HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
I dont think I got any paper with the board. I purchased mine from Whitspy on ebay and it arrived on july 3rd so I guess it depends on how many boards he had in stock. I think I remember seeing a barcode on the bottom of the board or something. Ill check when I get home.
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:13 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperp View Post
decided to have some fun with my micro after work today what ya guys think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHOJo...e_gdata_player
Looks good now.
What is the pids you came up with?
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,204 Posts
P setting Pitch/roll 3.5, alt 4.0, I is 0, and didn't mess with the D setting if I remember correctly its around 25 or so.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:42 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
You should dial up the rates on MW Config for flips. I'm using like .7 (MW 2.0 - to the right of the PIDs for roll/pitch). It will be faster so you don't lose as much altitude. .7 is moderately fast, it gets way faster. Way fun.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:49 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsabo View Post
There was an issue with rev 1E boards and the crystal (soldering problem). What's the date on your board?
Ok just checked and the date is 02-2012
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
mine is 04-2012
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,204 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343089604.084915.jpg
Views: 55
Size: 147.3 KB
Description:
DOH!! I was outside doing flips and my son runs out so while standing in the backyard I fly it over the col-du-sac in the back and do another flip... Forgetting I activated the stabilization mode when my son ran out. The FC didn't like me pushing it upside down in stabilized mode and she went in hard. Luckily the only thing damaged was two CF arms, there easy to replace just need to cut them to size and re-glue them back onto the main plate. I'll be flying again tomorrow.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:42 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,367 Posts
I sent a board to him and it only took 7 days. Priority mail.
He is going to send it back using quickly.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:48 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsabo View Post
The date on mine was 04-2012 and I got it from witespy, who quickly swapped it out. The replacement board is dated 03-2012 I believe, and has had no problems (just updated it to MultiWii 2.1, too).
I see a pattern here, mine was also 04-2012 as well. The fixed board should be here any time now...
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:14 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,367 Posts
Yep, I am starting to see a pattern too!
I will let him know in the morning! But it's not one until we see more dates!
Atown has something going on. It seems like almost the same problem!
Maybe he is off a month, not sure be he will get you guys striaghtened out.
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Jul 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
United States, WA, Mercer Island
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
I've upgraded my quadrino zoom firmware to MultiWii 2.0. I went to try the "carefree" mode today thinking I understood it. Apparently I don't! I would really appreciate a simple explanation of how the controls work in this mode...

My understanding was that it could be used when I lose orientation. So I sent the quad out a little ways and then turned it sideways to me and pulled the cyclic down, but it didn't come back toward me as I thought it would...
dihnen is offline Find More Posts by dihnen
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Doc, I must have written the address you gave me incorrectly. The message bounced back to me. I included you on the email as well in case that happened. Can you please forward the message to Colin?

thanks
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:44 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,367 Posts
Yes, I got it.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dihnen View Post
I've upgraded my quadrino zoom firmware to MultiWii 2.0. I went to try the "carefree" mode today thinking I understood it. Apparently I don't! I would really appreciate a simple explanation of how the controls work in this mode...

My understanding was that it could be used when I lose orientation. So I sent the quad out a little ways and then turned it sideways to me and pulled the cyclic down, but it didn't come back toward me as I thought it would...
I think you need to also have the MAG active when using Headfree, though I am not totally certain.

It also matters that when you plug in your quad to power that it is facing away from you because it initializes and calibrates itself at that time, it matters.

You should then be able to pull back on cyclic and have it come back toward you no matter the orientation.

As for using this as a bail-out for when you lose orientation, you can try to have it do that and it might work. But if you are losing orientation, I would suggest more practice. There is no substitute for stick time, ever.

Some seem to think that quads are easier to fly than helicopters and maybe they are a little (as they are fixed pitch) but you need to have mastered all orientations and fly confidently. The best thing I have found when I lose orientation is to trust my gut feeling and just tap a little in that direction to verify. I think it is easier to lose orientation on a quad than a heli (until you start flying inverted on the helicopters). Make sure you have some sort of lights or colored tape (I use really bright orange tape and colored props) to aid you in knowing the front from back and maybe even the side(s). Some have come up with more creative ways to help orientation, like a ping pong ball on a flexible tube fitted between the from arms in an arc, like you have.

One more tip: try to keep the quad in a non-flat attitude. Don't be afraid to bank it up! I lose orientation easily when flying in ACC. Manual mode lets you bank it more and keep it at an attitude that allows you to actually see it so it doesn't get lost in its own silhouette.

Personally I see little use for headfree. It is neat for sure, but it will only serve to unlearn or prevent you from learning how to really fly RC.

PM me, we should meet up sometime.

Good luck.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Last edited by egaus; Jul 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:01 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
So, I am totally confused on my ESC programming and calibration. Here is a video of me doing the same calibration procedure to the same ESC with two different responses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3J1S...ature=youtu.be

Calibration:
1) power on my Rx and Tx
2) throttle to full position
3) 12V power to the ESC
4) wait for melody/beep
5) throttle to min position
6) wait for confirmation melody/beep

When I get to step 6, I get one beep sometimes and 2 beeps other times, and it alternates. Not sure what that is indicating. Also, If I wait after step 4 it starts going into a whole set of beeps starting with 1 short beep, 3 times, then 2 short beeps 3 times, and so on. I don't know if this is entering programming mode or what. I'm just really frustrated and confused because I can't find any info on these ESC's and on top of that, I have another set of 4 ESC's that I ordered at the same time as backups and they look and behave totally different. I have asked Tom at Hoverthings whats up and he has not given me a good explanation.

I'm really wondering if this is related to my loss of power issue because after flying again today, it feels like a timing issue. When I give it full throttle, sometimes it "catches" and takes off, other times it struggles and eventually catches.

Even if its not the cause of my problem, its still really annoying not knowing how these things work.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez