Cheers,

Sander.
Pm me they are going FAST !!!!
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2011, 11:02 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,185 Posts
I just can't seem to get mine working like I want on my 550. I pulled mine off and put my wm+ warthox board back on with the original default settings on codebase V1_pre7. Stable hover with no wobble and forward flight was smooth and controlled. I just don't know what to do but send it back to have it checked out. I was really excited about getting LEVEL and MAG functionality for FPV flying, but its just not flyable even LOS.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old May 26, 2011, 09:17 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
I really want to like the Quadrino controller but so far all my tests have been not that good. I get oscillation at the stock P=4 I= .030 and D = 15 settings.

I have to lower my P down to 2.8 right now and I still have oscillation. I tried it on four different frames. On a couple of the frames I just pulled off the MultiWii board with WMP gyros and put on the Quadrino. They started oscillating. As soon as I put the Wii board back they flew perfectly fine again.

I also ordered a ITG3200 gyro and tried to built a board with the MultiWii naked board and the Flyduino. Couldn't get it going at all properly. Finally I trashed it when I de-soldered it one time too many. As soon as I put on the WMP gyro everything worked again.

I wonder if the culprit is the ITG3200 gyro on the Quadrino board.
PM Sent. Got a question for you.
Old May 26, 2011, 05:39 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,555 Posts
Its like christmas over here.

Thats an arduino which will be going on my VC-20-450 and the Fiberglass Jakub frame will get the Paris Multiwiicopter or maybe the FY90Q.

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards FY90Q, I never got a chance to get it running right with my guai before it died a horrible death. I'm pretty sure it makes sense to put the Jakub Gimbal on my VC-20-450 but I dunno.

The Candy is a nice touch! Jakubs cool.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old May 27, 2011, 06:51 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Ok, new mystery here...

I have everything hooked up. On the GUI, everything is reading fine (left rear motor isn't spinning up correctly, but I think I know how to fix that.)

When I input controls from the tx, the motors react correctly, left input the right ones spool up, left input the right ones, etc.

Now, when I have throttle on, and all four are spinning, if I roll left, the right motors spin up, which would cause a flip.

How do I fix this?
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old May 27, 2011, 09:29 AM
Joined Feb 2011
647 Posts
MultiWiiConf1_7 and Apple OS X

Thought I would pass along this information for those that want to use MultiWiiConf to configure the Quadrino board. If anyone has new information, or suggestions, please let me know and I can update this posting.

Good luck!

Regards,
John

Arduino software
http://arduino.cc/en/

Data sheet and information for Quadrino board
http://www.declspec.com/quadrino-datasheet.pdf

Configuration help
http://www.multiwii.com/?page_id=104

First

You will need the USB virtual comm port drivers. You can get that here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Virtual COM port (VCP) drivers cause the USB device to appear as an additional COM port available to the PC. Application software can access the USB device in the same way as it would access a standard COM port.

The .dmg file contains 2 installer packages for OS X: one for 10.3 and for one for 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. The installer will notify you of a successful install.

Second

Get the MultiWiiConf config app from here: http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/so...se/#svn%2Ftags

There are instructions for setting up the MultiWiiConf applicaton for OS X:

This application was created on Windows, which does not
properly support setting files as "executable",
a necessity for applications on Mac OS X.

To fix this, use the Terminal on Mac OS X, and from this
directory, type the following:

chmod +x MultiWiiConf1_7.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

Third

Plug in the Quadrino board to a powered USB port on your Mac using a mini-USB connector (you may have one from a digital camera).

The blue LED will light up on the Quadrino board and the orange status light will blink a bit.

Launch MultiWiiConf1_7...after it loads, select TTY.US~600EZUF as the comm port (see attached image below; left side, green area near top). The orange status light on the Quadrino will blink again.

Press Start and you will see the TX and RX lights start to flash. A graph with lines of different colors will start to be drawn (these are from the different sensors). Press Read to get the current board settings.

