HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2011, 10:30 AM
Joined Apr 2011
18 Posts
Question
Online stores that sell GENUINE Syma S107s and/or GENUINE Syma S107 spare parts?

Hi there.

I'd really like to know if anyone here could recommend any online stores that sell GENUINE Syma S107s and / or GENUINE Syma S107 spare parts?

(see below please before you reply

So, if you've bought a Syma S107 Heli OR Syma S107 spare parts (OR both from an online store in the last year or so, could you please check the following:

1. If you bought a Syma S107 Heli New in the Box from an online store, please check:

( Spare parts questions are below

a. Does it say "S107R#" on the heli circuit board? (S107R3, S107R5, etc.)

b. Does the heli itself have a GREEN LED inside on the circuit board?

c. Does the transmitter that came with the heli have a TWO-position A/B/C switch?

d. Does the Transmitter have an LED which is GREEN when NOT charging and RED when charging?

2. If you bought Syma S107 Spare Parts from an online store, please check:

(mainly for extra transmitters and spare main rotor blades)

a. Extra Transmitter:
a1. Does the transmitter have a TWO-position A/B/C switch?

a2. Does the Transmitter have an LED which is GREEN when NOT charging and RED when charging?

b. Spare Main Rotor Blades:
b1. Do the blades have "A1" (top blades) and "B2" (bottom blades) imprinted on them? (on the top of each blade right next to the screw hole)

b2. Are the blades (all 4) textured (they're not perfectly smooth) on the TOP of each of the 4 blades and smooth on the bottom?

3. In addition to the answers for Questions 1 and 2, please also indicate (obviously) the URL / name of the online store (or stores) where you bought each of the Syma S107 Helis or the spare parts you checked

Thanks!

Few other Syma S107 Questions I had:

4. Is there a official / made by Syma WALL Charger? (for USA wall current)

Any clue where to buy a GENUINE one if there is? (gotta be careful about fake chargers /polarity reversal -_-)

5. xheli.com has this item: http://www.xheli.com/part-s107-wholeheli-red.html

Is that exactly the same as a normal fully assembled Syma S107 Heli you would buy new except it does not come with the Transmitter, USB Cable and manual? (but it's still ready to fly if you already had a Transmitter)

6. Finally, a question about the Syma S107's main rotors.

If you remember my thread about the 2 Syma S107s I ordered from amazon, you know I bought 2 S107s from 2 different amazon sellers, one RED (which turned out to be genuine) and one YELLOW (which turned out to be a fake)

I didn't realize it until now, but the RED S107's (genuine) main rotors (all 4) have some texture on top of the blades, but are smooth on the bottom while the YELLOW S107's main rotors (fake) were smooth on top AND bottom (again, all 4 blades).

So my question:

Would there be any difference at all in performance between a real Syma S107 equipped with genuine Syma S107 main blades (textured on top), and the same heli equipped with the fake ones (smooth on top and bottom)?

(I'd still prefer to get genuine Syma spare parts, but just curious)

Thanks! ^_^

dhowerter is offline Find More Posts by dhowerter
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2011, 11:03 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I bought mine from eBay from a Chinese based vendor. Unfortunately, they are no longer active but I'll answer your questions regardless in case the information is still useful to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhowerter View Post
Does it say "S107R#" on the heli circuit board? (S107R3, S107R5, etc.)
Yes, mine says S107R3.

Quote:
Does the heli itself have a GREEN LED inside on the circuit board?
Yes.

Quote:
Does the transmitter that came with the heli have a TWO-position A/B/C switch?
Yes.

Quote:
Does the Transmitter have an LED which is GREEN when NOT charging and RED when charging?
Yes.

Quote:
Do the blades have "A1" (top blades) and "B2" (bottom blades) imprinted on them? (on the top of each blade right next to the screw hole)
Yes.

Quote:
Are the blades (all 4) textured (they're not perfectly smooth) on the TOP of each of the 4 blades and smooth on the bottom?
Yes.

