HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:31 PM
I make quad pieces.
United States, WA
Joined Apr 2012
149 Posts
The LED's for signal strength is an incredible idea!!! Kudos to Colin for the ingenious idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
20HZ girls and boys.
It is possible to get 12 sats.
Which means you will beable to hold position more positive lock.
Plus you won't have to do the Naza GPS dance!
EBen63060 is offline Find More Posts by EBen63060
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:59 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBen63060 View Post
The LED's for signal strength is an incredible idea!!! Kudos to Colin for the ingenious idea!!!
True, for sure.
I thought it was going to be more of a pain to do what he did,
But I have to bow to the man again, His talent is something that we should all admire.
Where it would have taken me a day two days to figure out how to route the RF signal thru the board with out cause a RF issure, such as IF and others.
I just have to say freaking awesome.
It adds to my idea that I am sticking with the right board.
Also guys I would like to mention that, I have watched this board come to life from thoughts.
He is also an awesome programmer too.
I know that as of what I seen him do.
Quadrino is the only way to go when it comes to Multi-wii.
There is no other place for me to look!

Thank you Colin, for giving me a chance to collabrate with you and other future projects.
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Quote:

Thank you Colin, for giving me a chance to collabrate with you and other future projects.
yup, i tip my hat to Colin too. It has been awesome so far being apart of this group.
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:43 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,849 Posts
Just ordered the Quadrino board from RCDude.com
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:41 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,470 Posts
DJI Spyder quad Upgrade kit.
2217/950kv 8" gemfams
30amp esc
Quadrino 1D / MS5611
4S 2650mah
GoPro jello and prop view test! (6 min 48 sec)
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:59 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
True, for sure.
I thought it was going to be more of a pain to do what he did,
But I have to bow to the man again, His talent is something that we should all admire.
Where it would have taken me a day two days to figure out how to route the RF signal thru the board with out cause a RF issure, such as IF and others.
I just have to say freaking awesome.
It adds to my idea that I am sticking with the right board.
Also guys I would like to mention that, I have watched this board come to life from thoughts.
He is also an awesome programmer too.
I know that as of what I seen him do.
Quadrino is the only way to go when it comes to Multi-wii.
There is no other place for me to look!

And the fact that he takes the time to host a webex for his customers to come in a freely talk about issues they are having. That is service you will find no where.

But to you too Doc for always willing to stay on after and help out. Your an asset to his brand. I hope to help this community as much as you have. I will stay Quadrino because of the support that is offered.

NOW LETS GET OSD!!!! haha saw that chat going on.. lol
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
Another question – The barometer on the current board does not work for altitude hold. Is this something which can be incorporated into the new GPS module to be more precise? And what about “headfree” mode – Use the GPS instead of the magnometer?
CraigVMN is offline Find More Posts by CraigVMN
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:30 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
My baro works. I have baro, mag,acc and gps activated for rth
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:00 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigVMN View Post
Another question – The barometer on the current board does not work for altitude hold. Is this something which can be incorporated into the new GPS module to be more precise? And what about “headfree” mode – Use the GPS instead of the magnometer?
CraigVMN:
Both baro's work but you have to turn them on in the sketch.
Head free works really good for some. I don't like it. because I like to fly my quad.
As you see in the video I posted. I can hold alttitude pretty damm good with no Baro activated. I started out flying with a Quadrino basic board and it forced me to learn to fly.
But I am no stranger to RC flying either.
But if I can do it so can all of you!
Your ideas have been talked about and over and over. But really one or two could happen in the future.
I urge you to stick around.
If your having issues.
Yesterday we dicussed having a middle of the week Webex type meeting.
If anyone is interested, please speak up. Disscussion are good and we talk about everything related to RC.
Thanks guys the kind words!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:02 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,824 Posts
Quote:
DJI Spyder quad Upgrade kit.
2217/950kv 8" gemfams
30amp esc
Quadrino 1D / MS5611
4S 2650mah
http://youtu.be/IJykLB4mlgU
DiaLFonZo-Copter - DJI SpyderQuad Upgrade..
Very nice video.. thanks
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
The baro does work. The issue with it really is two fold: baros are not really accurate to more or less a foot or so. Add in things like inertia of the quad, wind, and your control inputs and it's going to rise and fall in about a 2.5 foot window. On top of the accuracy part you also have a delay in reading the sensor itself. Baros can only take a measurement every so often (about 1 time a second or so). That one second is an eternity compared to other sensors and your ESC, motors and props.

If you are after rock solid alt hold then sonar is supposed to be a better option at lower altitudes. I have not tried it myself but there are a bunch of videos showing it working.

I don't have any first hand experience with the GPS but I would think that as long as you have a 3d fix and enough sats to have an accurate 3d fix (two different things) you could also alt hold. But I think GPS would do a position hold so you can't really just pick out the altitude and use that data.

That might be a Guru question. Especially if everybody is chomping at the bit for the quadrino GPS module.....
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialfonzo View Post
dialfonzo-copter - dji spyderquad upgrade..
very nice video.. Thanks
rock solid
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:31 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown93 View Post
The baro does work. The issue with it really is two fold: baros are not really accurate to more or less a foot or so. Add in things like inertia of the quad, wind, and your control inputs and it's going to rise and fall in about a 2.5 foot window. On top of the accuracy part you also have a delay in reading the sensor itself. Baros can only take a measurement every so often (about 1 time a second or so). That one second is an eternity compared to other sensors and your ESC, motors and props.

If you are after rock solid alt hold then sonar is supposed to be a better option at lower altitudes. I have not tried it myself but there are a bunch of videos showing it working.

I don't have any first hand experience with the GPS but I would think that as long as you have a 3d fix and enough sats to have an accurate 3d fix (two different things) you could also alt hold. But I think GPS would do a position hold so you can't really just pick out the altitude and use that data.

That might be a Guru question. Especially if everybody is chomping at the bit for the quadrino GPS module.....
GPS is going to be no more accurate, if anything less so. GPS is typically only within a few meters at best. Sonar is good at very low levels but doesn't work well over grass, bushes, etc, better on hard surface. NAZA has pretty solid altitude hold and it uses baro only for it, I think it is more a matter of improving the multwii baro code for better results.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
TBH, I’m not really interested in having a GPS unit, like DA says, I’m more interested in actually flying my quad. Just curious if some of these features might be incorporated/enhanced in the GPS.
CraigVMN is offline Find More Posts by CraigVMN
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:27 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,470 Posts
Quote:
TBH, I’m not really interested in having a GPS unit, like DA says, I’m more interested in actually flying my quad. Just curious if some of these features might be incorporated/enhanced in the GPS.
Craig, when it comes to FPV.
That is where the GPS for me comes in handy.
I could loose video, flip a switch and have it get a lot closer than it was.
Have you tryed to see a 650mm multi-rotor at plus 800 feet! Nearly impossible!

So for me as long as when I turn my quad on and i don't have the do a rain dance.
By moving and turning around all over the place I will be very happy.
Becuase I just need it to beable to bring it with in a 100 feet for los!
As for the chip (5611) it is a little better than the old chip. But maybe you need to see how well the GPS and alttitude hold works when tunned very well.

Below is videos that will show you how well it works.

mwc quad // alt hold test with r33 fw (1 min 40 sec)

mwc quad // gps test with r33 fw (8 min 40 sec)