HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by rapyd, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 11, 2011, 09:28 PM
United States, CA, Sun City
Joined Apr 2011
92 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Sold
T-Rex 550 3G FBL (BNF) (Entertaining Offers)(SOLD)

This is my current offering, this is a NEW, politely upgraded, professionally build T-Rex 550 3G FBL version (BNF). I built this helicopter to sell on 05-29-11, itís the newest release kit put out by Align. I enjoy putting in the tedious time it takes to build one right. I really do enjoy offering what many would consider some of the best built and set up helicopters out there. The frame is squared & aligned, everything is loctited & lubed where is supposed to be, the wires are wrapped with high grade PowerBraid wrap. The servos and head arms are set at 90 degrees at mid stick. The collective pitch is at +15/-15 with an amazing cyclic rate. The helicopter has 5 flights on it to make sure itís properly set up and dialed in. It is set up to run on 6S. I have upgraded the anti rotation and tail support with CNC parts and upgraded the tail fins to 90mm for added stability. This thing is steady as a rock but will go from mild to wild in the bang of a stick.

It will ship Priority Mail USPS and should arrive in 3 days, it will have tracking and insurance that you will receive the day it ships. It will ship the day payment is made as long as the post office is open.

When you buy a helicopter from me the transaction doesnít stop at the sale, I will be available all the way thru your first flight or further if needed. My goal is to put out the best built helicopter as possible at an affordable price. This is one bird you will be proud to own. This helicopter was set up on a DX7 and I can provide you with the settings in the form of a spreadsheet with instructions on how to enter them and a copy of the settings will be shipped with the helicopter.

I donít mind giving my time away for almost nothing, right now Iím having fun. Do your homework, Iím not selling this helicopter to take a loss, Iím doing it to make sure you get an awesome bird that is built right because thatís what you deserve ! Check my feedback and my gallery if you get a chance.

I will answer all PMís and appreciate all comments

Asking $990.00 includes PayPal fees and shipping as described above in the CONTUS. If you pick it up locally deduct $65.00

Whatís included:
T-Rex 550 3G CF Airframe
DS610 Cyclic Servos
DS620 Tail Servo
Align 3G Flybarless System w/FL760
Align RCE-BL70G ESC
Align 600MX Brushless Motor
Align CF Main & Tail Blades 90mm
Spektrum AR6200 Receiver w/satellite
The ESC wires were extended to allow battery connection while the canopy is on

Thank You
Dave
raptordave@verizon.net
Comments are appreciated
rapyd is offline Find More Posts by rapyd
Last edited by rapyd; May 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: (SOLD)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2011, 01:58 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,628 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
I have been looking for a 550 and after first glance, I was just going to pass this listing up all together; but since you ask for comments, I will pose my questions and find out what the answers are. If you dont like my questions, feel free to delete this post:

You talk a big game on how this is "professionally built" and "best built"; kinda seems to me like blowing smoke considering you have zero posts on RCG and zero Trader Rating. You ask prospective buyers to check your feedback and your gallery, I dont see any RCG feedback or trader ratings or gallery or anything. Were you going to provide a link to another site for feedback or something?

Any testimonials from others that have bought from you?

I already know that I will not be buying this from you because you priced it out of my budget. But if those questions crossed my mind, others may have thought about it as well; answering the feedback issue may help you find your buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapyd View Post
...this is a NEW, politely upgraded, professionally build T-Rex 550 3G FBL version (BNF). I built this helicopter ...would consider some of the best built and set up helicopters out there. The helicopter has 5 flights on it...My goal is to put out the best built helicopter as possible at an affordable price...be proud to own...

...Iím not selling this helicopter to take a loss (Clearly, at $1000 you wont be taking much of a loss here) , Iím doing it to make sure you get an awesome bird that is built right because thatís what you deserve ! Check my feedback and my gallery if you get a chance.

...appreciate all comments

Asking $990.00 includes PayPal fees and shipping as described above in the CONTUS. If you pick it up locally deduct $65.00

Comments are appreciated
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old May 12, 2011, 03:15 PM
Joined Apr 2011
92 Posts
Reply to comment

First of all, I would NEVER delete a post good or bad, what kind of respect would I be displaying if I deleted negative comments, my goal is to have no negativity, I donít see this as negative, I see it as constructive. I try hard on all the forums to be an honest and honorable person.

Thank you for looking at the post and taking the time to post a reply, your time is important to me. My apologies to RCG users that I donít have feed back or a trader rating and that the ad says to check it. I created the ad in word and posted the same ad in all 4 forums, Runryder, HeliFreak, RCG and RC Universe. I started my endeavor in Runryder so my gallery and feed back is mostly there but exists in HF as well. I use the same user name ďrapydĒ in all of them so you can check them all. That is my mistake for posting a general ad, it will not happen again. I will not change the ad to reflect the proper wording because I think your post and my response should be seen by anybody interested.

I do talk a good game, a great game. At least you didnít look at the build and find something that I missed or didnít meet your standards. I have been doing this for a few years for very close friends and decided to put my work out there for others to see and benefit from. I have builds going on for people that search me out, you can see this work at my RR gallery, Iím trying to keep up with all the posting but holding an 8 hour a day job, the forums, the building and shipping its tough as you can imagine. Maybe I bit off more than I can chew but for now Iím having fun.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to comment on this post and if you get the chance or are curious to check me out on the other sites id appreciate it.