Quote:
Is there a official / made by Syma WALL Charger? (for USA wall current)

Any clue where to buy a GENUINE one if there is? (gotta be careful about fake chargers /polarity reversal -_-)
Not sure if it's the same polarity, but there is a wall charger included with some of Syma's bigger helis like the S032 and the Chinook. It has the same plug and would fit into an S107 charging port, but as I mention I am unsure of the polarity, you would need to double check this with a multimeter. I think they put out 5V 800mAh, which might be a little too much for the S107 but it would certainly charge it faster.

Quote:
xheli.com has this item: http://www.xheli.com/part-s107-wholeheli-red.html

Is that exactly the same as a normal fully assembled Syma S107 Heli you would buy new except it does not come with the Transmitter, USB Cable and manual? (but it's still ready to fly if you already had a Transmitter)
No! These are damaged and non-working helicopters being sold cheap as you can salvage some spare parts from them. They have probably been returned by customers and XHeli figured they'd make some cash out of them instead of just binning them.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old May 11, 2011, 03:08 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
http://www.rc-fever.com/ is a source for genuine helicopters and parts.

The Syma 1S charger that ships with S032s is also sold for use with S107s and several of their other 1S LiPo helis. Works fine, I use it all the time (also on S110s, and even UDI 807s and Team R/C Talon Mini V2s). Over 400 charges among a number of helicopters.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old May 25, 2011, 01:15 PM
Joined Apr 2011
18 Posts
Thanks for the replies!

Questions:

1. So, any other suggestions for places online to buy GENUINE Syma S107s?

(preferrably *USA* based, but also UK or Japan might be OK

So far we only have rc-fever.com (definitely NOT a USA based store

To determine if your Syma S107 (and spare parts) ARE genuine, please see "Genuine tips" below

**Genuine tips:** (whole helis AND spare parts - spare parts questions are below)

If you bought a Syma S107 Heli New in the Box from an online store, please check: (if your Syma S107 is genuine, all 4 answers should be YES

a. Does it say "S107R#" on the heli circuit board? (S107R3, S107R5, etc.)

b. Does the heli itself have a GREEN LED inside on the circuit board?

c. Does the transmitter that came with the heli have a TWO-position A/B/C switch?

d. Does the Transmitter have an LED which is GREEN when NOT charging and RED when charging?

Genuine Spare Parts Questions:

If you bought Syma S107 Spare Parts from an online store, please check:

(mainly for extra transmitters and spare main rotor blades)

a. Extra Transmitter:
a1. Does the transmitter have a TWO-position A/B/C switch?

a2. Does the Transmitter have an LED which is GREEN when NOT charging and RED when charging?

b. Spare Main Rotor Blades:

b1. Do the blades have "A1" (top blades) and "B2" (bottom blades) imprinted on them? (on the top of each blade right next to the screw hole)

b2. Are the blades (all 4) textured (they're not perfectly smooth) on the TOP of each of the 4 blades and smooth on the bottom?

3. In addition to the answers for Questions 1 and 2, please also indicate (obviously) the URL / name of the online store (or stores) where you bought each of the Syma S107 Helis or the spare parts you checked.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
http://www.rc-fever.com/ is a source for genuine helicopters and parts.

The Syma 1S charger that ships with S032s is also sold for use with S107s and several of their other 1S LiPo helis. Works fine, I use it all the time (also on S110s, and even UDI 807s and Team R/C Talon Mini V2s). Over 400 charges among a number of helicopters.

1. OK, is there a place you can buy the Syma 1S charger online somewhere WITHOUT actually buying a S032? ^_^

2. You sure the 1S charger will turn itself OFF (stop charging) after the correct amount of time with a S107 since it was designed for presumably a larger / more powerful battery? (the one in the S032)

3. How long does it take to charge a S107 with the 1S charger?

4. If it takes less time than normal (normal = 30-40 minutes) for a S107 to charge with the 1S charger...

Can charging a Li-Po battery FASTER than it was intended hurt the battery in any way? (battery life in minutes during flight, total number of charges it has in it, etc.)

