HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:07 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,486 Posts
Here is witespy's setup videos have you seen this?

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/abo...nto-demo-store
Also I have used a Heli modes on mine.
Just set it up a single servo and no mixing.
It does work and well. Just remember most radios have it so that each modes trim is different.

Hope that helps you!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Thanks DrAudio! I have viewed the vids and read just about all I can asorb on this Quad from the various links around. Its gotta be something simple! Im gonna run the values up on the throttle atten. and try again. MAN!! I just occurred to me as I was typing this I forgot to write the first changes to the board after I made them, what a DA! Gonna give it a shot as soon as a local storm clears.
On the subject of the heli program, I think after it flies to suit me Im gonna move it there. This is all on the way to FPV, and a docile quad is what I am after. This will allow me to set up a throttle curve that is flat(sloped) in the middle which will be perfect for FPV not being so sensitive in the area it is operated most. My Futaba txs support 3 curves, I havent really looked at the Dx6i should be that many also. I can put my aux on the gyro switch(same as gear). I think I will be able to mix(activate) auto mode with the specialized flat throttle curve, as well as have it on the 5th channel switch for use with a normal linear throttle curve. This should allow operation in acro/normal curve, auto/normal curve, and FPV-auto/flattened curve. Sounds perfect for what I want to do! Now to re-enter and WRITE those values!
Flyitall. is offline Find More Posts by Flyitall.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Hello guys, The meet and greet was pretty cool.
I got some good footage, I think.
But I flew both my rev 1C and 1D today on the 2.1 works prefect didn't get to play with the anything else but. It was a realy fun couple of flights.
Soon as I land everyone comes over and say stuff like.
What did you do to the Naza to get it to do those things?

I answer them with no naza can do it the way I want, it is QuadRino.
Man, I have not prefected that darn blade stop auto!
It got me again. Paused a little to darn long.
10 attempts and 6 of them ends with lots of damage.
This time I just broke the props.

Check this out guys and girls.

Stay tune.
HEHEHE!
See if you guys know this guy.
The little quad in his hand a DialFonzo deisgn.
wow thats amazing,,, nice skills,,

can you share the settings were used in this flight session,,,

i cant get the quad to flip this fast ,,,
p25o1 is offline Find More Posts by p25o1
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:50 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,486 Posts
Your welcome:
I am asking you this, what does you quad do, for you to be playing with the throttle att?
I think maybe, you could teach me that one?
I never use it. So if I am missing out then inform, PLz?

Okay, the idea about the flat throttle cuve may not be a good one.
As you climb the air gets thinner. I think if you do that you will sunk like a rock.
But if the wind is blowing it will climb up faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyitall. View Post
Thanks DrAudio! I have viewed the vids and read just about all I can asorb on this Quad from the various links around. Its gotta be something simple! Im gonna run the values up on the throttle atten. and try again. MAN!! I just occurred to me as I was typing this I forgot to write the first changes to the board after I made them, what a DA! Gonna give it a shot as soon as a local storm clears.
On the subject of the heli program, I think after it flies to suit me Im gonna move it there. This is all on the way to FPV, and a docile quad is what I am after. This will allow me to set up a throttle curve that is flat(sloped) in the middle which will be perfect for FPV not being so sensitive in the area it is operated most. My Futaba txs support 3 curves, I havent really looked at the Dx6i should be that many also. I can put my aux on the gyro switch(same as gear). I think I will be able to mix(activate) auto mode with the specialized flat throttle curve, as well as have it on the 5th channel switch for use with a normal linear throttle curve. This should allow operation in acro/normal curve, auto/normal curve, and FPV-auto/flattened curve. Sounds perfect for what I want to do! Now to re-enter and WRITE those values!
First of all, thank you for watching!
No Problem, just remember no quad is the same it just closer.
DJI F450 Comb kit, 4S 2450 batts should be 4S 2200 for 6mis of heart pound 3D.
8" GemFan props last night was the first time I broke a prop, in flight.

But this setup does get up and boggie.