If you move the board around you will see the lines in the graph start to move...these are the sensor outputs. The graph will continue to scroll to your left as the data are displayed.
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
Last edited by jpsabo; May 28, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:12 AM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
My ADV has just arrived and all looks very good. Just before I start to work in this, just wondering if it would be possible to have the default .pde file so that firstly we have aloways got a fall back config, and in may case can select the right options when editing another .pde for a different flight mode (in my case I want to go hexa X).

Yes we probably can work it all out, just seemd like a nice idea at the time .

Just a thought, Mike.
IWCoburg is online now Find More Posts by IWCoburg
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2011, 11:37 AM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWCoburg View Post
My ADV has just arrived and all looks very good. Just before I start to work in this, just wondering if it would be possible to have the default .pde file so that firstly we have aloways got a fall back config, and in may case can select the right options when editing another .pde for a different flight mode (in my case I want to go hexa X).

Yes we probably can work it all out, just seemd like a nice idea at the time .

Just a thought, Mike.
At minimum, a list of every parameter setting in the .pde that is not at the default value would be nice....

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old May 27, 2011, 12:29 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60 View Post
At minimum, a list of every parameter setting in the .pde that is not at the default value would be nice....

Doug
Agreed +1
Old May 27, 2011, 01:14 PM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
610 Posts
I had the same thought the other day, I was hoping to be able to access / download the PDE file from the board to see what settings were on / off but didn't see that option. So I ended up just going through a PDE file I had from my previous board and changed the settings that I thought needed changing, so far it's working, but I was still thinking it would be nice to have the original PDE file as a backup.

Also, with my previous board I set Arduino to Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5v, 16mhz) w/ ATMega 328, is that still the correct setting for the new ADV board?
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
Old May 27, 2011, 02:13 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,269 Posts
I have two AVD boards up for grabs. shipping now they will fo fast. PM me if you would like one.

I will update the main page with all this information ..

The following steps were made to prepare the stock MultiWii code for the Quadrino ADV board:

1. Define your appropriate MINTHROTTLE depending on your ESCs
2. Choose multicopter mode: TRI, QUADP, QUADX, Y4, Y6, HEX6, HEX6X
3. Enable 400kHz i2c mode (I2C_SPEED = 4000000L)
4. Enable the following config defines:
ITG3200
BMA180
BMP085
HMC5883
5. Uncomment MOTOR_STOP. (This is our recommended setting.)
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; May 27, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old May 27, 2011, 06:15 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
I have two AVD boards up for grabs. shipping now they will fo fast. PM me if you would like one.

I will update the main page with all this information ..

The following steps were made to prepare the stock MultiWii code for the Quadrino ADV board:

1. Define your appropriate MINTHROTTLE depending on your ESCs
2. Choose multicopter mode: TRI, QUADP, QUADX, Y4, Y6, HEX6, HEX6X
3. Enable 400kHz i2c mode (I2C_SPEED = 4000000L)
4. Enable the following config defines:
ITG3200
BMA180
BMP085
HMC5883
5. Uncomment MOTOR_STOP. (This is our recommended setting.)

Some might find this helpful...

How to Use Multi Wii Sketch (3 min 21 sec)
Old May 27, 2011, 06:18 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
whitespy,

Ok, new mystery here...

I have everything hooked up. On the GUI, everything is reading fine.

When I input controls from the tx, the motors react correctly, left input the right ones spool up, left input the right ones, etc.

Now, when I have throttle on, and all four are spinning, if I roll left, the right motors spin up, which would cause a flip.

How do I fix this?
Old May 27, 2011, 06:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
647 Posts
Loading .pde file to Quadrino

Hi Matt -
Should the .pde file become available, how is it loaded to the board? That's one piece of the puzzle I haven't been able to find.
Thanks,
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchase View Post
I had the same thought the other day, I was hoping to be able to access / download the PDE file from the board to see what settings were on / off but didn't see that option. So I ended up just going through a PDE file I had from my previous board and changed the settings that I thought needed changing, so far it's working, but I was still thinking it would be nice to have the original PDE file as a backup.

Also, with my previous board I set Arduino to Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5v, 16mhz) w/ ATMega 328, is that still the correct setting for the new ADV board?
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
Old May 27, 2011, 07:42 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
There's an upload button in the program shown in the video I just posted.