HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2011, 08:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
653 Posts
Uploading to the Quadrino board

Thanks...I think I found it here http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software after some creative Google searches.

Regards,
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
There's an upload button in the program shown in the video I just posted.
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 10:43 AM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,693 Posts
Hey guys, I've got a quadrino i'm setting up on a Tri. This is the first time i've used the motor stop feature and i'm thinking that maybe my problem. But i'm just now to the stage where i'm testing it in my hands to make sure directions are correct and unless i'm close to half throttle or more the rear motor tends to stop. (if i turn on the accel it stops right away)

I'm going to turn off the motor stop and then finish setup and try calibrating it and see if that helps but have ya'll seen that before?
tonkajeep34 is online now Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
Old May 29, 2011, 12:16 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkajeep34 View Post
Hey guys, I've got a quadrino i'm setting up on a Tri. This is the first time i've used the motor stop feature and i'm thinking that maybe my problem. But i'm just now to the stage where i'm testing it in my hands to make sure directions are correct and unless i'm close to half throttle or more the rear motor tends to stop. (if i turn on the accel it stops right away)

I'm going to turn off the motor stop and then finish setup and try calibrating it and see if that helps but have ya'll seen that before?
Did you calibrate each ESC individually by hooking them up to just the receiver and setting the end points on the throttle channel?

Doug
djdavid60 is online now Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old May 29, 2011, 12:28 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkajeep34 View Post

What kind of speed controllers are you using ?
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 29, 2011, 02:09 PM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,693 Posts
I did a long time ago, these motors and ESCs have been on a gyro based tri for the last few months. I can do it again though.

They are the HK SS25-30 with RCtimer 750kv motors.
Old May 29, 2011, 04:19 PM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,693 Posts
Does this need to be defined as the mega for this board?

#define PROMINI //Arduino type
//#define MEGA

I've Re-calibrated the throttle on all three escs and calibrated the gyro. The Accel is off.

Also see attached screenshot, notice the difference on the motors at half throttle? That's not normal right? Also even through i have motor_stop disabled they're not spinning when i arm the board. I've got the min throttle at 1120. Do i need to lower that?

Thanks guys
Last edited by tonkajeep34; May 29, 2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added Screenshot
Old May 29, 2011, 05:12 PM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,693 Posts
I increased the min throttle to 1200 and that seems to have fixed it. it flies in acro mode now. Well hovered in the garage, it's 30-35mph gusts outside.

I'll button things up then I'll tackle level mode.
Old May 29, 2011, 07:37 PM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
611 Posts
I also noticed that my motor numbers don't match up at pretty much any throttle setting. And on top of that, after I give it pitch, roll, or yaw, the motors that revved up / down don't come back up / down to the same numbers as before moving the sticks. I thought about calibrating the ESCs and actually started to but couldn't get any of them to beep for me so gave up on that. I don't know if the numbers are far enough off to affect flight, but it could explain why sometimes the quad will drift one way after liftoff, then after flying around a little, will drift the other way (assuming the difference in the motors rpms after giving it stick inputs is enough to cause the problem).
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
Old May 29, 2011, 07:44 PM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
296 Posts
Hi! Got the ADV version. Worked ok in GUI Conf 1_7 first time.
Changed to + mode in 1_7 and uploaded. After that the orange led keeps on blinking.
Got contact in Conf but no gyroreadings, and the orange led keeps on blinking.
It can read the boards settings but nunchuk and acc is red (off).
What do I do wrong?
Does it need some special code?
/ J
Jodde73 is offline Find More Posts by Jodde73
Last edited by Jodde73; May 29, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 08:35 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
fwiw I am using one of these... I asked a friend of mine (Colin) to design a multiwii board and gave him the specs and this Quadrino is what he came up with. It's far better than any of the arduino multiwii boards I have used to date... works great and it's an open source design. Witespy has been doing a great job of supporting them.

yay
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old May 29, 2011, 08:50 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
fwiw I am using one of these... I asked a friend of mine (Colin) to design a multiwii board and gave him the specs and this Quadrino is what he came up with. It's far better than any of the arduino multiwii boards I have used to date... works great and it's an open source design. Witespy has been doing a great job of supporting them.

yay
I got my QuadRino board based on how Tom liked his. I did manage to break mine...user issue, not the board. I used larger standoffs and star lock washers to mount it. I think my larger standoffs caused/could have caused shorting between ground and some nearby vias (test points).

My board suffered a quick death after I first mounted it. Colin took it back and found a blown diode. He replaced the diode and test flew it with no problems. He sent it back and I blew the diode after mounting it again. That's when I found the issue was my mounting hardware. I think what caused the diode blowing problem was the star washers that were larger in diameter than the mounting pads, thus dug into the PCB covering and shorting traces. Luckily Colin sent me some spare diodes, so I replaced the same one that originally blew and got the board fully working again. I now use nylon washers and smaller mount hardware so as to not induce any more user issues. Now if the darn wind would stop blowing so I can do something other than just hover it in my garage!
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2011, 09:26 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodde73 View Post
Hi! Got the ADV version. Worked ok in GUI Conf 1_7 first time.
Changed to + mode in 1_7 and uploaded. After that the orange led keeps on blinking.
Got contact in Conf but no gyroreadings, and the orange led keeps on blinking.
It can read the boards settings but nunchuk and acc is red (off).
What do I do wrong?
Does it need some special code?
/ J

did you do these changes to the stock code?

The following steps were made to prepare the stock MultiWii code for the Quadrino ADV board:

1. Define your appropriate MINTHROTTLE depending on your ESCs
2. Choose multicopter mode: TRI, QUADP, QUADX, Y4, Y6, HEX6, HEX6X
3. Enable 400kHz i2c mode (I2C_SPEED = 4000000L)
4. Enable the following config defines:
ITG3200
BMA180
BMP085
HMC5883
5. Uncomment MOTOR_STOP. (This is our recommended setting.)
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 29, 2011, 09:36 PM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
296 Posts
Thanx a lot!
Jodde73 is offline Find More Posts by Jodde73
Old May 29, 2011, 11:00 PM
Joined Oct 2009
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
did you do these changes to the stock code?

The following steps were made to prepare the stock MultiWii code for the Quadrino ADV board:

1. Define your appropriate MINTHROTTLE depending on your ESCs
2. Choose multicopter mode: TRI, QUADP, QUADX, Y4, Y6, HEX6, HEX6X
3. Enable 400kHz i2c mode (I2C_SPEED = 4000000L)
4. Enable the following config defines:
ITG3200
BMA180
BMP085
HMC5883
5. Uncomment MOTOR_STOP. (This is our recommended setting.)
Witespy these are not defined in my warthox 2.0 board I bought from you. I've been asking you which of these I should define. I do not know if my board is using the official wii boards or the clones. I sent you a detailed email regarding this. You said everything looked good, but it seems some of the sensors are not enabled. My I2C_speed is set to 100000L.
aerorotor is offline Find More Posts by aerorotor
Old May 29, 2011, 11:31 PM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,693 Posts
Is it normal for there to be a clicking from the board?