HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2012, 05:59 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badooger View Post
(((Beware))) No failsafe on upgrading multiwii firmware. if you turn off your transmitter after disarming. the qaud will rearm and take off on it's own. (Hole in pc board)
Purchased the new 1e ez/wire board. I don't know who named this but it's other than ez.
vc 450 ar8000 rx and old 1d wiring. Witespy. It would be helpful to have a diagram to convert boards using the esc connectors. badooger@yahoo.com
That behavior is from your ESC failsafe.
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 09:47 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
have done that but still nothing what version of the GUI are you running ? i cant get one to work right
Is your trim all the way down?
What radio you got, sir?
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old May 17, 2012, 10:05 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Is your trim all the way down?
What radio you got, sir?
yes it is all the way down...

so i program it in arduino 0023 or 22 or 1.0 and than i go to the config 1.9 and check it and it says i have shanged it but non of the sensors are responding so it is a problem in the flashing?
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old May 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
i have a futaba 9cap
Old May 18, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Jun 2007
7 Posts
FIrst (short) flight

Just got the VC450 yesterday evening, got it connected to the software and everything looked good, charged batteries. Today at lunch I got the props put on, did the gyro calibration and at first take off it started to flip, but just adjusted trim and was up and flying around (short hops) in no time - that's the most exciting flight! I've flown fixed wing r/c a lot and some time with a quad on a simulator so this was a real plug-and-play (after reading a lot experience, thanks!!

Chuck in Charleston WV
chuckswig is offline Find More Posts by chuckswig
Old May 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
Registered Lurker
Joined Aug 2004
2,611 Posts
wiiconfig won't show any 'lines' of data when I click start. I've tried both 1.7, and version 1.9, and selected both com ports that show up. If I pick the 1.7 version, I'll see the RX light flash on the quadrino board. if I pick the 1.9 version, I'll see both the RX and TX light flash. [usb drivers are installed, run on xp, admin user]

I picked up this quad from a user on the forum here, thinking I'd get a nice easy ready to flight unit. However, I misread the sales description, (no receiver). I've connected the leads from the quadrino board in the same fashion, but I haven't been able to get any kind of throttle response. I thought I'd back up a step, and hook up the usb connector to see what information comes through there.

[and I can't seem to get any visible data from the wiiconfig program]

Yes, (first quad)
Nethole is offline Find More Posts by Nethole
Old May 18, 2012, 03:53 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethole View Post
wiiconfig won't show any 'lines' of data when I click start. I've tried both 1.7, and version 1.9, and selected both com ports that show up. If I pick the 1.7 version, I'll see the RX light flash on the quadrino board. if I pick the 1.9 version, I'll see both the RX and TX light flash. [usb drivers are installed, run on xp, admin user]

I picked up this quad from a user on the forum here, thinking I'd get a nice easy ready to flight unit. However, I misread the sales description, (no receiver). I've connected the leads from the quadrino board in the same fashion, but I haven't been able to get any kind of throttle response. I thought I'd back up a step, and hook up the usb connector to see what information comes through there.

Yes, (first quad)
The Multiwiiconfig version need to match the one that is uploaded in the Multiwii controller.

If you don't know which one the previous owner put inside i suggest to reflash it.
But you need to know some things before.

Look in the few last page of that thread, there is a wiki listed.
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old May 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
494 Posts
I'm having a very strange issue with my Quadrino board. I've had it since about January, and it's been performing with no issues in my micro-quad since then, couldn't be happier. Recently, I switched the controller back into my "Witespy" 450 quad, and it also worked perfectly there for two flights.

After those two flights, it stopped working correctly. Now, the quad behaves as if the pitch is fully backward at all times, even if I put the pitch full forward. It does this in any mode. The rear two motors are running slower than the front two. I have narrowed the problem down to the flight control board through the following steps:
  • Re-calibrate all ESCs: No impact
  • Re-upload and re-calibrate firmware/sensors: No impact
  • Switch ESC connections to board so front motors are hooked to back motor connects and visa-versa: Front motors run slower now, verifying that the problem is the signal being sent to the ESCs.
  • Switch roll and pitch channels in the Tx: No impact, verifying that the Tx is not in error.
  • Verify in MultiWii config that the pitch centers at 1500, ruling out the Tx or Rx as the source of the problem

So, it's got to be the flight control board, I believe. Since I already re-uploaded the firmware, is there anything else I can do to try to get it behaving regularly again?
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Old May 18, 2012, 04:19 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethole View Post

Yes, (first quad)
im having this same problem
Old May 18, 2012, 04:22 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,391 Posts
What rev boards do you both have?
Also can you post a screen shot?
thanks will try to help if I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullmoonCat View Post
I'm having a very strange issue with my Quadrino board. I've had it since about January, and it's been performing with no issues in my micro-quad since then, couldn't be happier. Recently, I switched the controller back into my "Witespy" 450 quad, and it also worked perfectly there for two flights.

After those two flights, it stopped working correctly. Now, the quad behaves as if the pitch is fully backward at all times, even if I put the pitch full forward. It does this in any mode. The rear two motors are running slower than the front two. I have narrowed the problem down to the flight control board through the following steps:
  • Re-calibrate all ESCs: No impact
  • Re-upload and re-calibrate firmware/sensors: No impact
  • Switch ESC connections to board so front motors are hooked to back motor connects and visa-versa: Front motors run slower now, verifying that the problem is the signal being sent to the ESCs.
  • Switch roll and pitch channels in the Tx: No impact, verifying that the Tx is not in error.
  • Verify in MultiWii config that the pitch centers at 1500, ruling out the Tx or Rx as the source of the problem

So, it's got to be the flight control board, I believe. Since I already re-uploaded the firmware, is there anything else I can do to try to get it behaving regularly again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
im having this same problem
Old May 18, 2012, 04:33 PM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
494 Posts
I have Rev 1D "Quadrino Zoom" with the BMP085 barometric sensor. Not sure what you'd want with a screenshot in my case. I suppose I could get a capture of the MultiWii config, though it all looks normal, if you think that might help.
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Old May 18, 2012, 04:37 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,391 Posts
it could help
Old May 18, 2012, 04:44 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
screen cap

same thing happenes with 1.9
Old May 18, 2012, 04:45 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,391 Posts
Can either of you update to firmware 2.0?
Old May 18, 2012, 04:46 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Can either of you update to firmware 2.0?
i did but it wont even connect to the board