HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:36 AM
Joined Nov 2010
915 Posts
Yes, welcome! Now we are 3 interested parties. Time to organize a small meet of novices

Tentative Agenda:
- Introductions
- Personal Heli Interests, etc.
- General matters
- Discuss interest in forming a new informal heli 'club' (activities, etc.)
- Any other matters

Feel free to comment/add onto the agenda. We can meet over some makan and drinks and don't really have to fly at our meet, but we all have a small one we can bring along and stretch some blades

You guys game?
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:03 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Ya just let me know when and where bro!
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:13 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
absolutely! wohooo.... finaly i have a friend! i've started with FP single rotor since last august with no friend, now im gonna start my first CP with you guys.
jo3natan is offline Find More Posts by jo3natan
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:19 AM
Joined Nov 2010
915 Posts
Inaugural Meeting for Group of Novice Singapore Heli Pilots

Ok great! There are only 3 of us so here are some options to put on the table before we go into PM mode to discuss in more detail:

A) Timings: (For outdoor flights early mornings tend to be better as the weather is normally

i - Weekday evening after classes or work (yup, I gotta go to work. Afterall it does pay the hobby bill ), perhaps this Friday evening 18 Nov 2011?

ii - Weekend on Sat or Sunday (I vote for Sunday as Saturday from 9am onwards I have to catch up on home admin with the family - supermarket, kid's classes, etc. Another good thing about Sunday is that some places, e.g. in the heartlands there is free parking). If I fly on Saturdays it's normally an hour or so from around 7-7.30am. I know guys who run off at 5am for golf in JB so this is nothing.

B) Location: (This really depends on whether we are mobile).

PM me on whether you have your own transport and a possible location and we will narrow down on a place to meet for the weekend.

Any suggestions or preferences for timings please...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:29 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nese View Post
Ok great! There are only 3 of us so here are some options to put on the table before we go into PM mode to discuss in more detail:

A) Timings: (For outdoor flights early mornings tend to be better as the weather is normally

i - Weekday evening after classes or work (yup, I gotta go to work. Afterall it does pay the hobby bill ), perhaps this Friday evening 18 Nov 2011?

ii - Weekend on Sat or Sunday (I vote for Sunday as Saturday from 9am onwards I have to catch up on home admin with the family - supermarket, kid's classes, etc. Another good thing about Sunday is that some places, e.g. in the heartlands there is free parking). If I fly on Saturdays it's normally an hour or so from around 7-7.30am. I know guys who run off at 5am for golf in JB so this is nothing.

B) Location: (This really depends on whether we are mobile).

PM me on whether you have your own transport and a possible location and we will narrow down on a place to meet for the weekend.

Any suggestions or preferences for timings please...
For timing, im not available until early dec as i dont have any heli at the moment and i got final paper until 30th nov. dec onwards im on for saturday morning, before 1030

Place, i prefer not too far from Toa Payoh as i will take public transport. will follow the majority.

-joe-
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:56 AM
Joined Nov 2010
915 Posts
Ok. Noted with thanks. PMs gone out to you.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:07 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I'm fine with location just let me know where, as for timing let me know and i'll try to make it avaible on that day as i may be working
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:04 AM
Joined Nov 2010
915 Posts
Thanks. Got your PM. Will wait for Jo3natan's response before deciding time and place... stay tuned

Even if it is a couple of weeks, in the meantime happy flying
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:32 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
My heli is grounded for now due to motor issue, waiting for my replacement motor for now...no fly for me till new one get here.. enjoy your flying and no hurry about it guys. Just let me know when you guys are free, don't rush to enjoy your life but enjoy the rush on the heli lol afterall this is a hobby! It help you relex, not the other way round Hobby suppose to be fun Take your time guys
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Nov 2010
915 Posts
Yup, no problem. No pressure

Hope you get your parts soon to be back up in the air
Last edited by nese; Nov 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:07 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Hey guys, sorry off topic for a moment.
Im looking for a good balance charger powered via AC source. Do you think G.T. Hobbies A606-D that rotor shop have worth to buy? My battery gonna be 2200mah 25/30C.
If not, what is your suggestion? Budget $100max Thx in advance.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:25 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3natan View Post
Hey guys, sorry off topic for a moment.
Im looking for a good balance charger powered via AC source. Do you think G.T. Hobbies A606-D that rotor shop have worth to buy? My battery gonna be 2200mah 25/30C.
If not, what is your suggestion? Budget $100max Thx in advance.
OMG $105 for this...way too exepensive man...
Go get imax B6 the function are mostly the same and it work perfectly for around S$50

It can charge many types of battery, you can set current and volts you like and its easy to set.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:50 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
OMG $105 for this...way too exepensive man...
Go get imax B6 the function are mostly the same and it work perfectly for around S$50

It can charge many types of battery, you can set current and volts you like and its easy to set.
bro, where i can get imax b6 S$50? jet hobby have a few with slightly diff in price. check out this link..

- http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...13&idx=1&gid=7

- http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...=show&pid=2743

- http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...=show&pid=3120
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:04 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Here u go..
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/imax-b6...-us-plug-35190
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:00 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Awesome deal!! Thx for the lobang how long it takes to reach your door step?