HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2011, 07:11 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2008
56 Posts
Help!
HK SS 15-18 amp ESC stuck on reverse throttle range

I have a Hobby King Super Simple 15-18 amp ESC and I accidently set it up with reverse throttle set on the TX and I just can not get it to work with a normal throttle range. I've tried going through setup nothing works.

(Note: It's not the motor that's turning backwards)
mman1506 is offline Find More Posts by mman1506
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2011, 09:08 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,549 Posts
So, you had the channel reverse set on the TX, and when the throttle is at max on the TX, the motor is stopped? Then, you changed the TX, and the throttle no longer works? Have you tried retraining the ESC by plugging it in with the throttle at max on the TX, then moving the throttle back to min?
Wintr is online now Find More Posts by Wintr
Old May 09, 2011, 11:11 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2008
56 Posts
Kinda

It never stopped working....but i have been trying recalibrating the throttle range and since you have to have at max then move to min it dosent work. since I set it up. basically it work like if you set the throttle channel on you're tx on reverse mode
Old May 09, 2011, 11:48 AM
Garry
Tumble weed country Eastern Washington
Joined Aug 2004
530 Posts
What transmiter are you using. You are saying with the throttle stick at max the motor is off and when you bring the stick down the motor runs. I had a problem with the throttle on the plane I am building that was driving me nuts till I unplugged the ESC from the receiver and plugged in a servo to see what was going on with just the servo. My problem turn out to be in my mixing of my throttle channel. If you can reverse the servo direction with the transmiter I would say it is a problem with the ESC, If servo won't reverse with transmiter it is Your transmiter. Good Luck Garry
crash-rc is offline Find More Posts by crash-rc
Old May 09, 2011, 11:54 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2008
56 Posts
It's a HK 4 channel TX and it is definitely the esc as it will work when the channel is set on reverse. I'm using it fora quadcopter project so it needs to be working the normal way.
Old May 09, 2011, 04:17 PM
Garry
Tumble weed country Eastern Washington
Joined Aug 2004
530 Posts
That is why I said to plug a servo into throttle channel, with trans in normal will the servo still work
crash-rc is offline Find More Posts by crash-rc