SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by lslewis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 09, 2011, 06:37 AM
Stilwell Shipyard
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Nov 2003
2,100 Posts
Discussion
Time and Tides wait for no Man

It took a long while to really recover from my hospital stay. It took even longer to return to modeling. Late March I reopened the factory and began work on a plane that had been waiting on the shelf. However the foam kit and construction did not impress me and it got sent to the garage half built.

The Aero Commander kit had spoiled me, all the design was complete and all the parts fit, the plane looked and flew great. During my recovery I saw a lot of boats and one tug caught my eye. I decided to model a boat but wanted a well designed kit for my first attempt. I caught sticker shock boat kits are $$$.
Until I found http://www.vac-u-boat.com/ his cute tug boat Jr. looked just perfect. When I mentioned I might want to retrieve a model plane from the lake adjoining our flying field the owner suggested his tow boat. Tug boat, tow boat what's the difference?
lslewis is offline Find More Posts by lslewis
Last edited by lslewis; May 09, 2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Added tow boat photos.
to remove ads between posts