SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:06 AM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinolin View Post
same quadcopter with vs 1.7 didnt have the banking issues in auto. It wasnt as jumpy either. I like the quickness of 1.8. but if it cant maintain level i cant use it for fpv.
Are you using V1.8 or V1.8 Patch 1? V1.8 had auto level issue that V1.8 Patch 1 fixed. If V1.8 didn't fix your problem just go back to V1.7. V1.7 is not a bad firmware. It just doesn't have all the features to deal with the ITG3200 gyros.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:16 AM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Please do not get confused.This is a modification to the code and not a patch.Originally posted by me,and responded to by Alexinparis ,by modifying the code on line 463 in the Multiwii1.8 tab by removing the 2* this will reduce the control authority in autolevel mode.
This will not fix the drifting problem from FF flight unfortunatley
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:47 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,854 Posts
I have no problem of Level with 1.8 on mine...
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2011, 06:04 AM
Sweden, Norrbotten County
Joined Jun 2007
600 Posts
How come if i can fly fine in acro mode and while in the air i switch to stable it leans alot to the left? But if i start with stable mode it stays level... Have basicly no trim on the tx.
cyberdog is offline Find More Posts by cyberdog
Last edited by cyberdog; Sep 02, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 07:53 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,854 Posts
BUT:
I ain't switch from Acro to Stable. Always in stable mode...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:25 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
BUT:
I ain't switch from Acro to Stable. Always in stable mode...
The complaint on the 1.8 drift seems to come from flight in Acro mode and then switching over to level mode. If you're staying in level mode then you may not notice any issues.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:28 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,496 Posts
[QUOTE=SeismicCWave;19207237Go to Home Depot and get some towel rack replacement square tubes. They are shiny aluminum and light weight.[/QUOTE]

I did this with the arms for a flat hex I'm working on. Those tubs will deform if you over tighten them. I ended up putting trimming down and fitting in some sq wood 'plugs' in the outer arm ends to help secure the motors as my motors have the mounts screwed into the tubing and they wouldn't stay flat with each other. I'm thinking of moving over to a 'pinch' mount for the motors. Either way, the wood plug on the arm ends should prevent the tubes from deforming.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:35 AM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
611 Posts
I also used some Home Depot towel rack tubes, they do work but as Vantasstic said they will deform because they have a very thin wall thickness. I even had some of them bend a little just from drilling the holes in them. I ended up abandoning them because of this, though I didn't try putting any supports inside of them.

The towel rack tubes are only 1/32" thick, if you look online you can find square tubes that are 1/16" thickness which are still very lightweight but will hold up much better. I don't remember if Home Depot had square tubes 1/16" thick in the hardware section, my local Home Depot is on the smaller side and doesn't carry as much as some others do.
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:41 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchase View Post
I also used some Home Depot towel rack tubes, they do work but as Vantasstic said they will deform because they have a very thin wall thickness. I even had some of them bend a little just from drilling the holes in them. I ended up abandoning them because of this, though I didn't try putting any supports inside of them.

The towel rack tubes are only 1/32" thick, if you look online you can find square tubes that are 1/16" thickness which are still very lightweight but will hold up much better. I don't remember if Home Depot had square tubes 1/16" thick in the hardware section, my local Home Depot is on the smaller side and doesn't carry as much as some others do.
We have a larger Home Depot and they didn't have anything in the hardware side that would work other than some U-tube. My Hex arms are short so I'll try the towel rack arms first. If they bend up then I'll try either wood or go with thicker wall aluminum tubes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:44 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
The complaint on the 1.8 drift seems to come from flight in Acro mode and then switching over to level mode. If you're staying in level mode then you may not notice any issues.
Yes, that's exacly what i was thinking...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:23 AM
Joined Oct 2010
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari View Post
Please do not get confused.This is a modification to the code and not a patch.Originally posted by me,and responded to by Alexinparis ,by modifying the code on line 463 in the Multiwii1.8 tab by removing the 2* this will reduce the control authority in autolevel mode.
This will not fix the drifting problem from FF flight unfortunatley
thanks for your reply.
rollinolin is offline Find More Posts by rollinolin
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:24 AM
Joined Oct 2010
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
not entirely true.

if you stay in auto mode without ever switching to acro, the quad will again lose level and bank one way or the other.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:25 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinolin View Post
not entirely true.

if you stay in auto mode without ever switching to acro, the quad will again lose level and bank one way or the other.
Could you tell when it does happen.
Only Hovering .. ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:56 AM
Joined Oct 2010
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Could you tell when it does happen.
Only Hovering .. ?
if hovering only it is fine, but as soon as you reposition the quad a few times it loses level. Its never the same way either. one time it will be banking right, others times it will bank left, forward or back.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:28 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
One thing is for sure. v1.8 is solid in gyro mode for slow forward flight and hovering. But 1.7 was too for me.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus