HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:58 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
multiwii in general

I know the xrotor BT adapter work,,,,, I know that they made to make the Android MultiWii Configuration application has defined settings for this one.

every Serial Bluetooth Module is different, so it takes some time playing with to get working correct.y
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:19 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
hi all...
am now the owner of a witespy quad...I am happy..!!

need to know some pointers on tweeking it..it wont stay in a "rock" steady hover..
wanders a bit ..
throttle is one notch low or one notch high...Im using a Futaba 9C...

any tips from you flyers on what to start with..?

tkx
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:31 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJoe View Post
hi all...
am now the owner of a witespy quad...I am happy..!!

need to know some pointers on tweeking it..it wont stay in a "rock" steady hover..
wanders a bit ..
throttle is one notch low or one notch high...Im using a Futaba 9C...

any tips from you flyers on what to start with..?

tkx
Have you tried a throttle curve for more control around midpoint.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:53 PM
Joined Jun 2007
63 Posts
I've updated my dimensions image with 45x45 which should be close now (or?). Still unsure about the outer diameter..

Jodde73: Congrats to your successful flights! I'm also in Stockholm and will be building a Quadrino soon

Cheers
andver is offline Find More Posts by andver
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:04 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
th curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
Have you tried a throttle curve for more control around midpoint.
how do I do that ??

in the software ??

tkx
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Jul 14, 2011, 07:25 PM
Canadian Flyer, when warm
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2008
95 Posts
I have discovered the cause of MultiWiiConf for cashing on my comps or at least on the laptop. It appears it doesn't like AMD/ATI HD mobile 42xx series cards or more likely their drivers (newest drivers and newest Java. Everything updated). I don't have a workaround for it but perhaps it is job for Alex or one of the others in the code. But I may have the same on my Nvidia/win xp comp as well so it could be generic video memory space as a guess.

I have win 7 and tried every type of O/S emulation and all other tweaking I can find trying to isolate the issue including turning off some other devices hoping to cause enough loading change in memory that it would not clobber that memory space. Sometime in a distant past win7 update I think, is when this problem began. It also appeared on my other comp that is using an Nvidia card and under Win XP although less often and ma not be exact same reason but I think it was also after a windows update but less sure of that because I use that comp less.
It acts like it is the content of the window Multiwiiconf is running (it just goes grey but remains open.) However Data still seems to be flowing to the program. So it appears it is still running and just the video has crashed. The rest of my desktop is uneffected.

Here is the first part of the Error message. I can send the complete one to anyone that asks.
===========
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0921a1c8, pid=6020, tid=5196
#
# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x42a1c8]
===============
I have re-installed just about everything and updated everything involved. Things like the latest Java and video drivers etc. So everything including win7 is fully up to date. I can't think of anything I've missed. Any help appreciated. Earlier I posted to Paul a page back with symptoms regarding how long before crashing out. Anywhere from 5 sec to 5 min and I lose the content in the window although data appears to be still flowing
Terrynator is offline Find More Posts by Terrynator
Last edited by Terrynator; Jul 14, 2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:42 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
@andver

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:48 AM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
618 Posts
Here's my Witespy quad, complete with obligatory white spy installed. Now where's that black spy gone to??
Moelich73 is online now Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:05 AM
Joined Feb 2011
198 Posts
Good to know there are some multirotor-flyers around stockholm.
where do you fly mostly?

been thinking about a quadrino myself, but I've got one kk, one complete multiwii (/w jussis shield) and two pipo's - but only one frame, so I think priority is getting another frame working

Quote:
Originally Posted by andver View Post
Jodde73: Congrats to your successful flights! I'm also in Stockholm and will be building a Quadrino soon
jerano is offline Find More Posts by jerano
Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:55 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJoe View Post
how do I do that ??

in the software ??

tkx
On the tx itself. Will need a computer type that supports it. Basically its expo on the throttle channel around the midpoint if that makes sense.

Advanced Settings / fine tuning once you can fly:

Throttle curve mix
Remember from above that this is used to control the speed of the props and the intention here is:
- enable hover point of tri to be approximately the center point of the throttle stick.
- enable widest possible stick movement to control the ascent / descent of the tri (at least half of the stick movement). Makes the Tri easier to control
- enable the gyros to have enough additional power for corrections - even if the pilot is applying full throttle available to him

This is how to set it up.... (this is for the more common 5 point curve):
- first point - leave at zero.
- third (mid) point - set the value to that which it takes to hover the Tri
- last point - leave at 100% (TBC)
- 2nd and 4th points should now be about 10% under and over the third point.

Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Jul 15, 2011, 07:53 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
On the tx itself. Will need a computer type that supports it. Basically its expo on the throttle channel around the midpoint if that makes sense.

Advanced Settings / fine tuning once you can fly:

Throttle curve mix
Remember from above that this is used to control the speed of the props and the intention here is:
- enable hover point of tri to be approximately the center point of the throttle stick.
- enable widest possible stick movement to control the ascent / descent of the tri (at least half of the stick movement). Makes the Tri easier to control
- enable the gyros to have enough additional power for corrections - even if the pilot is applying full throttle available to him

This is how to set it up.... (this is for the more common 5 point curve):
- first point - leave at zero.
- third (mid) point - set the value to that which it takes to hover the Tri
- last point - leave at 100% (TBC)
- 2nd and 4th points should now be about 10% under and over the third point.

So does this mean that it is okay to use the Tx in heli mode (contrary to what Witespy recommends)? Because throttle curves are only available on the Tx in heli mode, right?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 07:57 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
618 Posts
I just read something interesting here:

Specifically this part:
If you need to trim the yaw like mad then you probably messed up the midrc while trying to achieve the 1000 - 2000 range in the GUI (first set the midrc at 1500, then adjust EPA)

How do you set the midrc to 1500? Apparently normal trims should not be used to trim out the quad, but are subtrims ok to use permanently for a quad? Because I just tested using subtrims to get all the channels to center on 1500, and this fixed my quad from drifting sideways as well as yaw drifting.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:25 AM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerano View Post
Good to know there are some multirotor-flyers around stockholm.
where do you fly mostly?

been thinking about a quadrino myself, but I've got one kk, one complete multiwii (/w jussis shield) and two pipo's - but only one frame, so I think priority is getting another frame working
I fly everywhere But mostly testflying at Årstafältet eller vid Hellas.
I got a broken MK AIO clone, KK blue korea, 2 x HK KK and the quadrino.
I will probably never fly the KK's again after trying MWC.

My problem now is the kernel panics the GUI is giving my MBP after the latest java update.
Jodde73 is offline Find More Posts by Jodde73
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:33 AM
Bricks don't glide !
Joined Mar 2008
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestView View Post
...are subtrims ok to use permanently for a quad?
Subtrims are used to set the 1500 mid-points. Remember to rebind your Tx if you use Spextrum.

The normal trims can be used to compensate for drift during flight mode.

Good luck, now take it outside and fly the &#$@ out of it
KayCee_V4 is offline Find More Posts by KayCee_V4
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:41 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCee_V4 View Post
Subtrims are used to set the 1500 mid-points. Remember to rebind your Tx if you use Spextrum.

The normal trims can be used to compensate for drift during flight mode.

Good luck, now take it outside and fly the &#$@ out of it
Ah another member from the land of sunshine and wild animals Are you perhaps in PE? Do you have a quad? If not why not!?
Edit: I see you're very active on the quad forums.

I use a JR DSX7, do I still need to rebind after using subtrims? First time I've heard of needing a rebind after setting subtrims.
Last edited by Moelich73; Jul 15, 2011 at 08:51 AM.