4,423 Posts
Sorry R1311!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:39 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Jul 2012
67 Posts
No problem with the bluetooth, I just read somewhere that the bluetooth is more reliable at a slower baud-rate. So I thought I should do some tinkering. Its to cold here to fly outside, and I am getting board in the house.
Thanks
Shawn
shawn1979 is offline Find More Posts by shawn1979
Last edited by shawn1979; Jan 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:14 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,423 Posts
Trreat it like the gui and you will be fine.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:45 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Jul 2012
67 Posts
Like I said I've been board and have had to much time to think the last couple of days. I have a new question that I am trying to formulate in my head.

In the arduino sketch there is a deadband for stick center I think. I swear I have seen it before, but for the life of me I can't find it again.

Now if I understand the basics of the quad controller in order to get a good hover, 1 thing you do not want is any stick input.

So lets say that when I release my elevator stick it could zero out anywhere from 1505 uS to 1495 uS at center position. So I add a deadband of +- 10 so that the quadrino will think I am at center position between 1510 uS and 1490 uS, result no input into the flight algorithm and the quad should hover.

Now lets say that when I trim out my quad in acro mode I have to add 5 clicks to my elevator trim in the + direction. If that adds 10 uS to my center position I am now sitting between 1515 uS and 1505 uS in my center position. I in a sense I just trimmed my self out of the dead band. I am thinking that dead band is very import and maybe should be increased, but I can't find it.

Like I said I am board waiting for the Falcons, Seahawks game.
I think this is probably 1 important step to getting a good hover, not the only by any means but just another part.

What do you all think?
Shawn
shawn1979 is offline Find More Posts by shawn1979
Last edited by shawn1979; Jan 13, 2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:38 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,423 Posts
Quadrino & MultiWii 101

FlyingEinstein will be hosting a webex class each Sunday @ 3PM EST for an introduction to wiring the Quadrino and initial installation and configuration of the MultiWii Configuration software. This is a group discussion and a Question and Answer period will follow and asking questions during the webex is also encouraged. If you are having difficulties with setting up the Quadrino this is your chance to get your questions answered and your quad flying.

This class is offered through Cisco WebEx and supports up to 25 attendees at a time. To join the meeting goto flyingeinstein.webex.com between 2:45 PM and 3:00PM EST. The meeting will open at 2:45PM but will not begin until 3PM.

Password is always "quad"

Go to flyingeinstein.webex.com

Webex is a Cisco product for online group meetings and presentations. If you haven't already done so, your browser will prompt you to install the webex browser plugin. There is no spam, spyware or adware in the Cisco webex product. Cisco is the leading supplier of computer network related products.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:59 AM
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Doc, I had not flown it with the gps filtering turned on. At your suggestion I did so yesterday. There was not a lot of difference from the first test flight but I do think that overall it did hold position better. I did a video with the filtering turned on and its uploading now....
Jerry

"Also did you find the 5 element filtering worked better, when on?"
TennesseePilot is offline Find More Posts by TennesseePilot
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:44 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,423 Posts
It seemed that way for me too.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:50 PM
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
Webex is open now, we usually start when there are enough people logged in.
guru_florida is offline Find More Posts by guru_florida
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:08 AM
United States, CA, Manhattan Beach
Joined Mar 2006
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1979 View Post
No problem with the bluetooth, I just read somewhere that the bluetooth is more reliable at a slower baud-rate.
I think you may have seen that on the FlyingEinstein's config Wizard tool.

I saw that suggestion there, and so dutifully dropped the serial comm baud to 57k, down from the default 115k.

Bad idea.

Dropping the baud gained me nothing; and messed me up a bunch. For example, I could no longer use the MultiWiiConf_2_1 GUI because it currently doesn't allow for a lower baud rate.

I think the serial baud rate might have been an issue at one time. Now, I wouldn't bother fiddling with it, unless you actually have a problem.

Re your 'dead band' question, you probably saw that on the FE Wizard tool, as well. But to me, the comments in the MultiWii code base suggest the 'dead band' is likely yet another of the many archaic specialty parameters that most people don't need to bother with ... especially if your Quadrino and/or RC transmitter is setup with any significant amount of "EXPO". Since "EXPO" dampens the effect of stick motion near the center of the range, the higher the EXPO, the less important the 'dead band' parameter becomes.

Probably. Maybe. Sort of. :-)
markj99 is offline Find More Posts by markj99
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:27 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1979 View Post
No problem with the bluetooth, I just read somewhere that the bluetooth is more reliable at a slower baud-rate. So I thought I should do some tinkering. Its to cold here to fly outside, and I am getting board in the house.
Thanks
Shawn
I use a bluetooth that I got from Witespy's web site and did not change anything and it hooks right up and works great.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Last edited by jsflyrv; Jan 14, 2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:31 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,423 Posts
Making progress today!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:31 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,423 Posts
Once it settled down it held a tighter circle!
Altitude hold was the one I had problems with.
Easy fix!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:35 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,423 Posts
If you ACC or Level is off a little the GPS doesn't work well!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:41 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
717 Posts
Setting up a HT Flip FPV frame with Quadrino + Quadrino GPS. Using 4s for motors, so I have disabled the bec on all the ESCs. Will use a small 3s pack for camera and 5.8 transmitter. Am using the CC 10amp BEC to power the FC and GPS. Where do I plug the servo connector from the CC BEC into ?
cquian is offline Find More Posts by cquian
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:07 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,423 Posts
RX battery channel