SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2011, 05:20 PM
~Lookout below!~
Las Vegas, Nevada
Joined Jul 2004
128 Posts
Help!
New Optic 6 - Optima 7 RX Range issues

I bought a new Optic 6, with (2) Optima 7 Rx's. I installed each RX in (2) different planes and got everything programmed.

I binded the radio to both planes using the recommended standard binding.

Once I got to the field range check proved that I only was able to walk about 75 feet from the plane before contact was lost.....

This was the identical case with plane #2.

My friend uses an Aurora 9, so we bound a plane to his TX. We even tried it in the alternate binding mode....however, the range issue happened in about the same exact spot.

I can assure you the rx is mounted correctly, and there are no obstructions to the rx antenna(s).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Thanks,

DJ
deegola is offline Find More Posts by deegola
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2011, 02:39 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegola View Post
I bought a new Optic 6, with (2) Optima 7 Rx's. I installed each RX in (2) different planes and got everything programmed.
I binded the radio to both planes using the recommended standard binding.
Once I got to the field range check proved that I only was able to walk about 75 feet from the plane before contact was lost.....This was the identical case with plane #2. My friend uses an Aurora 9, so we bound a plane to his TX. We even tried it in the alternate binding mode....however, the range issue happened in about the same exact spot.I can assure you the rx is mounted correctly, and there are no obstructions to the rx antenna(s).Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be wrong?Thanks,DJ
Crosspost Answered - Manufacturer's Forum.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.