HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:08 AM
Altamonte Springs, Fl.
Joined Nov 2010
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
Dialfonzo: Good call! I downloaded the 1.7 and it worked just fine. I had seen that before but there was no DL, and the file szie shosed as zero. This time I just clicked "view raw file" and that gave me the DL option.
Gave the wifey a nice red wine and she was happy!....lol

Ok, I read the part above and tried that and I now have it!!! Not intuative, but it does work once you trip over it

Now I can start working on the setup to replace the Gui controller with this one on my Vic20-450 frame
taterb is offline Find More Posts by taterb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2011, 06:21 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,785 Posts
Good to know you it's working now..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:30 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterb View Post
Ok, I read the part above and tried that and I now have it!!! Not intuative, but it does work once you trip over it

Now I can start working on the setup to replace the Gui controller with this one on my Vic20-450 frame
Yeah, I had the same problems when trying to download the files. I kept getting a 'to big to display' message. When I finally clicked on 'view file' I got the download option. Certainly not intuitive, but now that I know how to work it, it works fine.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:49 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
DON'T BE DUMB LIKE ME!

So, there I was, thinking I was smart. I downloaded the patch, and went to upload it to the board.

When I finished, I loaded up the GUI, and nothing. It was like my accelerometers and gyros were gone.

I went back to 1_7, still nothing.

I loaded up another board, that died too!

Then I lucked out and stumbled on an old post from whitespy. I somehow removed all of the settings that tells the board to recognize the gyros and stuff.

I followed Paul's simple directions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy
The following steps were made to prepare the stock MultiWii code for the Quadrino ADV board:

1. Define your appropriate MINTHROTTLE depending on your ESCs
2. Choose multicopter mode: TRI, QUADP, QUADX, Y4, Y6, HEX6, HEX6X
3. Enable 400kHz i2c mode (I2C_SPEED = 4000000L)
4. Enable the following config defines:
ITG3200
BMA180
BMP085
HMC5883
5. Uncomment MOTOR_STOP. (This is our recommended setting.)
and presto, it was working again.

Warning, for the "simple ESC's" I found the default throttle settings way too high. I got down to about 1080 and it quit spinning up upon activation, and went back to working properly.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:47 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,197 Posts
Is there any particular trick to switching over to 1.8 from 1.7. I don't want to lose my default settings. I ran 1.7 and did a screen capture just in case.

Rained yesterday:made beer
Today: 20 mph winds = indoor heli work!
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Sep 18, 2011, 04:01 PM
Slovakia
Joined Oct 2008
212 Posts
Heloo Guys,

today I mounted ESC's and engines and tested each individually. Everything OK. Then I connected board with stock settings this way:

All BEC cables + - signal to the board
From RX THO + - signal to the board
Rest P Y R only signal cable from RX to board

ECS's play music as a normal after power battery is connected, but nothing happens afterthere. My friend persuated me, that I must also connect ground (black cable) if I want to send signal from RX to board. What I made wrong?

Board seems to be OK, blue power led in on, status orange led is flashing. But Mt AR6200 RX is flashing, normally it should be solid light. I used Turnigy Plush 30A ESC.

Thanks
googie is offline Find More Posts by googie
Old Sep 18, 2011, 04:34 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,269 Posts
I had a good time with my Vic20 450 and QuadRino board today. I'm starting to build up my confidence and was zip'n (okay, it was zip'n enough for me at least) back and forth. Great time. I got a little carried away and botch a low, high bank turn...broke a prop. Darn...oh well, that's why I bough plenty of spares.

Witespy...just sent you an e-mail. I'd like to get two sets of your orange 10x4.5 props. Please let me know the shipping so I can PP you. Thanks.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:40 AM
North Sweden
Joined Jun 2007
595 Posts
Is it normal to be able to arm the board with both sticks ? Mine does.... And i still have issues with the FC making the quad/hexa yaw randomly. Have tried on 5 frames and same issue on all frames
cyberdog is offline Find More Posts by cyberdog
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:43 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdog View Post
Is it normal to be able to arm the board with both sticks ? Mine does.... And i still have issues with the FC making the quad/hexa yaw randomly. Have tried on 5 frames and same issue on all frames
For the "Arming" Yes.. it is made that way
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:58 AM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
For the "Arming" Yes.. it is made that way
where do I find the procedure that explains the arming...and is this all quadrino boards work..cause mine is run on a futaba receiver..
I've noticed that most of the instructions are set to the "standard setup of a spectrum receiver and radio...

tkx
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:01 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJoe View Post
where do I find the procedure that explains the arming...and is this all quadrino boards work..cause mine is run on a futaba receiver..
I've noticed that most of the instructions are set to the "standard setup of a spectrum receiver and radio...

tkx
http://www.multiwii.com/
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:11 AM
Slovakia
Joined Oct 2008
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie View Post
Heloo Guys,

today I mounted ESC's and engines and tested each individually. Everything OK. Then I connected board with stock settings this way:

All BEC cables + - signal to the board
From RX THO + - signal to the board
Rest P Y R only signal cable from RX to board

ECS's play music as a normal after power battery is connected, but nothing happens afterthere. My friend persuated me, that I must also connect ground (black cable) if I want to send signal from RX to board. What I made wrong?

Board seems to be OK, blue power led in on, status orange led is flashing. But Mt AR6200 RX is flashing, normally it should be solid light. I used Turnigy Plush 30A ESC.

Thanks
I checked everything again, now RX has a solid light, I checked cables, added ground to Y R P. Still nothing. ECS play standard melody, but throttle does nothing with engines. I also checked THRO cable, it is OK.

Did I miss something? Some procedure? I thought that board is RTF with standard settings.

Thanks for help
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:14 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie View Post
I checked everything again, now RX has a solid light, I checked cables, added ground to Y R P. Still nothing. ECS play standard melody, but throttle does nothing with engines. I also checked THRO cable, it is OK.

Did I miss something? Some procedure? I thought that board is RTF with standard settings.

Thanks for help
Your not supposed to plug all BEC +
Only one +
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:50 AM
Slovakia
Joined Oct 2008
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Your not supposed to plug all BEC +
Only one +
Someone wrote here, that it doesnt matter. OK I cutted three BEC,s and left only one.

Still the same. Status LED is flashing with in second interval. RX has solid light. I also set TRAVELS 125% on me DX6 radio according to video from first page.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:53 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,785 Posts
Could you show PrintScreen of you GUI

To the board:
All ESC should have negative and signal wire hook to the controller and only one have the + to the board.

To the Receiver:
Complete wire + - and signal to throttle
then you can wire all other signal only.
RCG Plus Member