Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:19 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Oh so i have a question. I have the board all setup in the gui, one thing i notice though is that the motors in the diagram are not all equal at say half throttle. (not real sure if that is a problem or not), but i tried my first flight today. as soon as i give the quad stick imput it flips over super fast, not even enough time to cut the throttle. Not too sure what would cause this. If i remember right on the kk board i had it was a gyro i need to reverse.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
If you flashed your quadrino with the #define quadrino then you don't need to reverse any gyros.

HOWEVER, you do need to pay special attention to the motor order because they don't plug in 1234 clockwise like a KK board. Also the Rx plugs don't plug in using the normal Aileron/Elevator/Throttle/Rudder order. It's Yaw/Pitch/throttle/Roll (or Rudder/Elevator/Throttle/Aileron). Mixing either of those things could cause your quad to flip unexpectedly like that.

From left to right the plugs on the board are DCBA (4321) and the motor order is:
Code:
A C
D B

-or-

1 3
4 2
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
You can power the board 2 way.

1 - From the BEC
2 - From one of your ESC wire

If you power from the BEC line and add 2 servo to the board. Those 2 servo are driven by the internal voltage regulator of Quadrino and i don't know the spec of that chip but if you put big servo on that.. maybe it's too much

If you power from the ESC wire then all + pin are powered direcly from the ESC BEC without going by the internal voltage regulator.
Actualy my problems started when Iadded the bluetooth module. I think that is defective and is drawing to much current. Regardless, colin did replace my board free of charge so I can't complain there. So then I stopped uusing the bt and now, when I connect servos when powered by usb, it works as it should. When I power up with the flight pack I get a blinking status led.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Actualy my problems started when Iadded the bluetooth module. I think that is defective and is drawing to much current. Regardless, colin did replace my board free of charge so I can't complain there. So then I stopped uusing the bt and now, when I connect servos when powered by usb, it works as it should. When I power up with the flight pack I get a blinking status led.
Blinking status LED normaly if you have Multiwii uploaded in the board mean that the board is not level. Or if it's leve you didn't calibrate the ACC in GUI.

Didn't try to plug my bluetooth module on that particular board (Quadrino)
But did you try to connec the + wire of the bluetooth to your BEC direcly.
That way it's not powered by the onboard regulator. You understand what i mean ?
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Blinking status LED normaly if you have Multiwii uploaded in the board mean that the board is not level. Or if it's leve you didn't calibrate the ACC in GUI.

Didn't try to plug my bluetooth module on that particular board (Quadrino)
But did you try to connec the + wire of the bluetooth to your BEC direcly.
That way it's not powered by the onboard regulator. You understand what i mean ?
I do understand what you're saying. That's a good idea. I haven't had much time to do follow up testing. I've been hesitant to hook it up for fear of it doing damage. But, I will also try powering my board (and therefore servos) through the esc wires. I had originally thought that was the source of my problem so I added the dedicated BEC and am powering through VIN. Thanks
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:17 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
I do understand what you're saying. That's a good idea. I haven't had much time to do follow up testing. I've been hesitant to hook it up for fear of it doing damage. But, I will also try powering my board (and therefore servos) through the esc wires. I had originally thought that was the source of my problem so I added the dedicated BEC and am powering through VIN. Thanks
Ok
I have never use the BEC input on the Quadrino but just tested with a "Fluke" voltmeter and there is no link between the + input of BEC and the + of all the servo or esc wire.

Like in the attached picture.

Hope it help..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:24 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
If you flashed your quadrino with the #define quadrino then you don't need to reverse any gyros.

HOWEVER, you do need to pay special attention to the motor order because they don't plug in 1234 clockwise like a KK board. Also the Rx plugs don't plug in using the normal Aileron/Elevator/Throttle/Rudder order. It's Yaw/Pitch/throttle/Roll (or Rudder/Elevator/Throttle/Aileron). Mixing either of those things could cause your quad to flip unexpectedly like that.

