SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:01 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
Nice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:28 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
I know tom has someone is Canada, that keeps a frame in stock or two. but not parts...I think...

The Quadrino GPS is in my hands now if anyone with a Quadrino, would like to add GPS .

I will try to shoot a video of the LEDs, they are very cool. They indicate how many satellites you have.

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:53 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,347 Posts
I keep frames and some parts in stock in Canada as well as quadrinos. Hopefully have the GPS as well when Colin is here in town next week.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:57 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
I have a GPS.
Huston, we have GPS lock?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
Quadrino & MultiWii 101

FlyingEinstein will be hosting a webex class each Sunday @ 3PM EST for an introduction to wiring the Quadrino and initial installation and configuration of the MultiWii Configuration software. This is a group discussion and a Question and Answer period will follow and asking questions during the webex is also encouraged. If you are having difficulties with setting up the Quadrino this is your chance to get your questions answered and your quad flying.

This class is offered through Cisco WebEx and supports up to 50 attendees at a time. To join the meeting goto flyingeinstein.webex.com between 2:45 PM and 3:00PM EST. The meeting will open at 2:45PM but will not begin until 3PM.

Password is always "quad"

Go to flyingeinstein.webex.com

Webex is a Cisco product for online group meetings and presentations. If you haven't already done so, your browser will prompt you to install the webex browser plugin. There is no spam, spyware or adware in the Cisco webex product. Cisco is the leading supplier of computer network related products.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
I know tom has someone is Canada, that keeps a frame in stock or two. but not parts...I think...
Yup, that's flitelab. I'll be seeing him in a week or so and bringing some GPS candy with me.

See you guys on the webex in 40 minutes.
guru_florida is offline Find More Posts by guru_florida
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:23 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
GPS candy, sounds yummy!
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Nov 25, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Jul 2012
67 Posts
The new config program looks nice, has anyone used it?
shawn1979 is offline Find More Posts by shawn1979
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I'm flying a smaller size quad using the latest Quadrino Zoom FC (including the latest barometer). I'm getting a bit of a yoyo effect +/- 3 meters or so. Can you guys suggest what settings I should adjust and in what direction to try and get the altitude locked in?

Thanks in advance

J
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:15 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
ACC should be on before you engage it!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
ACC is definitely on. I only engage the barro hold when the copter is stable in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
ACC should be on before you engage it!
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:22 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,732 Posts
Just do some research here:
Anybody know what's the difference (apart from plastic or metal lid) between the MS5611-01BA01 and the MS5611-01BA03 barometers?
=================================================
Description: The MS5611-01BA is a new generation of high resolution altimeter sensors from MEAS Switzerland with SPI and IC bus interface. It is optimized for altimeters and variometers with an altitude resolution of 10 cm. The sensor module includes a high linearity pressure sensor and an ultra low power 24 bit ΔΣ ADC with internal factory calibrated coefficients. It provides a precise digital 24 Bit pressure and temperature value and different operation modes that allow the user to optimize for conversion speed and current consumption. A high resolution temperature output allows the implementation of an altimeter/thermometer function without any additional sensor. The MS5611-01BA can be interfaced to virtually any microcontroller. The communication protocol is simple, without the need of programming internal registers in the device. Small dimensions of only 5.0 mm x 3.0 mm and a height of only 1.0 mm allow for integration in mobile devices. This new sensor module generation is based on leading MEMS technology and latest benefits from MEAS Switzerland proven experience and know-how in high volume manufacturing of altimeter modules, which have been widely used for over a decade. The sensing principle employed leads to very low hysteresis and high stability of both pressure and temperature signal.

Features:
High resolution module, 10cm
Low power, 1 μA (standby < 0.15 μA)
Integrated digital pressure sensor (24 bit ΔΣ ADC)
IC and SPI interface up to 20 MHz
No external components (Internal oscillator).

NOTE: For new designs, it is recommended to use the improved performance metal-cap version of this part, the MS5611-01BA03

Description: The MS5611-01BA is a new generation of high resolution altimeter sensors from MEAS Switzerland with SPI and IC bus interface. It is optimized for altimeters and variometers with an altitude resolution of 10 cm. The sensor module includes a high linearity pressure sensor and an ultra low power 24 bit ΔΣ ADC with internal factory calibrated coefficients. It provides a precise digital 24 Bit pressure and temperature value and different operation modes that allow the user to optimize for conversion speed and current consumption. A high resolution temperature output allows the implementation of an altimeter/thermometer function without any additional sensor. The MS5611-01BA can be interfaced to virtually any microcontroller. The communication protocol is simple, without the need of programming internal registers in the device. Small dimensions of only 5.0 mm x 3.0 mm and a height of only 1.0 mm allow for integration in mobile devices. This new sensor module generation is based on leading MEMS technology and latest benefits from MEAS Switzerland proven experience and know-how in high volume manufacturing of altimeter modules, which have been widely used for over a decade. The sensing principle employed leads to very low hysteresis and high stability of both pressure and temperature signal.

Features:

High resolution module, 10cm
Low power, 1 μA (standby < 0.15 μA)
Integrated digital pressure sensor (24 bit ΔΣ ADC)
IC and SPI interface up to 20 MHz
No external components (Internal oscillator)

So Quadrino's owner with MS5611-01BA03 baro will be happy with it! This is Colin's comment:
MS5611 Barometer

On some boards sent out to developers a MS5611 baro was mounted on the board. Until March 2012 I could only get samples of the MS5611, 21 to be exact so the chances of having a V1D board with MS5611 are rare. Use the two image below to determine if you have a BMP085 or MS5611 barometer.

Download MultiWii V2.0 for Quadrino Zoom "Rev 1D" with MS5611

http://flyingeinstein.com/index.php/...uadrino-rev-1e

And another surprise what i've found out on mine: REV1E with......MS5611-01BA03 barometer?! Don't know which firmware to load now....

AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Last edited by Alwayscrash; Nov 26, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:57 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Anybody know what's the difference (apart from plastic or metal lid) between the MS5611-01BA01 and the MS5611-01BA03 barometers?
=================================================

AC
Go to flyingeinstein.com web site and it will tell you which one to load.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:02 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Go to flyingeinstein.com web site and it will tell you which one to load.
Already do what you said but there's only firm for REV1D, mine was REV1E... with MS5611.There's a bunch of firmware on there, don't know which one.
thanks
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
Hi Crash,

There is no working difference between the metal and plastic cap one. But I can tell you the metal one is a much easier to reflow solder! My first experience soldering the plastic ones is the plastic would separate from the chip substrate. Probably that is why the manufacturer switched.

They use the same firmware. So you're looking for the standard V1E firmware. However, try the new firmware config program instead, much easier to use:
Download Firmware Config Tool

I havent published it to the flyingeinstein.com site yet, but it works.

Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
guru_florida is offline Find More Posts by guru_florida