4,471 Posts
What would make your computers do that?
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:38 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
69 Posts
I'm missing something and I dont know what. It's probably something simple. Hopefully I can get it going. Or I'm gonna end up sending this thing out w/ my tx to the original owner so he can set it up for me. . . I just feel like I'm missing a really big part of the learning experience if I do that.
BassMonkey is offline Find More Posts by BassMonkey
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Mar 2012
69 Posts
Well make that 3 laptops now. I dug up an old hp I had thats running windows vista to see if that would read it.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:19 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMonkey View Post
Why does windows 7 hate my quadrino?!?!?!?!

It never shows up or downloads or even shows error messages. My computer(s) doesn't acknowledge it at all. Downloaded all the drivers and from ftdichip, multiiwii 1.9, arduino and still nothing. Pretty sure its not the board since the person I purchased it from just had it working a few days ago on his(even offered to set up my tx to it, so he's confident its not the board either). Had the same problem with a breakout and gave up thinking it was the 5v breakout. but now I've got this awesome witespy 450 and cant configure the board! Man this so frustrating. 2 different cables 1 desktop and 2 laptops and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? i've been working on this for at least a week. Plus the day and a half with the Quadrino.
Have you installed the FTDI drivers?

Good tutorial here - http://www.flyingeinstein.com/index....uadrino-config
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
39 Posts
Question: While in Level mode if I start moving to fast, say +10mph it wobbles A LOT, otherwise it's super stable. Also if the wind kicks up the same thing happens. It's running smooth in rate

should i increase or decrease the P on Level configuration?
scottevilsr is offline Find More Posts by scottevilsr
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:49 AM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottevilsr View Post
Question: While in Level mode if I start moving to fast, say +10mph it wobbles A LOT, otherwise it's super stable. Also if the wind kicks up the same thing happens. It's running smooth in rate

ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:04 PM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
506 Posts
Quote:

I find the level setting to be super tricky. On my microquad, I had to have it really low or it would have this crazy spring effect, like I'd move the quad, and when I stopped it would spring back and forth until it found level again. Lowering it was the answer there, and I lowered it to about 2.5 before it would fly smooth in level mode. On my large quad, it's kind of the opposite. I have my level P set at 9.0, and it's super smooth.

So I'd try turning the P down first, and see if it improves things. If not, crank it up. It's all trial and error for most of us.
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullmoonCat View Post
I find the level setting to be super tricky. On my microquad, I had to have it really low or it would have this crazy spring effect, like I'd move the quad, and when I stopped it would spring back and forth until it found level again. Lowering it was the answer there, and I lowered it to about 2.5 before it would fly smooth in level mode. On my large quad, it's kind of the opposite. I have my level P set at 9.0, and it's super smooth.

So I'd try turning the P down first, and see if it improves things. If not, crank it up. It's all trial and error for most of us.
Ahh, interesting. That's what happened on my first flight where I had enough space to do more than bunny-hop it around the yard. As soon as I stopped giving it input in level mode, it see-sawed then ultimately dropped like a rock from about 30ft. I had discounted Quadrino at that point, but perhaps it requires a lot more tuning than I had expected. I might give it another shot on a less expensive frame with lots of props in reserve.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullmoonCat View Post

yeah, i just ordered the serial BT module for mine since I can't really make this effect until i get a high rate of speed during FPV. So I guess I'll wait for that to arrive and tune via my Android device at the field.. Thanks for the input, kind of figured most people would respond with.. try low, if not, try high.. keep messing with it, etc.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Have you installed the FTDI drivers?

Good tutorial here - http://www.flyingeinstein.com/index....uadrino-config
Yes drivers installed. Tried both 32 and 64bit.

That tutorial was actually the one I was using. When I plug it in to my pc, it doesn't automatically download the firmware or gives me any kind of option to do so. The board just lights up and stays that way. I check the device manager and nothing there either.

