Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jokeane, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 07, 2011, 02:20 PM
"Spark Chaser"
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Jun 2004
349 Posts
Discussion
Flew my Cessna 182 and Pitts Bipe

Flew both of my new HobbyKing foamies on Wednesday. Both flew great.

The Cessna really works well. Good power, nice handling. Flaps worked very nicely. I'll probably drop the wheel pants due to the grass field. I will also probably prop it down to a 10" prop for more ground clearance.

Pitts flew nicely, very sedate for a Pitts. Both planes need a bit more aileron throw.
jokeane is offline Find More Posts by jokeane
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Le Fish aerobatic slope glider
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 08:49 AM
WHAT U LOOKIN AT!
Penrith, NSW, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
2,656 Posts
cool how u like the cessna?? im thinking of getting one.
jaskel is offline Find More Posts by jaskel
Old May 23, 2011, 06:33 PM
"Spark Chaser"
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Jun 2004
349 Posts
Cessna was nice while it lasted

I was flying w/ stock motor, stock prop, and I think I pulled too many amps out of the ESC or the BEC. In any event, the controls locked up during a turn and it went in from about 75 feet up. Smashed up pretty good.

Since I've never had a problem with my 2.4Ghz Spektrum gear previously, I'm going to point the finger at cheap Hobby King electronics. I fly 4 other large balsa planes with Spektrum radio gear and higher quality ESC and often stand-alone UBEC's.

I'll see what I can salvage and junk the rest. Airframe was nice. Electronics are not really too good IMHO.
jokeane is offline Find More Posts by jokeane
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Le Fish aerobatic slope glider