HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
index.ino is not in there. but i just now found the config.h tab, i loaded what it described as source code multiwii 2.0 (that's now exactly how it was named...) and after that loaded i stretched out the program window so more tabs showed up, so now back to the editing...
rking1960 is offline Find More Posts by rking1960
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2zzyQ View Post
Guys, any ideas on my problem? I don't want Quadrino to have no intelligence
When you changed the sketches, did you make sure all the setting where correct? Ie the Quadrino board was defined. It should be correct on his site, but never hurts to check. Also did you calibrated the acc and mag? After that you have to write to the board.

If is still show nothing could be a bad gyro, but I think they are all tested before sent out, but its possible.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:50 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rking1960 View Post
index.ino is not in there. but i just now found the config.h tab, i loaded what it described as source code multiwii 2.0 (that's now exactly how it was named...) and after that loaded i stretched out the program window so more tabs showed up, so now back to the editing...
Sorry the file extension ends in .ino. its called multiwii20.ino I think, just telling off memory. So sorry if not exact.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
When you changed the sketches, did you make sure all the setting where correct? Ie the Quadrino board was defined. It should be correct on his site, but never hurts to check. Also did you calibrated the acc and mag? After that you have to write to the board.

If is still show nothing could be a bad gyro, but I think they are all tested before sent out, but its possible.
Yeah, I checked all the #define's in the sketch (config.h and def.h). I tried to calibrate the acc, but nothing changes. Probably because the values are already calibrated (i have 0,0,255 in the UI).
I also think it is bad gyro, but I have same for acc, mag and baro as well.
2zzyQ is offline Find More Posts by 2zzyQ
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
I may have the same problem as 2zzyq now. the sensors aren't reading and the I20 (or whatever it was) center on top of graph is showing almost 4000 errors (changing number when "start"ed) I just edited the config.h and changed that to 900 for throttle and uploaded successfully it said, now nothing works.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
I may have the same problem as 2zzyq now. the sensors aren't reading and the I20 (or whatever it was) center on top of graph is showing almost 4000 errors (changing number when "start"ed) I just edited the config.h and changed that to 900 for throttle and uploaded successfully it said, now nothing works.
Do you mean you got same by changing min throttle setting? Does it work again if you change the setting back?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:25 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Did you make sure you have the correct version fw for your board? The 2.0 for V1E?

Honestly i would start over with the flash, once you flash it you have to recalibrate everything.

Just follow the intructions here Flashing then configure.

I have not run into these issues on my two boards, but im guessing the sketch may not have loaded correctly.

After you flash then reopen the multiwii config, and hit start, read, cal mag, cal acc, then write, then stop.. then hit start again. Thats what i do just to make sure the setting have changed and been saved to the board.
Last edited by Killab; Jun 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Did you make sure you have the correct version fw for your board? The 2.0 for V1E?

Honestly i would start over with the flash, once you flash it you have to recalibrate everything.

Just follow the intructions here Flashing then configure.

I have not run into these issues on my two boards, but im guessing the sketch may not have loaded correctly.

After you flash then reopen the multiwii config, and hit start, read, cal mag, cal acc, then write, then stop.. then hit start again. Thats what i do just to make sure the setting have changed and been saved to the board.
If it is for me, then I have already tried to flash my board 3 times - 2 times with 2.0, once with 1.9. Does not make any difference unfortunately =(
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
I went and downloaded the latest rev 1e version from their website and loaded that up in aurdino and left it as was and re-uploaded that. the sensors started working again but somehow it appeared to lock up before I got very far. I unplugged it for now and will mess with it more shortly.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:58 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2zzyQ View Post
If it is for me, then I have already tried to flash my board 3 times - 2 times with 2.0, once with 1.9. Does not make any difference unfortunately =(
Dang sorry to hear that, that's the only thing I could think of.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
I went and downloaded the latest rev 1e version from their website and loaded that up in aurdino and left it as was and re-uploaded that. the sensors started working again but somehow it appeared to lock up before I got very far. I unplugged it for now and will mess with it more shortly.
Man I feels yalls pain I did a ton of searching around to get mine setup, and there is really not one clear instruction manual for setting up this board. My limited knowledge has come by trail and error. So i know its frustrating. But you'll get it.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
I hooked it up again after letting it set a few and it's showing all sensors again. I calibrated acc, mag, and wrote that, then did the throttle stick limit in the transmitter again and wrote that... it's good except the throttle response on the 4 motors now won't move with the stick in the gui and it did to start with (even though the esc's never armed for real)....don't guess they will now either.

I'll be back in the morning.

Randy

Well pizzz I found out why the 4 motors weren't running up with the throttle on the gui chart, I had to enable the board. They show as working now. I'll try putting the battery to it again tomorrow and see if the esc's will arm.
Last edited by rking1960; Jun 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: update
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:36 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
I hooked it up again after letting it set a few and it's showing all sensors again. I calibrated acc, mag, and wrote that, then did the throttle stick limit in the transmitter again and wrote that... it's good except the throttle response on the 4 motors now won't move with the stick in the gui and it did to start with (even though the esc's never armed for real)....don't guess they will now either.

I'll be back in the morning.

Randy

Well pizzz I found out why the 4 motors weren't running up with the throttle on the gui chart, I had to enable the board. They show as working now. I'll try putting the battery to it again tomorrow and see if the esc's will arm.
awesome, glad its working now.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Dang sorry to hear that, that's the only thing I could think of.
Yep, tried re-flashing couple more times with different min throttle values (not sure how it can be relevant but worth trying). Nothing helped. Also calibrated my ESC for min/max throttle. Did not help either =)
Also a bit more information - that value "I2C error" above the chart is increasing constantly while board is connected. It goes from -30000 to 20000, i think in several seconds, then jumps back to -30000 and keeps growing again. May be it can be either way connected to the issue.
Also I noticed that if I click 'calibrate mag', mag value change n the chart to 333,333,-333 (and copter image rotates) but after that stay still again.

I am waiting for an answer from Quadrino guy... but seems like I have to send it back
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:34 AM
I just wanna be up in the air
Joined Feb 2012
39 Posts
DJI F450 frame with Quadrino board

So back in Feb, i built my first quad with a cheap $30 frame from ebay. I had difficulty wiring the quad, sent it to witespy, and it returned in full flying condition! Witespy is freaking AWESOME for that! Anyway, i was flying it very low the other day, and all of a sudden it flipped over on me! (trust me, it was not an error on my part) It could've been due to interference, but I don't know how it happened. The frame broke into several pieces, and I now bought a DJI F450 frame to mount it on. Here's the end result. I haven't put the witespy clear dome on it yet because I was tweaking some settings. Also, here's a snap shot of my settings. It's a bit wobble, but don't know if it cause i'm using 11" props. Gonna try the 10" props tomorrow.
kjcffmedic is offline Find More Posts by kjcffmedic