HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2012, 11:43 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Check to see if there is a electrical current wire that is close beneath your board, this can mess up your mag and the magnetism field is disrupted by it. I had this problem too gottafly see if that works. and thanks for your advice ill try that!
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Aug 2011
98 Posts
is http://www.flyingeinstein.com/ the official site for quadrino?

How do i contact them directly?

or do we use this forum for support.
p25o1 is offline Find More Posts by p25o1
Old May 06, 2012, 04:24 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
You can join their forum or here is where your going to get the quickest help!

How can we all answer your questions?
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old May 06, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Aug 2011
98 Posts
thx DoctorAudio

i wanted to ask about interfacing a Optical Flow sensor to the quadrino.

its part of the progress on the multiwii forums

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...011659d2ba7db8

which 4 "free" digital port can i use to interface the new Sensor.

my suggestion was A0, A1, D8, and A6, since they are free on the quadrino.

below is the multiwii member response:
"
A0, A1 - used by gimbal servos, disable it function first in config.h or def.h
D8 - used by buzzer, disable it too in def.h
A6 - don't know what is it. check if it supports digital write/read.
"

can you help me to confirm if i can use A6, or , suggest another port/ports.

thx allot,
p25o1 is offline Find More Posts by p25o1
Old May 06, 2012, 11:42 AM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2008
24 Posts
I will be getting a quadrino for mt HTFPV frame and have a couple of quick questions.
I was helping my son set his up and it seams very easy to disarm it. Is there a way to set the transmitter up so that it is not easy to do?
Also what are the recommended transmitter settings for expo and travel limits?
Is there a way to change the modes during flight from the transmitter?

Thanks
Brandon
brlowe is offline Find More Posts by brlowe
Old May 06, 2012, 11:45 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brlowe View Post
I will be getting a quadrino for mt HTFPV frame and have a couple of quick questions.
I was helping my son set his up and it seams very easy to disarm it. Is there a way to set the transmitter up so that it is not easy to do?
Also what are the recommended transmitter settings for expo and travel limits?
Is there a way to change the modes during flight from the transmitter?

Thanks
Brandon
First go look at the software that run in the Quadrino shield board.
www.multiwii.com
And the RCgroups thread
Here

What do you mean by easy to arm or disarm ?
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 12:40 PM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2008
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
What do you mean by easy to arm or disarm ?
While working with my sons it arms very fast when you move the stick to the lower right. Now I know you should never in normal flight be in that area of stick movement but if you did you could be mid flight and all of the sudden disarm your board. Is there a why to prevent this from happening during flight? Can you put in a five second delay to arm and disarm?

Thanks
Brandon
brlowe is offline Find More Posts by brlowe
Old May 06, 2012, 12:55 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brlowe View Post
While working with my sons it arms very fast when you move the stick to the lower right. Now I know you should never in normal flight be in that area of stick movement but if you did you could be mid flight and all of the sudden disarm your board. Is there a why to prevent this from happening during flight? Can you put in a five second delay to arm and disarm?

Thanks
Brandon
It will arm only if the throttle is all way down
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
WHOOLY GANG: Air Fur (2 min 41 sec)

Here is a video that I made yesterday after a good hour of quad flying! thanks to my friends doing some longboarding action! I was flying 2.0 with the orginal config settings. I flew in both acro and ACC. any thoughts!? how to make the film look smoother and make the quad less rigid?
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
Old May 06, 2012, 09:22 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Something has gone wrong with my Quadrino board perhaps. It does not arm the ESCs upon powering up each time, only sometimes. I cannot figure out why. The power LED comes on but the blue LED does not.

I've made no hardware changes, wiring changes or Tx settings. I upgraded to MW 2.0 and fiddled w/ PIDs about a month ago. It was flying fine up until the other day, never been crashed. What can I do to test? This problem is intermittent right now, but getting worse. At this time I cannot even get the MW config app to see the board, same w/ the Arduino app when using USB. When powered by USB I don't see the proper LEDs lighting, only power and briefly the status LED barely blinks then turns off.

I thought about changing the MINCOMMAND but why would I all of the sudden need to make changes like that? I don't like the fact that this issue is intermittent, makes me think a bad solder or something.

Help?

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Last edited by egaus; May 06, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old May 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Something has gone wrong with my Quadrino board perhaps. It does not arm the ESCs upon powering up each time, only sometimes. I cannot figure out why. The power LED comes on but the blue LED does not.

I've made no hardware changes, wiring changes or Tx settings. I upgraded to MW 2.0 and fiddled w/ PIDs about a month ago. It was flying fine up until the other day, never been crashed. What can I do to test? This problem is intermittent right now, but getting worse. At this time I cannot even get the MW config app to see the board, same w/ the Arduino app when using USB. When powered by USB I don't see the proper LEDs lighting, only power and briefly the status LED barely blinks then turns off.

I thought about changing the MINCOMMAND but why would I all of the sudden need to make changes like that? I don't like the fact that this issue is intermittent, makes me think a bad solder or something.

Help?

e
MINCOMMAND don't have anything in realation to "Arming" the board.

What is the value of your Yaw Left and Right and also the Throttle when down ?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 12:05 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
Quote:
At this time I cannot even get the MW config app to see the board, same w/ the Arduino app when using USB. When powered by USB I don't see the proper LEDs lighting, only power and briefly the status LED barely blinks then turns off.
e
That is what tells you something is wrong with your board. If you are having this issue then your having problems with a voltage spike hitting the Atmel chip.
Your Atmel chip may have been blown.

This happened to mine, check your BEC voltage.
That is where the issue may have started.
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old May 07, 2012, 01:17 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Kinda windy day, about 15 gusting to 20, but a lot of fun
Taking a look around (8 min 37 sec)
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old May 07, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Dialfonzo,

My issue is not that I can't 'arm' the board, it's that the board does not arm the ESCs like it normally does immediately after plugging in battery. The ESCs just beep every few seconds and twitch the props.

Of course, I can't arm the board either, because it never gets to the point of being able to be armed. When it is in this state, it is as if it never 'booted' correctly.

In the off chance that the board arms the ESCs, I can arm the board and fly the quad. The prob is that everytime I get it (by repeatedly trying to plug it in) to work, it only works for maybe one flight, then does the same thing again. MW Config and Arduino cannot see the board in this condition.

If I check the BEC voltage, what am I looking for?

Thanks,

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old May 07, 2012, 12:29 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Dialfonzo,

My issue is not that I can't 'arm' the board, it's that the board does not arm the ESCs like it normally does immediately after plugging in battery. The ESCs just beep every few seconds and twitch the props.

Of course, I can't arm the board either, because it never gets to the point of being able to be armed. When it is in this state, it is as if it never 'booted' correctly.

In the off chance that the board arms the ESCs, I can arm the board and fly the quad. The prob is that everytime I get it (by repeatedly trying to plug it in) to work, it only works for maybe one flight, then does the same thing again. MW Config and Arduino cannot see the board in this condition.

If I check the BEC voltage, what am I looking for?

Thanks,

e
Ok..
One thing to try it to connect your ESC's one by one on the receiver and try them all. (Prop removed or with caution)
RCG Plus Member