Last edited by dhowerter; May 25, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 10:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
18 Posts
I would appreciate it if someone (or ideally multiple people could reply to my questions from my above May 25th post in this thread :-)

That is, the question about what online stores sell Genuine Syma S107s and spare parts (I also gave tips on how you can tell)

I find it hard to believe rc-fever (in hong kong >_<) is the only one!!
(and aren't there any USA based ones?!)

ALSO, the questions in my May 25th post above about the Syma 1S Wall Charger :-)

Thanks!

Old Jun 04, 2011, 02:39 AM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
It is hard to answer because things are not that simple.

I bought a whole "new" S107 a few weeks back that matched almost all of your criteria except that the front LED is multicolor (red, green, and blue), the blades have none of the A1/B2 markings, and the fuselage molding seems a little crude.

The TX matches your criteria in every way, but it will not work with my older S107s (and vice versa).

This S107 was sold by LighTake. The box is identical to my other S107 boxes (Amazon.com). I suspect it was a refurbed unit though the Tx incompatibility mystifies me. The PCB is marked S107R5 and looks identical to my other R5's board.

As for using the Syma AC charger, it works fine.

THE CHARGER DOES NOT "turn off" but relies on the battery overcharge protection PCB inside the LiPo package. On full charge the charger's red LED comes on, which only means the battery is at a "charged" voltage level.

The current rating of the charger is irrelevant here, and only states the maximum that the device being charged can draw from the charger safely. Charged devices draw current, chargers don't push current. As long as the charger voltage matches the device's charging voltage all is well. More complex chargers have smart circuitry to manage over-voltage charging and then drop back to nominal charge voltages and trickle charges. None of that applies here, and again Syma relies on the battery PCB to help manage things.

I have used this charger for well over 100 charges each on two S107s, 40 charges of a 3rd S107, 80 charges of a UDI 807, 30 charges each of 2 HAWK Talon Mini V2s, 80 charges of an S110G, and several other compatible helicopters.

I always time the charges so that I can check for the charger's LED without leaving the unprotected LiPo of a non-Symas heli connected too long. You should always watch charging like a hawk, even when using the Tx as a charger.

Charging an S107 takes from 9 to 13 minutes depending on how discharged it was. A Talon Mini V2 or S110G take 3 to 4 minutes. I set my timer to go off at 10 minutes and 3 minutes respectively, then check for the charge-done light.

I have no clue why you think this is "FASTER than it was intended." This is a normal charge cycle. Charging rates are limited by USB and Tx charge cables based on their inability to source full charging current without damaging themselves and the devices they take power from.

Both Amazon and RC-Fever sell these chargers.
Last edited by SubtleT; Jun 04, 2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:46 PM
Joined Apr 2011
18 Posts
Four Questions about the Syma 1S charger ( Anyone can answer - the one that comes with the S032):

1. I've searched the rc-fever site and I don't see a separate "Syma 1S Charger" for sale. What is the URL for the charger's page?

2. Anywhere else you can buy the Syma 1S charger?

(some place with cheaper shipping to the USA than buying from rc-fever in hong-kong) AND some place who will definitely sell me a GENUINE Syma S107 charger (with the correct POLARITY

After all, I accidentally got a fake Syma S107 from amazon, how do I avoid getting a fake charger? >_<

(technically, I could compare the polarity of the charging plug on the Transmitter that comes with my S107 to the polarity of the 1S charger I buy, but that's only AFTER the 1S charger gets here - I'd just prefer to buy a real one to begin with..

3. Is one of these the charger that comes with the S032?

Link--> http://www.hobby-estore.com/SearchRe...h=syma+charger

4. Could someone post a pic of what a real Syma 1S charger looks like (close up if possible) AND it's specifications (voltage / amps)?

(mainly to help me tell if the one I order is genuine...)

