HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2011, 09:14 PM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
Discussion
Blade MCX2 Battery

After starting with a venom troop transporter just to see if I like flying helis, I got bored with it after a week and bought me a Blade MCX2, so far love it, except battery life. I am wondering what charger and batteries I should get so I can have multiples to charge and fly for a little while at a time, harder to learn in 10-11 minutes increments when i get caught up in other stuff while batteries are charging.

Also any pointers for a first time heli flyer would be great, hoping to move up to outdoors sometime.
mcguire6799 is offline Find More Posts by mcguire6799
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2011, 09:08 AM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
Ventura, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,334 Posts
Get a couple of Turnigy 138 mAh batteries. They're typically .99 cents each and work just a little better than the E-Flites IMO. The E-Flite 4 port 1 cell charger with wall plug is great for keeping multiple batteries on tap. Just make sure to let the tiny motors cool for a bit between flights.
Cleared2Engage is offline Find More Posts by Cleared2Engage
Old May 10, 2011, 05:22 AM
Curmudgeon-at-Large
W. KY
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
Or... just go ahead and buy the RTF mSR (you know you want one). Two batteries and a four-port charger are included with the kit.
gtriever is offline Find More Posts by gtriever
Old May 10, 2011, 10:56 PM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
I am just making sure I like the Helis so not going to spend a lot right now, but I say that now... I will probably go to the non co axle blade in a few weeks after getting comfortable with this one.
mcguire6799 is offline Find More Posts by mcguire6799
Old May 12, 2011, 07:58 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Like gtriever said, if you do end up liking Heli's then get an MSR BNF. The 4 port charger is priceless as far as keeping everything charged up on demand. You can use your MCX2 transmitter on the MSR too. It's a learning curve though, since coaxials make flying seem so easy when it's not at all.

Also, heed Cleared2Engage's warning and WAIT at least 5 to 10 minutes between batteries. I literally just fixed my MCX2 last night from this problem. The motors will get hot and will come out of true, and bind up the gears. I can totally attest to this The fix for me was to heat up the plastic with a hair dryer and force it back into place (holding while it cools).

I still fly my MCX2 every other day, it's fun to fly and is very forgiving. Also, you might as well switch to the longer swash ball links, it's too slow on the short ones.
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69