HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2011, 01:05 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Well, just not sure the radio will just update to have gps function or need a new radio...i think hardware is needed for the radio to have reveiving function.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 01:27 AM
Joined Nov 2010
916 Posts
Hey guys good meeting up with everyone!

Firstly thanks to Divine intervention (or whatever one believes) for holding the weather up nicely. Thanks to those who turned up, especially to those who suggested the site, coach others, took the group shot and bought the rounds of coffee and tea - you know who you are .

Once I was the oldest guy here (btw, have you read the "I'm so old that..." thread in helifreak? Lol) but it's nice to know that this meeting was not about old/young/big/small/expensive/cheap/garang/sissy/etc. - Just as intended. Good knowing you guys. Nice also that those who know stuff are sharing. I'm also still learning .

Looks like we accomplished 3 things today:
1. Recognized new faces to the group
2. Established new flying site
3. Warm up flying & sharing

Based on this I'd like to suggest that we can characterize our meets into:
a. Recce/fly meets at new places (freq: probably one new place every 2-4 weeks).
b. fly meets at known/preferred spots (freq: anytime anyone is free and wants to meet up and fly).

I'd suggested recce meets to be every 2-4 weeks with the intention that most of us can make it to see a new place, and that subsequent visits can be "own time own target".

Having said this let's see how it goes with our respective schedules. We've got each others' contacts so keep in touch. In the meantime anyone with a proposition for another spot feel free to email or whatsapp it (time for me to get it today). Also any constructive comments welcome.

Happy flying guys!
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
Old Dec 03, 2011, 01:37 AM
Joined Nov 2010
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Well, just not sure the radio will just update to have gps function or need a new radio...i think hardware is needed for the radio to have reveiving function.
I'm guessing that amongst other enhancements for normal use, ergonomics, etc. Walkera also integrated a telemetry system into their radios with the higher models of their DEVO range which is probably why they "moved on" from their already reliable 2801pro range.

Most likely the GPS functions are mainly on the GPS transmitter on the quad. The tx as a receiver for information is just a display which means that it is likely that they can just project a graphic of an arrow on the RC tx display to show the heading back, but we'll see what Walkera can think of.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:15 AM
Joined Nov 2011
32 Posts
Yes! I enjoyed myself today. Happy that you guys helped identify the vibration problem. Bearing was changed n the baby is flying better now.
On divine part, I believe in divine appointment, we met up and the weather held up for us. A good start, looking forward to next fly meeting.

On flying ground, I mentioned about a big open field at TAMPINES that is beside TPE, thick grass though n have to be during dry season as the field can be muddy. I'll check it out again tomorrow n update you guys.

Cheers...
Helijondave is offline Find More Posts by Helijondave
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:05 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Nice!! Really enjoyed it! Looking forward for the next meeting, explore new places and you guys also very informative on the rc heli as i think i am lack of. Well the sky clear out for us today is a good start and we really like having mini heli fare for a moment Enjoyed it thanks guys for showing up!
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:56 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Have you guys seens the post on dh web? Xuen post some photos on it...and he call me "The Researcher" & "Google"
Last edited by OnceAFly; Dec 03, 2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Nov 2010
916 Posts
Now which box was I classified into? Lol... cheeky post at DH!
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:22 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
The smart category box I presume lol
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Nov 2010
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helijondave View Post
Yes! I enjoyed myself today. Happy that you guys helped identify the vibration problem. Bearing was changed n the baby is flying better now.
On divine part, I believe in divine appointment, we met up and the weather held up for us. A good start, looking forward to next fly meeting.

On flying ground, I mentioned about a big open field at TAMPINES that is beside TPE, thick grass though n have to be during dry season as the field can be muddy. I'll check it out again tomorrow n update you guys.

Cheers...
Good to hear that it's flying better. I'd like to see how it flies the next time. Clues me in to checking the bearings on my 450pro the next time.

I think grassy flying ground tends to get kinda stodgy this season. The only good that would come out of it is that it really softens the blow during a crash so damage is minimized - I know from experience . But these places will need field table and Wellington boots if we fly there. Just like the field at the foot of my apt blk.

Places with a nice flat areas to land/take-off would be great - like today's place. Thanks for taking a look... and looking forward to your take on that place in TP.
Last edited by nese; Dec 03, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 04:30 PM
Joined Nov 2011
32 Posts
Nese,
Remember you mention about take-off pad, something on it. I am thinking of getting some plywood or hardboards to make a foldable heli. So if we can't find any hard grounds, at least the boards can be used as level take-off points. The entanglements by grass can cause unnecessary damage to our blade. Happens to me at least twice.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 04:34 PM
Joined Nov 2011
32 Posts
I mean foldable heli pad....
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:14 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Hey is this what you guys talking about ytd?
Pt 1, Build an Electric Heli Training/Test Stand. (10 min 1 sec)
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:29 PM
Joined Nov 2011
32 Posts
The young man in our group posted our photos on Teamdaddy forum.......
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:49 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Ya thought someone said to keep discreet about it....and ck said it not to shoot him and yet better still not only shoot but posted on web!
Old Dec 04, 2011, 04:14 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Hey guys, thank you for the awesome time yesterday morning. You all helped me soo much in support, encouragement, knowledge, friendship, and great time. Also the most important thing for me,, YES i bring home my baby in one piece! Thats the ultimate goal for each session, right?

Helijondave, send my regards to ck... Owe him big time for his guidence.

Btw, what time you guys left the field?
What did i missed aftr i left early?
jo3natan is offline Find More Posts by jo3natan