HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:50 AM
Joined Sep 2011
77 Posts
Pretty sure i screwed up

BUT JUST NEED TO VERIFY WITH THE EXPERTS! 1ST I WILL SAY PRETTY NOOBISH BUT HAVE TRIED SEVERAL DIF FCs AND LOVE MY QUADRINO ZOOM! ON TO MY PROBLEM,THINK IVE READ NOT TO HAVE BATTERY AND USB PLUGGED IN AT THE SAME TIME,NOT JUST BECAUSE WHEN U ARM IT WILL FLY BUT IT HURTS THE BOARD,WELL I THINK I JUST HURT MY BOARD!! AFTER UNPLUGGING USB WHILE BATT ATTACHED NOW I HAVE ISSUES! WITHOUT USB ATTACHED ,I PLUG IN BATT AND GET NOTHING,ZERO,ZILCH,NADA,NO LEDS,NO ESC/MOTOR BEEPS,AS IF I DID NOTHING AT ALL!! PLUGH IN USB WITH BATT ATTACHED AND TAADAAA EVERYTHING FINE,RIGHT DOWN TO ARMING AND FLYING,NOT FAR USB CABLE SHORT LOL! WITHOUT BAT JUST USB,ALL IS CORRECT OR AS IT SHOULD BE!! HAVE READ ABOUT A DIODE....,DID I TOAST IT? AND SINCE SHE FLIES WITH USB PLUGGED IN,CAN SOMEONE HELP ME RIG AN ONBOARD 5V USB BYPASS MOD SO I XCAN STILL FLY? THX
MOTOSTEIN is offline Find More Posts by MOTOSTEIN
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:55 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOSTEIN View Post
BUT JUST NEED TO VERIFY WITH THE EXPERTS! 1ST I WILL SAY PRETTY NOOBISH BUT HAVE TRIED SEVERAL DIF FCs AND LOVE MY QUADRINO ZOOM! ON TO MY PROBLEM,THINK IVE READ NOT TO HAVE BATTERY AND USB PLUGGED IN AT THE SAME TIME,NOT JUST BECAUSE WHEN U ARM IT WILL FLY BUT IT HURTS THE BOARD,WELL I THINK I JUST HURT MY BOARD!! AFTER UNPLUGGING USB WHILE BATT ATTACHED NOW I HAVE ISSUES! WITHOUT USB ATTACHED ,I PLUG IN BATT AND GET NOTHING,ZERO,ZILCH,NADA,NO LEDS,NO ESC/MOTOR BEEPS,AS IF I DID NOTHING AT ALL!! PLUGH IN USB WITH BATT ATTACHED AND TAADAAA EVERYTHING FINE,RIGHT DOWN TO ARMING AND FLYING,NOT FAR USB CABLE SHORT LOL! WITHOUT BAT JUST USB,ALL IS CORRECT OR AS IT SHOULD BE!! HAVE READ ABOUT A DIODE....,DID I TOAST IT? AND SINCE SHE FLIES WITH USB PLUGGED IN,CAN SOMEONE HELP ME RIG AN ONBOARD 5V USB BYPASS MOD SO I XCAN STILL FLY? THX
How do you power your board ?
1- From ESC wire
2- From BEC Vin input
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:00 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,160 Posts
3 - From the receiver.
For me, putting BEC power into the Vin would not have the power to drive the board and the camera stab. Once I set it up so my Rx was powering the board, all worked just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
1- From ESC wire
2- From BEC Vin input
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:01 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
3 - From the receiver.
For me, putting BEC power into the Vin would not have the power to drive the board and the camera stab. Once I set it up so my Rx was powering the board, all worked just fine.
That is just like the option "1"
All "+" pin on the board are link together.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:27 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Pretty sure stick combinations are universal.
Thanks, I just wanted to check before I tried messing with it.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:06 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
Cabling from a Zoom to the Rx

I've done some searching and read through the thread, but I haven't found this question answered.

I'm new to the hobby and have recently built my Gaui 500x. I'm planning on using a Quadrino Zoom as the FC but I don't have any cables to connect it to my Spektrum Rx. What are the recommended cables to use to connect to your Rx? I've looked at a few sites that sell the quadrino but they didn't seem to have any 3 wire cables for with female plugs that would fit on the headers on the Quadrino. Am I missing something obvious?

