HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Sounds exactly like my problem, even the board dates and the number of crashes are the same...... Guru will take care of you Fly.
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Thats great to hear! Was really gettin into flyin it when this began to happen. Wasnt sure what was going on. Be glad to get it goin again!
Flyitall. is offline Find More Posts by Flyitall.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Same here, I had gotten about 15 flights in and was finally happy with the set-up and had it flying rock solid when I began to have the same problem. Get in touch with wither Guru or DocAudio and they will let you know what steps to take to get it fixed.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
I contacted Guru and he got right back to me, gave him my boards# and will send it to him. Great guy, great service! Something hard to find these days.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:09 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Here you go!
Also Colin said, that he will change out all of the chips on the rev 1E boards.
If the customer wants to change it out.
I have the 1E board with the suspect crystal. The board is dated 3-2012
Question.. I purchased the board from Witespy... Is that Guru? Colin? Who do I return it to?
BeerGoggles is offline Find More Posts by BeerGoggles
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:40 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGoggles View Post
I have the 1E board with the suspect crystal. The board is dated 3-2012
Question.. I purchased the board from Witespy... Is that Guru? Colin? Who do I return it to?
Beer Goggles, yes Colin is who you want to send the board back too. You need to contact him thru a pm and he well response soon after.
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Guys, cant say enough about Colin. Not only did I get fast responses, but even an aplolgy for my inconvienence. WOW! Great to deal with some one with integrity. I thought I was probably skeerewed and just had a quad for parts after the board failed. Board is on the way to him now, cant wait to get it flyin again.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:11 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,375 Posts
Well guys , I hope your day went well.

I am almost done with my redone Stryker. Marine epoxy finished hardning.
My Dominator Wing is also almost done. Have to epoxy the battery area.
Thye spider got 4 more flights on her today.
I don't know what it is but it does feel different in the sir. Turns sharper, spins quicker.
It seems quciker in the fast forward flight.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -

I noticed in the gui today that the icon for the quad has an error.
The rear two motors have the props going in the wrong direction.they turn away from the quad.
If you have used this don't anymore.
It is totally wrong. I set my quad up that way and it would not behave. Plus the Yaw was totally uncontrollable.
I quickly put it back like it should be.
Have a good one it is cool outside and no wind time for some lights action no camera!
LOL!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,375 Posts
B ready for Webex tomorrow.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Can you post link and info?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:35 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,375 Posts
FlyingEinstein will be hosting a webex class each Sunday @ 3PM EST for an introduction to wiring the Quadrino and initial installation and configuration of the MultiWii Configuration software. This is a group discussion and a Question and Answer period will follow and asking questions during the webex is also encouraged. If you are having difficulties with setting up the Quadrino this is your chance to get your questions answered and your quad flying.

This class is offered through Cisco WebEx and supports up to 50 attendees at a time. To join the meeting goto flyingeinstein.webex.com between 2:45 PM and 3:00PM EST. The meeting will open at 2:45PM but will not begin until 3PM.

Password is always "quad"

Go to flyingeinstein.webex.com

Webex is a Cisco product for online group meetings and presentations. If you haven't already done so, your browser will prompt you to install the webex browser plugin. There is no spam, spyware or adware in the Cisco webex product. Cisco is the leading supplier of computer network related products.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
Hey everyone, webex is on today at 3PM EDT (New York time). I have a neat show and tell today that would be very interesting to those interested in Octos...but neat in any respect.

Also: As everyone has probably already heard I had to put a recall on V1E units out there due to the bad crystals and a safety concern. We'll be talking about that on the call as well.
guru_florida is offline Find More Posts by guru_florida
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
Also, I upgraded the webex account so I can take 25 people now. I initially read I could support 48 or so, but last week I found out my account only supported 8 when some people said they couldnt get in. I guess the advert had some fine print, they hook you in with the wording.

edit: I just found out it may take some time for the servers to register my upgraded account. So they may allow more than 8, and they may not...I guess we will find out.
guru_florida is offline Find More Posts by guru_florida
Last edited by guru_florida; Jul 29, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Jan 2009
43 Posts
webex

Guru,

did you record the WebEx? Please post a link. It is hard for me to make them at that time on Sundays and I am crying cause I am missing them. Also, I have a 1E board. It is the second one you sent me. Does it need the RMA? Can you explain a little what the issue is?

Thanks,

Jamie
Jamie Dumanski is offline Find More Posts by Jamie Dumanski
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:58 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,375 Posts
Hello Jamie D.
I am helping Guru out.
There is a recall of all V1E boards with a certain date check a couple pages back and you will find the info.
I a day or so , there will be a form to fill-out so you board can be verified to see if needs to be sent back.
The crystal is failing. It is a batch issue, so he is replacing the boards that this crystal was put on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Dumanski View Post
Guru,

did you record the WebEx? Please post a link. It is hard for me to make them at that time on Sundays and I am crying cause I am missing them. Also, I have a 1E board. It is the second one you sent me. Does it need the RMA? Can you explain a little what the issue is?

Thanks,

Jamie