behavior: After flicking switch the quad should stop and slowly drift.
4) Start increasing Alt. P. The quad should stabilize around set point. Increase until it start oscilating, the value could be really high: I have 20
5) Start increasing Alt. I. The stabilization should become more precise.
6) experiment..
You can find the altitude holding discussion here
BrokenRotor is offline Find More Posts by BrokenRotor
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
Thanks. Wish I was flying FPV. Hope to be before fall. I have the gopro mounted on a plate that Vic20 makes with a lip http://www.hoverthings.com/catalog/p...products_id=43

I have it mounted facing forward. At first I had it mounted low.

But during this filming I have it mounted on the top not bottom of plate hence the props showing a little. I had her real steady using DEV 710 but mag wasn't that great. Now on this version mag is awesome but I have to again tweak my settings.