I will be moving the same setup to my new Spider-Quad tomorrow.
I think it is a little stiffer. The DJI does flex some not much in flight.
But, I can see it when I am flipping.
If that don't help then I am going to get some 4S1600's
And maybe a stick frame. Becuase In the last video you see I flipped it at my feet. I want to beable to do that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
wow thats amazing,,, nice skills,,

can you share the settings were used in this flight session,,,

i cant get the quad to flip this fast ,,,
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Aug 2011
98 Posts
thx Doc ,, ill give it a flip lool and rekit ;-)
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Dr.A, Just got done with a quick hop between showers and the throttle response is MUCH better(less severe). Some where in the bazillions of threads I read(could never find it again) some one mentioned Th Att. I entered a .75 value and wrote it this time. I need to go higher, but this feature seems to be lessening the throttle the ESCs get verus stick movement. The throttle has been behaving like a flight channel having -expo(Jr or positiveFutaba) its actually responding more than what the stick is doing. Maybe I should be going at this another way but this seems to be working.
On the flattened curve. Its slopped between point 2-3-4 not flat. It makes the throttle less sensitive around both sides of mid stick(or more if needed) where you would be hovering or flying more slowly, from 4-5 it climbs from 75-100% allowing high power when nec. When I train a student on a heli I set the curve like this to aid in learing hovering and gradually work it out to a normal curve. I just looked at the Dx6 manual and I will be able to work this out, but on two switches. I may move to my old 9C Futaba, so many options there.
Flyitall. is offline Find More Posts by Flyitall.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
thx Doc ,, ill give it a flip lool and rekit ;-)
The last word means a lot. Just be carefull! Ease into it.
was
REKIT
Walk slowly when coming to the Dark Side.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:42 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyitall. View Post
Dr.A, Just got done with a quick hop between showers and the throttle response is MUCH better(less severe). Some where in the bazillions of threads I read(could never find it again) some one mentioned Th Att. I entered a .75 value and wrote it this time. I need to go higher, but this feature seems to be lessening the throttle the ESCs get verus stick movement. The throttle has been behaving like a flight channel having -expo(Jr or positiveFutaba) its actually responding more than what the stick is doing. Maybe I should be going at this another way but this seems to be working.
On the flattened curve. Its slopped between point 2-3-4 not flat. It makes the throttle less sensitive around both sides of mid stick(or more if needed) where you would be hovering or flying more slowly, from 4-5 it climbs from 75-100% allowing high power when nec. When I train a student on a heli I set the curve like this to aid in learing hovering and gradually work it out to a normal curve. I just looked at the Dx6 manual and I will be able to work this out, but on two switches. I may move to my old 9C Futaba, so many options there.
Check you PM.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2010
22 Posts
Tx bars missing from GUI after software upgrade

Thanks to all for the kind help... but no success so far.
I used the Guru's def and conf files with the 2_1 firmware but still have no radio bars.
I also tried this 2_1 link from flyingeinstein:
http://www.flyingeinstein.com/firmwa...noZoom-V1E.zip
it did not work either. I checked java and have latest version...
here are the screen shots from 2_1 and 2_0 firmwares with the appropiate GUI.

How do I reset the Quadrini Zoom EPROM? Is that what's causing this?
BeerGoggles is offline Find More Posts by BeerGoggles
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Thanks! Very much appreciated.

The QUADRINO_ZOOM worked fine, and the QUADRINO_ZOOM_MS was throwing the errors. Surprisingly, the default PIDs may need no or little adjustment on my HT-FPV frame. I enabled the mag and baro and it held very nice during a test. Wow! So far, a very nice firmware upgrade.

Regards,
John

Quote:
The address is different on some of the boards.
So you try to load it and find out it come up with an I2C errors.
Switch the address and it works, with out the I2C errors.
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,486 Posts
Holy crap look at that list of com ports.
What the heck are you doing?
Wow.

Anyway man, I think you may have another issues with all those active com ports showing.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:34 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Holy crap look at that list of com ports.
What the heck are you doing?
Wow.

Anyway man, I think you may have another issues with all those active com ports showing.
that just what i was going to ask what are all the com ports from?
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:47 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,486 Posts
Okay BeerGoggles:
I am having the same issue.
Try check which board you picked in Arduino 1.0
You may have selected the wrong board and you should also be getting the Arv dude file error.
I am so close to figuiring it out.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:35 AM
Joined Aug 2011
98 Posts
after tuning the settings,,,

now i can flip with quadrino !!!!

quad acro session!! (1 min 38 sec)

its alloooooottttt of fun ,, only limited by the battery :-(((((

PS: i'll confess something later after you see the video lool ;-)
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:08 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,486 Posts
Not to shabby there for the first time.