HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:42 PM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rking1960 View Post
I'm considering buying one of these boards but have a question, What is a PPM? I never see that described anywhere. It will be replacing a HK board on a quadX homebrew that I've had no luck with and I use a DX6i Spektrum radio.

thanks for any info.

Randy
PPM stands for Pulse-position modulation. What it means for you is that if you hook a PPM-capable Rx to the board, you only have to hook the Rx from the PPM connection to the throttle connection of the board, rather than using a connector for each channel. All channels are broadcast through this single connection.
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITman496 View Post
I figured (or at least hope I figured) out the issue. Vibrations caused the power feeding the quadrino to just barely lose connection, long enough to cause a glitch, but not long enough to cause a complete power down.

So basically the lesson is, make sure all of your servo things are secure. Or solder them. I soldered mine.

@rking ppm is basically all of the channels of your radio, in one wire. so imagine the servo signals all shoved into one data stream, that is ppm. It allows you, on radios that support it, to not have four wires running to the quadrino, but one single wire.
interesting find, thanks for getting back to us
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullmoonCat View Post
PPM stands for Pulse-position modulation. What it means for you is that if you hook a PPM-capable Rx to the board, you only have to hook the Rx from the PPM connection to the throttle connection of the board, rather than using a connector for each channel. All channels are broadcast through this single connection.
ah ok, well, the normal wires don't bother me so I'll just be reusing them. thanks for those answers.

In the first post on this thread, on this picture...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...3_13-24-36.jpg

the one plug is sideways, is that just saving wires because only the signal is used?
rking1960 is offline Find More Posts by rking1960
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:41 PM
Tree Crasher Master
United States, NJ, Hackettstown
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
Just got back from flying around with a go-pro strapped to my quad.

God, I love the Quadrino. You put a heavy camera completely off the center weight and don't balance it at all? It doesn't care. It flew as if the go-pro wasn't even there. I don't even know why people bother counter weighting everything, lol.
ITman496 is online now Find More Posts by ITman496
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:02 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,718 Posts
Quote:

God, I love the Quadrino. You put a heavy camera completely off the center weight and don't balance it at all? It doesn't care. It flew as if the go-pro wasn't even there. I don't even know why people bother counter weighting everything, lol.
You love MultiWii... since the Quadrino is nothing without the proper software..
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:04 PM
Tree Crasher Master
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
You love MultiWii... since the Quadrino is nothing without the proper software..
Yeah, that too. =P

Now if only both my 5.8ghz vtx's didn't fry. I'd have fpv.

Though, my only gripe with multiwii is that I for the life of me, can't get the auto-leveling mode to work. It always seems to drift or is just unstable, no matter what I do.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:05 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,718 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that too. =P

Now if only both my 5.8ghz vtx's didn't fry. I'd have fpv.

Though, my only gripe with multiwii is that I for the life of me, can't get the auto-leveling mode to work. It always seems to drift or is just unstable, no matter what I do.
How did you manage to fry both..?
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:09 PM
Tree Crasher Master
Joined Sep 2011
104 Posts
I'm not sure. Well..

The first one fried because the camera fried, and shorted out, and then essentially forced a lipo to dump through the vtx.

The second one just.. stopped working for no reason what so ever. Really. It was working, I plugged it in, and then it never powered up again. No clue as to what happened. =/
Old Jun 05, 2012, 02:28 AM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Pics of the setup & on-board video would help visualize. Thanks.

Quote:

ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:47 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
69 Posts
a little help

Trying to hook up the EZ connect to a spektrum AR6100e. Does this seem right to you guys?

VCC- batt +
T-signal
R-signal
P-signal
Y-signal
AUX1-signal
AUX2-?
VBATT-?
VIN-?

GND- batt -

Here's a picture of the diagram that I used and picture of how my rx looks now
BassMonkey is offline Find More Posts by BassMonkey
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:09 AM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
485 Posts
Quote:
ah ok, well, the normal wires don't bother me so I'll just be reusing them. thanks for those answers.

In the first post on this thread, on this picture...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...3_13-24-36.jpg

the one plug is sideways, is that just saving wires because only the signal is used?
Yep, exactly right. The receiver only needs current and ground hooked up on a single channel, and it doesn't matter which channel. So you can hook up all 4 channels with two servo connectors if you do it right.
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
Ok, well I went ahead and ordered one of these today, the:

Quadrino Muiltwii Flight controller Advanced edition w/ezconnect.
Install Pin Headers
Yes - I want to use the old connectors

and hopefully I'll get it before long. I may have to ask you guys some more questions along the way.
rking1960 is offline Find More Posts by rking1960
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
44 Posts
Quote:

Install Pin Headers

and hopefully I'll get it before long. I may have to ask you guys some more questions along the way.
Colin who makes the Quadrino is a pretty cool dude. I ordered one from him recently and talked with him on the phone over some Issues I was having. The quality of the board is top notch and so far customer service has been great. Although its a pricey board I would say its a great one to buy for a newb such as myself or any one else who is getting into multicopters with little to no R/C experience.
juxsa is offline Find More Posts by juxsa
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:32 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,375 Posts
Quote:

Install Pin Headers

This the way I am getting all of my Quadrino boards.
Not using the motor side ez-connect, at all.
You will be very happy.
We are your multiwii brothers now and we will help.
If you just give us a little time we can get it figured out and it flying great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxsa View Post
Colin who makes the Quadrino is a pretty cool dude. I ordered one from him recently and talked with him on the phone over some Issues I was having. The quality of the board is top notch and so far customer service has been great. Although its a pricey board I would say its a great one to buy for a newb such as myself or any one else who is getting into multicopters with little to no R/C experience.
The RTH with the new GPS board coming out is going to kick the DJI's Naza butt.
I am very happy with what I am seeing.
I see the Quadrino as in the top 3 boards out there.
The Open Pilot board is the best, but good luck on getting one.
The Naza is second, only because it can hold altitude better.

That is the way I see it.
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:15 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
69 Posts
Why does windows 7 hate my quadrino?!?!?!?!

It never shows up or downloads or even shows error messages. My computer(s) doesn't acknowledge it at all. Downloaded all the drivers and from ftdichip, multiiwii 1.9, arduino and still nothing. Pretty sure its not the board since the person I purchased it from just had it working a few days ago on his(even offered to set up my tx to it, so he's confident its not the board either). Had the same problem with a breakout and gave up thinking it was the 5v breakout. but now I've got this awesome witespy 450 and cant configure the board! Man this so frustrating. 2 different cables 1 desktop and 2 laptops and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? i've been working on this for at least a week. Plus the day and a half with the Quadrino.
BassMonkey is offline Find More Posts by BassMonkey