SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by AeroVideoUS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 12, 2011, 01:40 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,663 Posts
Discussion
First Test Video

Here is the first video from my Hoverfly Pro mounted on my new x468 frame. The vibration isolation seems to work well. This is with the Hoverfly Pro set at a 50% gain in my Dx8 radio. No tweaks or adjustments yet, right out of the box so to speak : D

Just slapped some unbalanced 12x3.8 APC props on there and took it for a flight this evening:

Hoverfly Pro with x468 Frame (5 min 13 sec)
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:44 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2010
63 Posts
Hey Paul

Hey Paul can you look at my hexacopter video and tell me if I need to lower my gain or what. I think I need to lower it it is at 50 and then 60 and then back to 55. It twicthes alot. Sorry about you having to look at my ugly mug.lol

David

http://vimeo.com/40269870
misterfogg is offline Find More Posts by misterfogg
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfogg View Post
Hey Paul can you look at my hexacopter video and tell me if I need to lower my gain or what. I think I need to lower it it is at 50 and then 60 and then back to 55. It twicthes alot. Sorry about you having to look at my ugly mug.lol

David

http://vimeo.com/40269870
Hey David,

No worries on the mug, I think in the video above I tortured others with my ugly mug as well.

I replied to your PM as well but just in case others come across this thread I figured I would answer here as well.

I think you need to calibrate your ESCs one at a time with your Transmitter. Hook one up to the throttle channel of your receiver, unplug everything else from your receiver. With props removed, turn on your transmitter and put the throttle to the max. Then power up your ESC and if it's hooked to a motor you should hear beeps, lower your throttle and the ESC should beep some more. Power down the ESC and move on to the next one.

This calibrates your ESC to the max and min throttle of your radio.

Hope this helps fix your problem.

Paul
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Jun 2010
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
Hey David,

No worries on the mug, I think in the video above I tortured others with my ugly mug as well.

I replied to your PM as well but just in case others come across this thread I figured I would answer here as well.

I think you need to calibrate your ESCs one at a time with your Transmitter. Hook one up to the throttle channel of your receiver, unplug everything else from your receiver. With props removed, turn on your transmitter and put the throttle to the max. Then power up your ESC and if it's hooked to a motor you should hear beeps, lower your throttle and the ESC should beep some more. Power down the ESC and move on to the next one.

Paul
Thanks Paul for all of your help!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Jun 2010
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
Hey David,

Paul
I wish I could grow a beard!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:04 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfogg View Post
I wish I could grow a beard!
Haha! My beard isn't the best but I have it because my face is so round you wouldn't know where it ended otherwise
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:47 AM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
953 Posts
Nice first flight Dave, I just have one question: Which is your shop the big door or the little door? Nice house and landscaping too.
Seriously I have not tried the Hoverfly pro FC but it seems to perform fine. Keep up the blog and the good flying.

Cheers

Batfire
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire