Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:07 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Not going to let it happen!
You should start checking in your area, what is going on?
Sorry this is unrelated with the Quadrino Board. But I do fly with it

So far Colorado has no concerns in UAV/RC drones. I have been flying on a public school property after school hours the last 3 years and not one complaint from locals nor police stop to talk to us. I have set up my ground station a few times and curious people ask what it is and I tell them I am a video pilot and I am flying an airplane via video, and I explain them why... because I like flying this way, it makes me feel I am actually in the air, it is easier to capture videos of my friends flying their RC airplane in the sky or chasin my buddies down a hill on a longboard, or just get aerial nature shots out of the sky. I am not spying on anyone, not dropping a bomb, or mounting guns on my aircraft.
I show people what I am doing and they seem to enjoy it and keeping good respect with everyone.

EDIT: one of my classmates dad, who is a fireman for the city was playing with his dog on the other side of the field and I had flown over him a few times and he was looking at it like it was pretty cool but when I set a heading and went about a half a mile out and he was like what the hell where did that thing go, and I kept coming back right over him and then gone again. I came back later for a landing and he seemed concerned so I walked up to him and explained what I was doing. He didn't understand how it could go so far but I told him I have long range signal and he was just amazed.
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
Last edited by Airplanekid333; Jan 31, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:01 AM
I make quad pieces.
United States, WA
Joined Apr 2012
146 Posts
Howdy everyone. Haven't posted here in awhile, but still following the thread. I had to show off my new addition. I am going to use this as my primary training platform. Had to come up with something to tolerate all the liquid sunshine we get here in the Great Northwest!! It turned out better than I expected, and flies really well.
EBen63060 is offline Find More Posts by EBen63060
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:10 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
Yo, Earl.
Does it float?
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:59 AM
Loves Burn of Hot Glue
Ventucky, Ca.
Joined Dec 2010
142 Posts
Quote:
Pictures?
Boom!!
I did just pull the roll servo out as it was junk . . . new one on the way.
Danub is offline Find More Posts by Danub
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:06 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
is that the next level y6?
where did you get the land gear and gimbal?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:05 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Question, since I've been mostly flying my NAZA lately I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the quadrino side of things. I notice now that there is a GPS module and am thinking about picking one up, since the price is pretty reasonable.

How good are they? Has anyone flown with one a lot?

I think my board is a revision D - is it ok on this version?
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:14 PM
Loves Burn of Hot Glue
Ventucky, Ca.
Joined Dec 2010
142 Posts
Quote:
is that the next level y6?
where did you get the land gear and gimbal?
Next level plates W/ depot towel bars and a X468 gimbal/landing gear.
A bit of what's layin' around
I am going to look into a new gimbal. . . Maybe one of the direct drive brushless designs.
Danub is offline Find More Posts by Danub
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:52 PM
I make quad pieces.
United States, WA
Joined Apr 2012
146 Posts
It is supposed to float. I will take it to the lake this weekend. Now I am going to need a boat to fetch it, if it were to flip in the water.

Quote:
Yo, Earl.
Does it float?
EBen63060 is offline Find More Posts by EBen63060
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:55 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
Question, since I've been mostly flying my NAZA lately I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the quadrino side of things. I notice now that there is a GPS module and am thinking about picking one up, since the price is pretty reasonable.

How good are they? Has anyone flown with one a lot?

I think my board is a revision D - is it ok on this version?
I've not finished setting mine up beyond trying to see if it got a lock which it did fine.

I have some in stock here in Canada if you are looking for one.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:32 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
I've not finished setting mine up beyond trying to see if it got a lock which it did fine.

I have some in stock here in Canada if you are looking for one.
Hey Mark, what's shipping cost for GPS by regular parcel?
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:06 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Hey Mark, what's shipping cost for GPS by regular parcel?
AC
It's probably around $10-12 to Quebec I would guess. Pop me an email and I can get you an exact quote if you like.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:26 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,761 Posts
Hello,
I have just finished my QAV500 build with the newest Quadrino Zoom board. Colin sent me some good PID's and everything is pretty good. I have a few final questions:
1)He mentioned the board had to be covered with foam? Does the foam have to be touching it, or can I make a wood box around the controller? If I can make a box, can it touch the controller or will this cause interference to the gyro's?

2)How do you connect the VIN bat to get battery monitoring? It says directly to the battery, so I am thinking splice off the end pos wire of the balance connector of the battery?

3)When you set up POS Hold mode, do you need to have Stabilzation also active or will they fight each other?

4)Will this buzzer work with the board? If not can I get a link to one I can plug in.

Thank you in advance for the help.
Mark
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:09 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogrc View Post
Hello,

1)He mentioned the board had to be covered with foam? Does the foam have to be touching it, or can I make a wood box around the controller? If I can make a box, can it touch the controller or will this cause interference to the gyro's?
I'm assuming he means just over the barometer, which is in the middle on mine.
Vertikar is offline Find More Posts by Vertikar
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
I searched in this thread for "status". I believe the way I understand it is, if you have a flashing yellow status light, the board is not level? I recently had a crash where I broke a couple props and the battery strap. I took the frame apart to reattach a battery strap, put on all new props. Took it out in the front yard to try a hover. It did seem a little unstable, then all of the sudden I heard beeping, and lowered the quad to see that the status light was also blinking yellow. So somehow the board lost its level? Is the correct?
Nitrojunkee is offline Find More Posts by Nitrojunkee
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:17 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
Try reflashing it.