Should I be using jumper cables such as http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10363?

Thanks in advance for your help.
cfraser is offline Find More Posts by cfraser
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:09 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
I've done some searching and read through the thread, but I haven't found this question answered.

I'm new to the hobby and have recently built my Gaui 500x. I'm planning on using a Quadrino Zoom as the FC but I don't have any cables to connect it to the Rx. What are the recommended cables to use to connect to your Rx? I've looked at a few sites that sell the quadrino but they didn't seem to have any 3 wire cables for with female plugs that would fit on the headers on the Quadrino. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Something like that

HERE

They can be found at many place.. was just the easiest to find.. lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:22 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation.

Obvious answer is obvious I guess. Hehe.
cfraser is offline Find More Posts by cfraser
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
I have received my quadrino basic in november with 1.8 patch 2 and made a few flight sometimes good and sometimes many drift on the same set up I used before and I swap it for another FC.I recently build another quad with same setup:kda 2022l,plush 30 A
Powering the receiver and then FC like before(six or seven multiwii built) and I cant get connection with gui and when I try to upload new firmware with arduino I get avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Sep 2011
77 Posts
Quote:
1- From ESC wire
2- From BEC Vin input
I WAS POWERING FROM ESCs NOW THE ONLY WAY IT WILL POWER EVEN WITH THE BATTERY PLUGGED IN IS WITH THE USB PLUGGED IN ALSO,OTHERWISE IT DOES NOTHING! JUST SWAPPED BOARD WITH MY BRAND NEW PARIS 4 THAT WAS ON MY SCARAB AND EVERYTHING WORKS AS SHOULD! SO THE QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE USB FEEDING POWER TO THAT WHEN I PLUG IT IN EVERYTHING WORKS? AND WHERE AND HOW CAN I MAKE A JUMPER OR BRING POWER TOO ON THE BOARD WITHOUT HAVING A USB CORD TETHERING IT TO THE GROUND,TO ACHEIVE THE SAME RESULT!! AM TRYING TO TUNE THE PARIS 4 NOW BUT ACTUALLY LIKED THE QUADRINO ZOOM A LITTLE BETTER ONE FLIGHT IN!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:45 AM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
494 Posts
Do you have any idea how hard it is to read your posts with all caps?
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:09 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOSTEIN View Post
I WAS POWERING FROM ESCs NOW THE ONLY WAY IT WILL POWER EVEN WITH THE BATTERY PLUGGED IN IS WITH THE USB PLUGGED IN ALSO,OTHERWISE IT DOES NOTHING! JUST SWAPPED BOARD WITH MY BRAND NEW PARIS 4 THAT WAS ON MY SCARAB AND EVERYTHING WORKS AS SHOULD! SO THE QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE USB FEEDING POWER TO THAT WHEN I PLUG IT IN EVERYTHING WORKS? AND WHERE AND HOW CAN I MAKE A JUMPER OR BRING POWER TOO ON THE BOARD WITHOUT HAVING A USB CORD TETHERING IT TO THE GROUND,TO ACHEIVE THE SAME RESULT!! AM TRYING TO TUNE THE PARIS 4 NOW BUT ACTUALLY LIKED THE QUADRINO ZOOM A LITTLE BETTER ONE FLIGHT IN!
Your on board 5v regulator look to be blown.
When powering from ESC wire it should send voltage to the board.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:18 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,160 Posts
Yes,
but coming from the Rx seems to be different than from coming from the ESC.
I had les glitches on my CamStab when powered from the Rx. Must be cleaner. Could have been that ferrite bead.
MC

Quote:
That is just like the option "1"
All "+" pin on the board are link together.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:27 PM
Norway, Akershus, LillestrÝm
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
how do i flash it to a tricopter?
I've have altso the same question.
Got the Quadrino Zoom FC (the latest edition I believe) a copple of months ago,
and it controlls my quad big time.
I've used the 1.9 to adjust my quad and it works very ok.

I have put together two tricopters now whitch I would like to try the same FC on
Have read a lots of threads but still not found anything.
My brain must have missed somthing essential

Would be most greatful for some help in this issue.

Best regards
Helistupid is offline Find More Posts by Helistupid
Last edited by Helistupid; Feb 27, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Sep 2011
77 Posts
sorry im blind as a bat and need it to see on laptop