SubleT / ALL-

Wow. Thanks for the explanation about the chargers! ^_^

As for the 1S Charger times seeming "faster" to me than normal, that's because from what I've read on these forums, whenever someone mentions the charge time for a Syma S107, they always say around 30-40 minutes (USB charging cable).
Various websites I've seen seeling the Syma S107 also say the same charging time.

So clearly 9-13 minutes with the 1 charger is a significant difference

Quote:

As for using the Syma AC charger, it works fine.

Charging an S107 takes from 9 to 13 minutes depending on how discharged it was.

I have no clue why you think this is "FASTER than it was intended." This is a normal charge cycle. Charging rates are limited by USB and Tx charge cables based on their inability to source full charging current without damaging themselves and the devices they take power from.

Both Amazon and RC-Fever sell these chargers.
Last edited by dhowerter; Jun 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 05:26 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
RC Fever doesn't seem to be stocking it as a part now.

XHeli has it: http://www.xheli.com/56p-s032-24.html
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:08 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:

Xheli wants $6 for a S107 lipo (not too bad), but another
$9.49 for shipping!!
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
Joined Apr 2011
18 Posts
OK, I need confirmation of what the real Syma S032 wall charger LOOKS like.

The small plug of the charger (goes into the heli) looks very different in the xheli page SubleT posted

http://www.xheli.com/56p-s032-24.html

than it does on rc-fever's main page for the S032 heli (scroll down)

http://www.rc-fever.com/syma-s032-3c...th=337_669_189

The small plug (black) on the rc-fever one looks like it WOULD fit into a S107, but the small plug on the xheli one looks weird (and the plug is RED)

Questions:

1. What IS the real model number (S032-24?) / Volts / mA Output rating for the S032 charger?

2. SO is the rc-fever one what the real S032 wall charger looks like?

3. Did xheli just use the wrong pic?

4. If the pic is wrong at xheli and I ordered the one at xheli, would it actually be the same charger they show in the rc-fever page?

5. ANY other places you can buy the S032 wall charger?
(preferrably places with the correct PIC of it!

Thanks! ^_^

Quote:

Last edited by dhowerter; Jun 29, 2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:06 PM
Joined Apr 2011
18 Posts
Could someone please reply to the questions in my above June 22nd post

(rc-fever link vs xheli link - 2 DIFFERENT looking chargers (both supposedly for the Syma S032 heli), So..

Which is the REAL Syma S032 wall charger? (I'm guessing the rc-fever one)

(AND especially the question above about OTHER places you can buy the S032 wall charger! - with the CORRECT PIC of it!

I'm guessing the xheli pic is simply the wrong pic :-)

Thanks! ^_^

Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:26 AM
Joined Apr 2011
18 Posts
I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me ANY other online stores you can buy the Syma S032 wall charger?

(besides amazon since we know they can have fake helis and heli parts)

Preferrably places with the correct PIC of it! ^_^

So far rcfever and xheli have been recommended, but rcfever apparently no longer stocks it and xheli has a pic of the wrong charger. >_<

ANY other places?

Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:17 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
I have just replied to your other post and you don't need a genuine Syma charger you just need any wall charger that will give you the same or very similar output with the small black plug with the white part that goes into the heli.

Quote:
I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me ANY other online stores you can buy the Syma S032 wall charger?

(besides amazon since we know they can have fake helis and heli parts)

Preferrably places with the correct PIC of it! ^_^

So far rcfever and xheli have been recommended, but rcfever apparently no longer stocks it and xheli has a pic of the wrong charger. >_<

ANY other places?

scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:43 PM
Joined Aug 2008
106 Posts
I've purchased several 3-ch helis from Hobby E-store. They're here in the states out in California and have most of the Syma helis and parts. I just ordered and received their mini Chanook today that I ordered over the past week end so their lead times are pretty good. They even threw in two packs of AA batteries for the TX. Give them a try. As for the charger I got the one from them for the S107 that plugs into the wall and has a light that goes out when you first plug the heli in, then comes back on when fully charged. I've used this same charger for the Syma S108G but not sure about others. Hope this helps.

Mike
ferret dad is offline Find More Posts by ferret dad