Opened multiiwiiconf to check to see if drivers downloaded and I just missed it and nothing. Only ports shown is my com1. Just to make sure I even tried to run that, knowing it was the wrong one.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:03 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Good luck!
You are on HT-FPV, right?

Many individual set-ups out there.
One PID screenshot does not solve all.

I tried many PID settings, starting w/stock MultiWii 2.0, lower, then going up one @ a time ... after 2 months I still didn't find a sweet spot for my Witespy VC-450 QuadRino ...
Can't engage any of the sensors when flying w/GoPro, or if it's a little windy ... Wobble, twitch, wobble, crash!

We'll see how my quad comes back from repairs, but, right now, I'm thinking NAZA for AP (OPCC for FPV).
So if any of you have to sell a VC-450 frame w/ESCs, motors & NAZA on it, let me know.

Quote:
yeah, i just ordered the serial BT module for mine since I can't really make this effect until i get a high rate of speed during FPV. So I guess I'll wait for that to arrive and tune via my Android device at the field.. Thanks for the input, kind of figured most people would respond with.. try low, if not, try high.. keep messing with it, etc.
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.bi. View Post
Good luck!
You are on HT-FPV, right?

Many individual set-ups out there.
One PID screenshot does not solve all.

I tried many PID settings, starting w/stock MultiWii 2.0, lower, then going up one @ a time ... after 2 months I still didn't find a sweet spot for my Witespy VC-450 QuadRino ...
Can't engage any of the sensors when flying w/GoPro, or if it's a little windy ... Wobble, twitch, wobble, crash!

We'll see how my quad comes back from repairs, but, right now, I'm thinking NAZA for AP (OPCC for FPV).
So if any of you have to sell a VC-450 frame w/ESCs, motors & NAZA on it, let me know.
thanks, i will just fly rate for now.. it's not a big deal. The quadrino is installed on my HTFPV.. I have a VC450 frame, didn't like the props showing up in my video.. great frame but i'm working towards building a QAV500 (pre-order as of now) that i'm going to put my next CC board on.

the biggest problem i have now is too many controllers/quads not enough time to PID tune them all perfectly lolol.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
I finally updated to 2.0 yesterday uploaded fine. I had to change min throttle in the sketch to get the motors starting together. Today I noticed a new problem, after calibrating the gyro then accel on the ground it would work fine. Suddenly during FFF auto stability would get wonky, drifting back and to the right. If I turned off accel it would seem fine. I would land and recalibrate the accel then it fly right again. It would mess up again I would land and recalibrate. Anyone else seen this happen?
AdaptedEye is offline Find More Posts by AdaptedEye
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:31 PM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaptedEye View Post
I finally updated to 2.0 yesterday uploaded fine. I had to change min throttle in the sketch to get the motors starting together. Today I noticed a new problem, after calibrating the gyro then accel on the ground it would work fine. Suddenly during FFF auto stability would get wonky, drifting back and to the right. If I turned off accel it would seem fine. I would land and recalibrate the accel then it fly right again. It would mess up again I would land and recalibrate. Anyone else seen this happen?
Yes, mine does something similar. If I fly quickly forward in ACC mode, it will gradually pull back, so it's like I have to fight the controller. I never had that issue with 1.8. I am assuming it has something to do with the new autotrimming feature in 2.0, where the flight controller will autotrim your ACC for you while you fly. But I really don't know for sure. If I hover afterward, it will drift backward for a short time, and then stop drifting. This adds to my suspicion that it's the autotrim, correcting for your movement in any direction just as it would correct for actual drift.

Overall, I am happier with 2.0, but that is slightly annoying. Of course, the real answer is, why use ACC for FFF? But I do it, too.
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
yeah i was looking at the sketch and im thinking about disabling the autotrim.

i found this link about using autotrim... WDF

http://ncopters.blogspot.com/2012/04...ration-in.html

Step 3: When copter is leveled (no drift) switch off engines while airborne: copter beeps.
say what?
AdaptedEye is offline Find More Posts by AdaptedEye
Last edited by AdaptedEye; Jun 06, 2012 at 05:49 PM.