Thankx
Dave
Old May 12, 2011, 03:53 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,628 Posts
Well thank you for the thoughtful reply; and I am glad to see my questions were not taken in a negative light. I just thought clarifying that feedback issue would give you a lot more credibility for other prosepective buyers and wanted to be constructive with my comments.

The way you handled my questions was more than appropriate and should clear up any confusion. I wish you the best of luck with your sale and look to do some business with you in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapyd View Post
First of all, I would NEVER delete a post good or bad, what kind of respect would I be displaying if I deleted negative comments, my goal is to have no negativity, I donít see this as negative, I see it as constructive. I try hard on all the forums to be an honest and honorable person.

Thank you for looking at the post and taking the time to post a reply, your time is important to me. My apologies to RCG users that I donít have feed back or a trader rating and that the ad says to check it. I created the ad in word and posted the same ad in all 4 forums, Runryder, HeliFreak, RCG and RC Universe. I started my endeavor in Runryder so my gallery and feed back is mostly there but exists in HF as well. I use the same user name ďrapydĒ in all of them so you can check them all. That is my mistake for posting a general ad, it will not happen again. I will not change the ad to reflect the proper wording because I think your post and my response should be seen by anybody interested.

I do talk a good game, a great game. At least you didnít look at the build and find something that I missed or didnít meet your standards. I have been doing this for a few years for very close friends and decided to put my work out there for others to see and benefit from. I have builds going on for people that search me out, you can see this work at my RR gallery, Iím trying to keep up with all the posting but holding an 8 hour a day job, the forums, the building and shipping its tough as you can imagine. Maybe I bit off more than I can chew but for now Iím having fun.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to comment on this post and if you get the chance or are curious to check me out on the other sites id appreciate it.

Thankx
Dave
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2011, 04:19 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Trader Rating: 219
I'm going to jump in here and back up Dave with my feedback.......
If you need support or help the Heli is priceless.....
His response to the last post is just an example of his generosity,patience,experience.

If your looking for a Align Heli of any size built correctly then don't hesitate to buy from him.....
boatdoc is offline Find More Posts by boatdoc
Old May 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
His response to the last post is just an example of his generosity,patience,experience.
I agree, some people get upset when information or pics are left out of a post; I think it tells a lot about the seller by how they respond to such requests.

+1 rapyd
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2011, 04:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
92 Posts
Comment

Gentleman, this is what itís about.. Camaraderie and mutual respect, which I do have for you too. There is a lot of %^#^%$*( being put out there when it comes to people saying they are building quality helicopters, Iíve seen a bunch of it. My goal is to exceed your expectations when it comes to a build. I believe I have exceeded everyoneís expectations when it comes to my builds. I am not without fault though, I WILL jump thru every hoop possible to make sure someone is satisfied with their purchase or experience with me.

Thankx
Dave
Old May 12, 2011, 08:05 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
915 Posts
Trader Rating: 98
I'll back Dave also here, no problem

On Heli Freak I bought last week a 500ESP Align off him, that was a BNF

Heli arrived today and is perfect, and as promised

His workmanship is top notch, and his build quality is excellent

I have 36+ feedback here, and 743+ feedback on EBay

So when you have 743+ feedback on Ebay, and can recommend someone, unless you have more credentials then me, which I highly doubt, you can bring your recommendation

So for now , +1 on recommending Dave and good luck with your sale

BTW, I all most bought this heli last week off him, but decided to go with the 500ESP as this was my first CP heli

Thanks again, and good luck with your sale

Ebay user id :

Life-is-good-diver

fltekdiver is offline Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Old May 12, 2011, 08:14 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
This thread alone is awesomeness. Good luck with your sale Dave.. BTW: The Chrome background is a awesome way to promote the trex 550.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2011, 08:16 PM
Joined Apr 2011
92 Posts
Thankx brother
Dave
Old May 12, 2011, 08:16 PM
Joined Jan 2010
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
This thread alone is awesomeness. Good luck with your sale Dave.. BTW: The Chrome background is a awesome way to promote the trex 550.
You get your heli? If I remember, you were looking for one no?
Old May 12, 2011, 08:18 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
You get your heli? If I remember, you were looking for one no?
hehe FT you are right -- Yes I am still looking. Even though Daves heli is of pure quality it is a bit out of my range. I will be patient for now. I do have a few of my own to sell so I can purchase my 550.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2011, 08:20 PM
Joined Jan 2010
915 Posts
10/4, good luck,
Old May 12, 2011, 10:56 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Beautiful bird!
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old May 12, 2011, 11:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
92 Posts
Thank you. I try... You know it takes me about 10 hours to build one of these things, Im not slow but Im carefule. I want the heli to turn out just right, from the way the heat shrink grabs the wire to the length of each PowerBraid, to shimming the main shaft to not loctiting what I know has to be disasembled for shipping and on and on. People that buy these from me see it first hand the most when they see it in there hands. When they put it in the air they know it was done right.

Thank you to all

Dave
Closed Thread