Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:09 PM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
hello all,

Merry Christmas!
Update on the build..

nese, can you whatsapp me again? My phone went bonkers and had to be replced and lost all new numbers in the last 6mths.
Jonatan, pls whatsapp or sms me.. Thanks..
prodriverex is offline Find More Posts by prodriverex
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gimball Drone
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Woah... Looks a bit different. And Merry Christmas! Have mssged you.
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:19 AM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
Hi guys, i think we are ready to test flight the skyjib without the gimbal this sun.
Onceafly, can you help me out with the WKM setup? Its all wired up. I can email you the list of std setting i done so far with it. If you free tmr or on sun, you can take a look and advise.

What time is good? Prefer old holland road.. Less ants! Lol..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:05 AM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
Genius CP

Hi OnceAFly, nese, and SGDrifty,

I found this thread today >>> there is indeed a RC heli group in Singapore.
OK, first some background info.
I had some months of flying with a 3 channel heli. Then itchy head, thought of getting something more exciting. So, I started surfing the net to see what is suitable. At first, I was thinking of getting a 4 channel FP. But then, looking at RC711 and Helipal sites, showing, how easy it is to fly this heli, especially with the 6 axis. In fact, 6 axis flying is touted as "for beginner". Another point, this heli is also "good to be abused", suitable for newbie.

Man ! How wrong I was.
That weekend after I got my package from RC711, I started to fly with 6 axis setting (red light). Up the throttle, once the bird left the ground, it is a beast flying everywhere, impossible to control. Emailed to RC711 and do some check up on the internet. Somebody commented that the vibration from the main rotor is sending confusing inputs to the receiver, causing the heli to self correct this way or that way, wrongly. There were even some videos showing how to modify the foam pad where the receiver is sitting, to cut off those unwanted vibration. RC711 recommends that I fly with 3 axis. RC711 also emphasixed that the binding process in very important, must be done on a level surface. So, I did that.

Chapter 2 with 3 axis setting. Same problem. Though the heli is not as crazy/uncontrollable as before. Another new problem, even at full throttle, the bird just refused to lift off. Now, I think maybe I need to look at the radio setting. Mine comes with a Walkera Devo 7 radio. Someone calls is Devil 7, because the menu is hard to navigate.

Damage so far, none yet.
The main rotor edges has some rubbing marks. The tail rotor came off once, but it was easy to just fix it back. The main gear came off twice, just as easy to press it back. The canopy is also cracked, and I patches in up with tapes. The last I did some check up, the bird is still in order, swash plate is still OK to level, etc.

I NEED HELP.
This morning I finally found this thread. My hope is just to get my GCP flying, just some simple flying. In the meantime, after reading so many postings, I think maybe it is not a bad idea to get a 4 channel FP heli, just for practicing. If any of you guys has a old FP bird you would like to get rid of, please let me know.

Hope to hear form you guys, or PMs from you guys.

Thanks in advance, and
Happy New Year !
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:12 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,357 Posts
I just noticed the "Maps" section in this forum. Go over there and zoom into Singapore. You should find many local sites for flying and meet ups.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/maps.php
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:29 PM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
Its funny. Didnt know SGH can be a place to fly..
I have a question on the 5km radius no fly zone from airbases.. how to define the point of centre? Or 5km around the perimeter?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:30 AM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Hi,

Glad to find this group.
Been flying for close to 9 months, started off with toy grade coaxial. But also played with my friend's nine eagle pro solo. Had no problem with hovering.

Been meaning to take a step up and have been searching and asking around.
Is there any hobby shop in Singapore that will be recommended?
Am looking to get a blade 120SR or mCPx by blade as well.(kind of have a liking for blade)

Any opinion will be helpful.

Thanks
FlyerWhiteWing is offline Find More Posts by FlyerWhiteWing
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:05 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
@ karhar,

I can help you with the gcp as i have one too! I can help you gcp up and running in no time. we fly weekly so will pm u the location if interested.

@FlyerWhiteWing
Hi No don't get the mcpx, its an old model and with some problem...go search around this forum and you'll know. Go get ncpx if you like blade's heli. But again...best is to get a 4ch heli for learning orientation and a simulator. You can come joint us flying on weekends to learn more or before you decided to buy anything Lots of advice too!
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:15 AM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Eventually my dream is to fly the blade 450 3D with DX6i. So am wondering whether is it worth it to buy a separate dx6i and a btf kit for the bird. Any opinion for the 120 sr?
FlyerWhiteWing is offline Find More Posts by FlyerWhiteWing
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:40 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Any reason why the blade 450? parts not easy get and very ex...prefer you get align 450 part available everywhere and cheaper, Tarot also not bad and also compatible with align parts. Don't waste your money on blade 120sr...you may wanna consider WLToy V911 best 4ch around. Same advice to karhar if you want a 4ch heli, very durable and easy control and most important is very affordable price.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:46 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
273 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm new here, a real noob in RC stuff. Was very kindly introduced by Jonathan to join y'all! Hope you all can help me out when I run into problems... By the way, can I join your flying at woodlands area? Just look and see, I won't bring my heli haha. Thanks!
perdification is offline Find More Posts by perdification
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:20 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Happy New Year!

@ Karhar and FlyerWhiteWing, the stories of starting with coax certainly brings back recent memories... but it's the beginning of lots of fun possibilities

IMO progression-wise a 4ch single rotor is smoothest transition from a 2 or 3 or 4 ch coax. And these days they're a fair bit more affordable, like with the V911 that OnceAFly mentioned. In any case try to aim for something that would give you more stick time (i.e. durable and efficient) for the dollar according to where you are on the learning curve for what you want to do then upgrade when your skills call for it.

Karhar, FlyerWhiteWing & perdification, you're welcome to join us. Just look n see is perfectly fine. We're a social group after all. Just get together appreciate the countless amount of stuff out there, relax and fly, don't shy
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:26 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nese View Post
Happy New Year!

@ Karhar and FlyerWhiteWing, the stories of starting with coax certainly brings back recent memories... but it's the beginning of lots of fun possibilities

IMO progression-wise a 4ch single rotor is smoothest transition from a 2 or 3 or 4 ch coax. And these days they're a fair bit more affordable, like with the V911 that OnceAFly mentioned. In any case try to aim for something that would give you more stick time (i.e. durable and efficient) for the dollar according to where you are on the learning curve for what you want to do then upgrade when your skills call for it.

Karhar, FlyerWhiteWing & perdification, you're welcome to join us. Just look n see is perfectly fine. We're a social group after all. Just get together appreciate the countless amount of stuff out there, relax and fly, don't shy
When is the next session that y'all are getting together? I would like to come.
perdification is offline Find More Posts by perdification