HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:38 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
I have never try a tri.
Is the Yaw effective all the time, or only when motors are armed?
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:41 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
Ok, turns out I had things where they were supposed to be, from the sounds of it.

I am just getting no response from the tail servo.
Are you putting a separate power source to the servo?
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
I have never try a tri.
On my tri (not QuadRino controlled) the yaw servo is always active. When I arm/disarm the board the servo moves along with the rudder stick. I'd assume this is standard behavior on other boards too.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Quote:
I have never try a tri.
The servo is active as long as the board has power and the servo has power. The motors do not need to be armed.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:47 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Too bad... that was not the problem.

Do you have a spare servo or esc you can plug there to validate the signal?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Quote:
Too bad... that was not the problem.

Do you have a spare servo or esc you can plug there to validate the signal?
Are you putting separate power to the servo? The servo is not getting power from the flight controller.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:55 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
Are you putting separate power to the servo? The servo is not getting power from the flight controller.
Ahhh

let me go fix that.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Sep 05, 2011, 10:15 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
For those having Auto-Level 'drift' problems with the QuadRino and v1.8, give the 1.8dev code a try (Alex posted a link to it several posts back). I've tried it on my quad over the last couple of days and it seems to act just fine. I flew forward in Acro and switched to Autolevel and the nose would tilt up to stop the forward flight and then drift back a little, then it would level out and hold pretty well. Same results with sideways flight. Let Alex know your results. Probably the more folks who can test/verify this will help Alex pinpoint the issue in 1.8. Oh, for the dev code, you do need to uncomment the line about v1.7 stabilization and I recommend removing the 2* out of the 2*rcCommand line...both in the main PDE file...as well as set the other configs properly for the QuadRino board.
I'm confused, when you uncomment the line aren't going back to 1.7 version of auto level? Why run 1.8 if you are using 1.7's code for autolevel (or is 1.8 normal mode much better also?)?
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Sep 05, 2011, 10:37 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,045 Posts
Power to the servo seems to make a difference.

Got a couple test hops in the living room. The wife wasn't happy, until she noticed it was blowing the hard to reach dog hair out from under the couch and recliner.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 01:53 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
I'm confused, when you uncomment the line aren't going back to 1.7 version of auto level? Why run 1.8 if you are using 1.7's code for autolevel (or is 1.8 normal mode much better also?)?
1.8 normal mode much better

yes
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Sep 06, 2011, 01:58 AM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Quote:
The V1.8 software seems to be much more stable with the ITG3200 gyros in acro mode. So far I have no major problem with the V1.8 patch 1 auto level but the V1.7 auto level is very smooth.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 01:59 AM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
Power to the servo seems to make a difference.

Got a couple test hops in the living room. The wife wasn't happy, until she noticed it was blowing the hard to reach dog hair out from under the couch and recliner.
Exactly, tell her you are cleaning her house.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 08:34 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,045 Posts
Alright, update time.

Did a test flight outside with my quadrino basic set to tri, on a RadicalRC stinger tricopter frame.

I am VERY impressed. It needs some tweaking, but other than that, I liked it better than my quad I think.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 09:32 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,609 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I think other's already answered. Evidently there's a little 'best in both worlds' here. The 1.8 has some improvements, but many reported weird drift issues when in going into auto level after forward flight. The 1.7 auto level didn't seen to suffer from this same drift. I'm forcing myself to learn to fly in Acro mode for 95%+ on my flight and am getting more and more comfortable with it so I don't recall much drift issues with the 1.8 fw. The 'experimenting' I have done with it over the last couple of days doesn't seem to cause me to notice any weirdness, so I'll assume its working fine. Alex was looking for feedback so he can look into the 1.8 code to see why the auto level mode (reportadly) reacts different on some boards.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:35 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Small Quadrino based Quadcopter on it's way..
Problem with vibration right now, i will correct that and give it a first flight..

HighResolution Here
RCG Plus Member