From left to right the plugs on the board are DCBA (4321) and the motor order is:
Code:
A C
D B

-or-

1 3
4 2
thanks i'll check that when i get home tonight, but im pretty sure that i have that right. Ill also check the sketch when i get home. I just downloaded the gui from the multiwii site so maybe it's not defined correctly. Also is the front of the board the N arrow or should it aligned just like the diagram.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Last edited by Killab; Feb 23, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
thanks i'll check that when i get home tonight, but im pretty sure that i have that right. Ill also check the sketch when i get home. I just downloaded the gui from the multiwii site so maybe it's not defined correctly. Also is the front of the board the N arrow or should it aligned just like the diagram.
The front of the board is "North"
The mounting hole between "Quadrino" and the USB plug is "north"

Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:31 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,737 Posts
Quote:
The front of the board is "North"
The mounting hole between "Quadrino" and the USB plug is "north"

[]http://crymore.com/img/quarino%20north.jpg[/IMG]
There is no relation to north.
North is north.. if you turn the board then the north move..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
There is no relation to north.
North is north.. if you turn the board then the north move..
No, I'm not referring to magnetic north of the earth's magnetic field, nor am I referring to north as oriented on a geographical map. HOWEVER, if you simply say "up" or "front" instead of north you could be referring to the Z-axis instead of which part of the board should be facing the front of the aircraft. So relative to the board itself, North is forward, East is right, South is backwards, West is left, "up" is above the board, and "down" is below it. This is a much clearer definition for the orientation of the board than saying "up" or "front". If you only say "front" then you could also be referring to the top face of the board, compared to "back" which would be the reverse face.

Silkscreened onto the quadrino board is a diagram that's shows a quad-X where the "forward" direction arrow is facing the wrong way.

See how that can get confusing?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:51 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,737 Posts
Quote:
No, I'm not referring to magnetic north of the earth's magnetic field, nor am I referring to north as oriented on a geographical map. HOWEVER, if you simply say "up" or "front" instead of north you could be referring to the Z-axis instead of which part of the board should be facing the front of the aircraft. So relative to the board itself, North is forward, East is right, South is backwards, West is left, "up" is above the board, and "down" is below it. This is a much clearer definition for the orientation of the board than saying "up" or "front". If you only say "front" then you could also be referring to the top face of the board, compared to "back" which would be the reverse face.

Silkscreened onto the quadrino board is a diagram that's shows a quad-X where the "forward" direction arrow is facing the wrong way.

See how that can get confusing?
I see your point but don't agree.
Front is always the front..

The easiest is the X-Y-Z on the board that show the right direction.
Y arrow facing forward.

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:30 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,269 Posts
well maybe I'm getting a little further. I found out how to find and look at the Arduino sketch, and I think change to the quadrino (not the quadrino zoom since mine was the edition before the zoom).
but when I try to do the upload, I get an error message
core.a(HardwareSerial.cpp.o): in function'_vector19':
then gives folder address and
hardwar\arduino\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:192: multiple definition of '_vector_19'
MultiWii_1_9.cpp.o: folder namebuild75940137260636179.tmp/MultiWii_1_9.cpp:3325: first defined here

so, not sure what to do next? I've tried the two different serial ports I had listed (COM1 COM3) - no difference. I selected board "Arduino Pro or Pro Mino (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328 - I have a Quadrino Advanced that I bought last summer before the Zoom came out later
but at least I feel like I'm unlocking some of the secrets, of a supposedly "ready to fly" board
- or maybe I'm just fooling myself into not believing that I didn't pay $145 for a board that wouldn't pass any sort of QC muster.
jonquinn is offline Find More Posts by jonquinn
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:30 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,737 Posts
Which version of Arduino software are you using?

Can you post a printscreen of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn View Post
well maybe I'm getting a little further. I found out how to find and look at the Arduino sketch, and I think change to the quadrino (not the quadrino zoom since mine was the edition before the zoom).
hardwar\arduino\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:192: multiple definition of '_vector_19'
MultiWii_1_9.cpp.o: folder namebuild75940137260636179.tmp/MultiWii_1_9.cpp:3325: first defined here

so, not sure what to do next? I've tried the two different serial ports I had listed (COM1 COM3) - no difference. I selected board "Arduino Pro or Pro Mino (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328 - I have a Quadrino Advanced that I bought last summer before the Zoom came out later
but at least I feel like I'm unlocking some of the secrets, of a supposedly "ready to fly" board
- or maybe I'm just fooling myself into not believing that I didn't pay $145 for a board that wouldn't pass any sort of QC muster.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:11 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,162 Posts
The latest version of arduino fails with multiwii software.

Use version 22 or 23 and you'll be fine. Arduino V1.0 is not compatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn View Post

Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:18 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,737 Posts
Exactly where i was going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
The latest version of arduino fails with multiwii software.

Use version 22 or 23 and you'll be fine. Arduino V1.0 is not compatible.
RCG Plus Member