SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:48 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysanchez View Post
Hi, I just installed my quadrino v1e , calibrated etc. My question is how do you engage the alt hold ?
Does your throtle stick needs to be in the mid position , stable hover before you engage ? What happens when you engage it but later you move the throtle stick up or down , do you have to re-engage to work again ?

Nothing really happens when I engage it either way , hover or just vertical climb. Config tool shows it engaging but during the flight or even during stable hover when it's on it seems to stay in one spot for 15 seconds and then it starts slowly dropping down. Is there any way to test it to make sure that baro sensor is not faulty .
Thanks
Yes, pm me your email and I will set up a Webex to see what is going on.
Need you to be able to connect your quad to the computer. That way I can see what is going on!
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Thanks Doctor.. , pm sent.

As far as getting the sensor wet , I did read about it so I was extra careful not to touch it or get it wet plus the board is in the protective dome. But there is no foam or any type of sticker on it as far as I can see.
Thanks for all the help.
dirtysanchez is offline Find More Posts by dirtysanchez
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
Your going to need the foam!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:18 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_florida View Post
Hi Crash,

However, try the new firmware config program instead, much easier to use:
Download Firmware Config Tool

I havent published it to the flyingeinstein.com site yet, but it works.

Colin
Hi Colin, how can I get the #define mincommand 1000 down to 900 using the config tool? It always wants to default back to 1000 which well not let my Tunigy Plush 30Amp ESC start the motors. I change and flash and it is still 1000, am I missing a way to save?
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Your going to need the foam!
Could someone forward me a picture on how it looks like with the foam attached or gauze. do I glue it and cover the sides as well or just the top ? thanks
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:43 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
There is a picture of mine on my blog!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
There is a picture of mine on my blog!
I looked throught them all and i can't find it . I see bunch of them with the gps attached but I can't see anything on the baro on these.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:48 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Hi Colin, how can I get the #define mincommand 1000 down to 900 using the config tool? It always wants to default back to 1000 which well not let my Tunigy Plush 30Amp ESC start the motors. I change and flash and it is still 1000, am I missing a way to save?
I solved my own problem as to why I could not get my motors to run after flashing with the Quadrino config tool, They would show armed in the GUI but would only beep, tried all the tricks to get them to run but had no luck. It was a simple fix and most of you probably already know it. I had flashed the Turnigy Plush 30amp ESCs in Arduino sketch and used Arduinos ESC calibrate program to calibrate without having to take the quad apart. Not having read the fine print I guess, the Arduino calibrates to whatever is set in the sketch mincommand, in my case it was 900 and the Quadrino config tool defaults to mincommand 1000 so my motors would not start. Went back to Arduino and calibrated ESCs to 1000, went to config tool and flashed now all is good. My Quadrino sat is picking up at least 9 sats setting in my office and using multiwin GUI map feature it show the quad right over the top of my office. :-)
Last edited by jsflyrv; Nov 30, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:06 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysanchez View Post
I looked throught them all and i can't find it . I see bunch of them with the gps attached but I can't see anything on the baro on these.
I lay the big piece under the top plates. This way the board is covered well.
Some just put a small piece and put a samll velcro strap around the board!

Yo, are you off from work?
I am up.
Jerry got his working perfect, now he just has to get time to use it.
Here I am at 3:24 am pissed trying everything I know. trying different firmwares.
back tracking.
Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! $%@^&*#$%@^ freaken S%^@$ Mama beat me again!
See you not the only ones that get upset and frustrated. My brain won't let me let it go!
Crap crap crap! You guys know what I mean! Fudge fudge!
LOL!
Now I am depressed! Hell not depressed!
Every once in a while stuff happens! I won't stop until I or the Guru figures it out.
Well I will get to stop as soon as it's replacement gets here!
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Nov 30, 2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:39 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,364 Posts
It's like Christmas Lights!

Screwed it on, soldered the pins, re-flashed with the new coolio software and it all works! That's awesomeness right there!
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:44 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
good to see GPS units here finally.
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:20 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Screwed it on, soldered the pins, re-flashed with the new coolio software and it all works! That's awesomeness right there!
Looks good
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:37 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Looks good
Thanks!

Now a question for Doc or Guru (or anyone with the FE GPS)

How much current does the GPS add to the whole draw? I notice the one ESC I am using to power the board is getting pretty warm while just doing set-up changes in the Config program.

Are you powering with one of the ESC's or direct to Vin?

Thanks
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:40 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
1A should power everything with about 1/4 amp left over!
Problem may be the bec fades power as it gets hotter.
Most of the switched ones do that.
I use a 3A to 6A bec.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:33 PM
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
The GPS will take about 45mA when it finds satellites and has a lock. When it is searching (you get the animating laser light pattern) it will take as much as 100mA. It takes more during the search because it turns it's internal signal AMPs way up in search mode. It's like, how much energy do you spend looking for your kids when you can't find them, as opposed to when they are orbiting somewhere around you.

The LEDs and atmel chip also add a lot of power too, probably about 100mA on average. So total, sitting on the desk searching, it could take as much as 200mA.

The GPS unit itself will get pretty warm if sitting on the desk not finding satellites. I noticed that too, tops out at about 40degC. It cools down once it locks on but both the GPS chip and the LED current resistors add some heat. Thus I don't conformal coat the GPS units. The conformal coat would lessen the heat dissipation ability and probably burn off after time and look bad anyway.

btw: 40degC is not at all hot for circuits. My video card runs at 96degC, most circuits start breaking down around 165degC if kept constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Thanks!

Now a question for Doc or Guru (or anyone with the FE GPS)

How much current does the GPS add to the whole draw? I notice the one ESC I am using to power the board is getting pretty warm while just doing set-up changes in the Config program.

Are you powering with one of the ESC's or direct to Vin?

Thanks
guru_florida is offline Find More Posts by guru_florida