SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2011, 10:38 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerorotor View Post
Witespy these are not defined in my warthox 2.0 board I bought from you. I've been asking you which of these I should define. I do not know if my board is using the official wii boards or the clones. I sent you a detailed email regarding this. You said everything looked good, but it seems some of the sensors are not enabled. My I2C_speed is set to 100000L.
For the warthox board, you might want to check here...

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/multiwiicopter-wiki

about 3/4 of the way down the page looks like what you're asking about.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 11:30 PM
Joined Oct 2009
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
For the warthox board, you might want to check here...

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/multiwiicopter-wiki

about 3/4 of the way down the page looks like what you're asking about.
I have seen this page but the components are not the same as what is on my board. My board was assembled by witespy and by the looks of things he used different components than what is on that page. My board looks like it has another nunchuck on the bottom. I bought a board with self leveling.
aerorotor is offline Find More Posts by aerorotor
Old May 30, 2011, 12:07 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerorotor View Post
Witespy these are not defined in my warthox 2.0 board I bought from you. I've been asking you which of these I should define. I do not know if my board is using the official wii boards or the clones. I sent you a detailed email regarding this. You said everything looked good, but it seems some of the sensors are not enabled. My I2C_speed is set to 100000L.
none of these apply to a warthox 2.0 board. THese are for Quadrino Muiltwii Flight controller

warthox 2.0 board should be set to 100000L with a normal MP

FLYING_ MONKEY is correct.

see section

Classic Nintendo Wii Motion Plus MP+ and Nintendo Wii Nunchuk NK combo

on this page for all the information http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/multiwiicopter-wiki
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 30, 2011, 02:44 AM
Joined Oct 2009
593 Posts
Ok thanks was not sure if everything was correct since the sketch was not loaded when I got it.
aerorotor is offline Find More Posts by aerorotor
Old May 30, 2011, 10:46 AM
Nashville TN
Joined Jan 2011
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
did you do these changes to the stock code?

The following steps were made to prepare the stock MultiWii code for the Quadrino ADV board:

1. Define your appropriate MINTHROTTLE depending on your ESCs
2. Choose multicopter mode: TRI, QUADP, QUADX, Y4, Y6, HEX6, HEX6X
3. Enable 400kHz i2c mode (I2C_SPEED = 4000000L)
4. Enable the following config defines:
ITG3200
BMA180
BMP085
HMC5883
5. Uncomment MOTOR_STOP. (This is our recommended setting.)
What about the I2C internal pull-ups?
Without a onboard LLC with a 5V mpu, they should be disabled with 3.3V sensors.

Update> Duh, Just reread the manual, it has LLC built-in. So internal pullups should be enabled.
BrokenRotor is offline Find More Posts by BrokenRotor
Last edited by BrokenRotor; May 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:59 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRotor View Post
What about the I2C internal pull-ups?
Without a onboard LLC with a 5V mpu, they should be disabled with 3.3V sensors.

Update> Duh, Just reread the manual, it has LLC built-in. So internal pullups should be enabled.
IT does NOT matter. Build in fail safe.... you can just keep them on if you wanted
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 30, 2011, 02:45 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,209 Posts
Woo-Hoo...light winds today so I got to take my Vic20 450 frame and QuadRino board out today. Daddy likes. I think I've got a little PID adjustments to do, but it flew very comfortably and very well.

On another controller thread there was talk about having the motors spin when armed. All my previous controllers wouldn't spin the motors until throttle was applied. I asked the benefit/why spinning vs non-spinning motors. One reply back was 'I take it up high, chop the throttles, and the quad descends, but since the motors are spinning, the gyros/accels are still acting on the 'drop' and help hold things stable. When close to the ground I hit the throttle and, (since the quad is already stabilized), it shots straight back up...no worry of some weird direction change'.

After my first flight with the quad in normal setup, I decided to try the spinning motor thingy. I cheated though vs changing something in the coding (which I don't know how to do anyway). I just increased my throttle trim until the motors spun up. One click of down trim and they stop. I also have and use a throttle kill switch. When the kill switch is active the motors do not spin...no matter what. I tried the 'trick', climbing high and chopping the throttle. I thought it would drop like a rock. Nope, instead it came down at not-to-fast a rate and stayed pretty much level. When I hit the throttle it just shot back up. Okay, I can live with that. If needed I can just hit the kill swith or hit down trim to fully stop the motors.

Once almost finished with the third battery through the quad I wanted to see how the QuadRino behaved when arming/disarming with some throttle trim engaged. Good news...it won't arm at all UNLESS I have the kill switch on or drop the throttle trim all the way down. I figure I'll normally 'kill' the motors by the one-click of down trim when I'm not flying as well as using the kill switch. After arming the board and then turning off the kill switch the motors still won't spin until I give it that one click of up trim. I might go back and set my other boards similar to this so they all behave the same.

Oh yeah...and I really liked how the QuadRino board performed. After some tweaking it should be really fun!!!!
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2011, 02:54 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Van, I'd like to see your config screen when you get things worked out.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:55 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Vantasstic,

How is auto level and heading hold working so far?
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old May 30, 2011, 03:34 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
Van, I'd like to see your config screen when you get things worked out.
+1
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
Old May 30, 2011, 03:35 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Vantasstic,

How is auto level and heading hold working so far?
I have the basic board, so heading hold is not a possibility for me, nor is altitude hold. I may add the sensors later though.

A for the leveling, mine does pretty well out of the box with my Vic20 450 frame. I think it still needs some tweaking with the PIDs. My XAircraft controller auto-level feature response much faster and with less drift than the QuadRino board did on my first 'real' flights. I did try turning auto-level off and you can certainly tell the difference, but I just left it on for the flying I was doing.

I think I need to invest in a little netbook or similar so I can take it to the field, fly, adjust PID, fly, readjust PID, etc. I could do it with my laptop, but a smaller netbook would be much easier to haul around and ought to fit in my flight box pretty easy.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2011, 03:58 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
I have dedicated my netbook to that purpose. For both my quad, and my stabilized helicopter.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:05 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
latest flight testing with the quadrino board.
Memorial Day Quad Flight (6 min 39 sec)
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Last edited by seadog1967; May 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:22 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,154 Posts
Looking good seadog!
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old May 30, 2011, 10:27 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Thanks. Trying to overcome my panic moves. LOL Didn't use auto level or mag this time. Got daring to see what I could do on my own LOL. Thanks again.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967